PAM 422 - what is good price?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

PAM 422 - what is good price?

mitakam
New User
mitakam
New User

March 14th, 2017, 4:58 pm #1

Hello All,

New in the forum and Panerai but not into watches.

I decided to pull the trigger on 422 but not sure what is a good price for it. Checked the listed prices but they vary depending on countries.

Is 8500 good one or I should try to bring it down.

Thanks.

11years
Paneristi
11years
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 5:06 pm #2

8500 what?

sdumperth
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 5:46 pm #3

Hello All,

I decided to pull the trigger on 422 but not sure what is a good price for it. Checked the listed prices but they vary depending on countries.

Thanks.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353390/s ... &sort=date

Always remember, you can’t buy class. -Dad

mitakam
New User
mitakam
New User

March 14th, 2017, 6:10 pm #4

hi, 8500 usd

philmickfan
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 6:27 pm #5

Hello All,

Thanks.
If you are looking for pre-owned, $8500 is much too high. More like ~$6500.

tarichar
Paneristi
tarichar
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 7:08 pm #6

Hello All,

Thanks.
Just kidding, I saw you clarified USD below. $6500 would be a good used price but I would think hard to find, $7500 would be much more realistic. Make sure it has box and papers, with the papers matching the SN's on the case. $8500 would be a decent price for brand new, with box and papers.

heymay
Paneristi
heymay
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 8:11 pm #7

Hello All,

Thanks.
shoot me an email -- I know someone with one at a better price if interested, bnib

115354r@gmail.com

mitakam
New User
mitakam
New User

March 14th, 2017, 8:30 pm #8

Hello All,

Thanks.
Thanks All,

Should have explained better initially. The price is for new watch from Authorized dealer in the Caribbean.

Want to know what is the realistic lowest price I can ask for?

petezapie
Paneristi
petezapie
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 9:07 pm #9

Hello All,

Thanks.
i would push for 25% off and go with no less than 20%.

good luck, she's a beauty

MattyMac
Paneristi
MattyMac
Paneristi

March 14th, 2017, 11:18 pm #10

Just kidding, I saw you clarified USD below. $6500 would be a good used price but I would think hard to find, $7500 would be much more realistic. Make sure it has box and papers, with the papers matching the SN's on the case. $8500 would be a decent price for brand new, with box and papers.
I sold my 422 over a year ago for $6900. $6500 should be pretty easy to achieve for a minty pre-owned 422.

I've seen them listed on watchrecon for under $6000 which is a very good deal and seems to be around 372 pricing. Which there used to be a much wider margin between the 2.

A bit more watch technically than 372 obviously with the power reserve on the caseback, second hand reset, sapphire and subseconds hand. Perhaps, not as popular as the 372 might be why the prices are down? And some are unloading watches to fund this years SIHH Novelties.

The 372, 422 and even the 423 are good values in the current market.
Matt aka "MattyMac"
[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/uhRXPLEt.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/Y9DzklCt.jpg[/img][/url]

mitakam
New User
mitakam
New User

March 15th, 2017, 3:45 pm #11

i would push for 25% off and go with no less than 20%.

good luck, she's a beauty
Thanks All for your input