OT: visiting NYC next week...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: visiting NYC next week...

April 11th, 2017, 8:27 pm #1

Hi! Well, it seems I'll be in New York end of next week! Should be fun, right?

So... any must-visit places for a Paneristi? I'd gladly follow your suggestions, I'm sure there are some NYC 'ristis here, tell me!

THANKS!
Piter
PS. yeah, for sure BH Photo store

April 11th, 2017, 9:41 pm #2

All the major boutiques are on Madison avenue and are all walking distance.

That's a must!

Where are you staying? give us the neighborhood or cross streets and we can give you a line on some cool spots near where you'll be.

Anyone in the area wanna try to do a drink or quick bite?

Mike C, 312 NYC

April 11th, 2017, 10:07 pm #3

Let's make it happen

April 11th, 2017, 10:36 pm #4

So... any must-visit places for a Paneristi? I'd gladly follow your suggestions, I'm sure there are some NYC 'ristis here, tell me!

THANKS!
Piter
Is on Madison between 62nd and 63rd. A little farther uptown than most of the watch boutiques. Near there is also Goyard where you can find a new backpack to test

I'm not local to NYC, but know a few spots to suggest

Lange is North a few blocks at 785 Madison. Be sure to say hi to Lindsey there! The AP boutique is great on 57th between Madison and Park. Some people have complained of aloof salespeople, but they have been very friendly when I've stopped in. Wempe, Cellini, Tourneau are all nearby. Rolex (Wempe) Boutique and Patek is in Tiffany and Wempe.

Then there is the Diamond District on 47th street. Ton's of pre-owned and grey market watches to see there.

If you are looking for outdoor equipment/supply type stores there are several in SOHO. (REI, Patagonia, Snow Peak, Burton, G-Shock, etc.) The Leica boutique is also in SOHO if you want to pick up a new SL and a few lenses.

If you want American workwear type stuff (Levi, Red Wing, Lee, Carhartt, etc.) try Dave's New York. 6th Ave between 16th and 17th.

Then of course there's the food........

April 11th, 2017, 10:57 pm #5

THANKS!
Piter
Thanks guys! Panerai place, sure! Also Arc'teryx store in SOHO is a must. Some good ideas here, thanks!

I'll stay super close to Empire State Building so should be close everywhere.

I'll be with some guys so meeting in the evening can be quite challenging (at least before 10PM) but during lunch time - anywhere, anytime! I'll stay in NY Fri to Sun

April 11th, 2017, 11:52 pm #6

Near your hotel: Cask for dinner. Near 33 street and park avenue. Middle branch (across the street, no sign, host the address on the door) for after dinner drinks, then insomnia bakery around the corner for late night fresh baked cookies - with little bottles of milk in the coolers!

If you're into burgers, try minetta tavern in Greenwich village. Crazy expensive, I think close to thirty bucks for that burger, but excellent. Custom blended beef from a celebrity butcher...They exist. And a really cool old time place. They also have roasted bone marrow, excellent!

I also recommend (and this is weird) Scott's pizza tour. It's a walking tour of famous pizzerias downtown with samples and history of the places. It's on trip advisor....imagine going into a watch shop with one of us. This dude knows hood stuff. Like oven temperature, dough thickness. Etc.

I'd also recommend the cloisters, part of the metropolitan museum of art, but across the river. Great location to shoot photos. Also walk the high line park.

Panerik is usually the go to lunch guy.

Let's see what we can arrange
Mike C, 312 NYC

April 12th, 2017, 5:17 am #7

Is on Madison between 62nd and 63rd. A little farther uptown than most of the watch boutiques. Near there is also Goyard where you can find a new backpack to test

Lange is North a few blocks at 785 Madison. Be sure to say hi to Lindsey there! The AP boutique is great on 57th between Madison and Park. Some people have complained of aloof salespeople, but they have been very friendly when I've stopped in. Wempe, Cellini, Tourneau are all nearby. Rolex (Wempe) Boutique and Patek is in Tiffany and Wempe.

Then there is the Diamond District on 47th street. Ton's of pre-owned and grey market watches to see there.

If you are looking for outdoor equipment/supply type stores there are several in SOHO. (REI, Patagonia, Snow Peak, Burton, G-Shock, etc.) The Leica boutique is also in SOHO if you want to pick up a new SL and a few lenses.

If you want American workwear type stuff (Levi, Red Wing, Lee, Carhartt, etc.) try Dave's New York. 6th Ave between 16th and 17th.

LOL!! 😂😂 (nt)

April 12th, 2017, 1:52 pm #8

Any suggestion who'd be the best person to ask in the boutique? I'd surely like to try some pieces just not sure if my wallet would approve any purchase

April 12th, 2017, 10:42 pm #9

He is excellent...Louis is great as well...