PAM 372 Differences

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

PAM 372 Differences

tedplyler
Paneristi
tedplyler
Paneristi

May 14th, 2017, 7:15 pm #1

Since the release of the PAM 372, have there been any differences among the various releases, I.e. straps included, box size, extra crystal included or not? Thanks in advance.

DesmoFan
Paneristi
DesmoFan
Paneristi

May 14th, 2017, 8:27 pm #2

1. P serial was the last to have the Ranger and Vintage Gold as OEM straps. After that changed to the tapered Asso.

2. S serial was the first to not have Plexi (or extra Plexi included). It was Sapphire Crystal

There was also a minor update to the movement appearance recently, not sure which serial.

panerik
Paneristi
panerik
Paneristi

May 14th, 2017, 9:51 pm #3

That P series is last of 26/26 straps...S series is 26/22...there was no Q series...

tedplyler
Paneristi
tedplyler
Paneristi

May 15th, 2017, 12:27 am #4

Since the release of the PAM 372, have there been any differences among the various releases, I.e. straps included, box size, extra crystal included or not? Thanks in advance.
Thank you for the valuable info (nt)

vkry
Paneristi
vkry
Paneristi

May 15th, 2017, 1:29 am #5

1. P serial was the last to have the Ranger and Vintage Gold as OEM straps. After that changed to the tapered Asso.

2. S serial was the first to not have Plexi (or extra Plexi included). It was Sapphire Crystal

There was also a minor update to the movement appearance recently, not sure which serial.
Not sure if this gona help,just bought 673 S(815/1000) 26/22mm oem straps a week ago come with rubber strap,unscrew tool,extra glass(not sure sapphire crystal/plexi).i have buy 1 more extra oem straps and buckle cuz the length of calf cashmere gold 26/26mm so the buckle have too be 26mm

jsungraphy
New User
jsungraphy
New User

May 16th, 2017, 1:08 am #6

I just got my PAM 372. I thought I would get the one P series, but it is S series. There is no extra glass included since it's sapphire crystal. I wanted to try that plexi, but... I am kinda liking this piece a lot. I haven't seen the plexi one compared to this side-by-side, but sapphire looks pretty good. I also noticed that the newer series has different OP number engraved on the case. It's OP 7029 (I think it used to start with 6). I first thought I was going to return to get P series, but I am sticking with this one.

By the way, I do not like ASSO strap that came with 372. I need to sell it. I prefer 26/26mm size strap than this tapered one.

micah372
Paneristi
micah372
Paneristi

May 16th, 2017, 2:42 am #7

I remember when this watch was announced and I was utterly smitten.

Then I got it and realized I'd probably never need another Panerai again (ouch, hurts a bit to say that but honestly... still pretty much true for me)

And now, I have NO idea what box it was in, what straps are in that box, I don't even know what series mine is other than being from the first series with a very very low number, and no... I don't know what number LOL

But I do know, I still wear it regularly and still love the damn thing!