OT: Updated version of "How to get your pics to show up here"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: Updated version of "How to get your pics to show up here"

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 5:07 am #1

If possible can the one in the archives be replaced with this one? Photobucket went through an update few months back, now that it's all settled out I've update the tutorial so it's current with the photobucket layout now.

This seems to be a topic that comes up frequently so I thought I'd offer some advice on how to get your photos onto this forum quickly and easily... and how to avoid those superfluous

Now click Select photos and videos.

After clicking Select photos and videos navigate to the picture(s) you want to upload. This is a basic tutorial so I won't go into how to size your pics, but I find it best to do it prior to uploading. Sizes between 800 and 1200px are usually the norm.

Once the upload is complete cick View album or Save and continue to my album.

--- Step 3:
Under each picture you should now see many link options, if you don't see them mouse over the picture and they should pop up. You can make the links always visible in Account Settings > Album settings > Always display link options if you want, as well as deselecting types of links you never use.

Copy either "Direct Link" or "HTML Code" do not use "IMG Code" or "HTML Thumb" (explained later)

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Go to the paneristi.com forum you want to post on and click the "Post new thread" link. Remember to enter a NAME in "Your Name" or your post will show up as "anonymous"... not cool. Also remember to enter your email in the Your Email field... it says optional but if you don't include an email your post will be subject to deletion as per paneristi.com rules.

Drop your smoking hot wisdom in the "Message Text" field and then paste the Direct Link or HTML Code that you copied from photobucket into your post. Wherever you paste this code is where your image will show up. Post is looking good, you said some pithy stuff, everyone will be impressed right?

Don't click "Post" yet!

Instead do everyone a favor and hit that "Preview" button... this is your only chance to review, edit and correct... there is NO edit function on p.com...

--- Step 5:
Review review review! You're taking the time to post on the preeminent Panerai information website... you know... the one that is so well respected that Panerai themselves dedicated a watch to it's 10th anniversary? Come on, make that post sparkle m'kay?

Your text should be short and sweet (unlike most of mine) and your images should be a clean, viewer-friendly size and layout....

--- BUT...
If you see these nasty, distracting

You copied the wrong link from photobucket... you copied this one....
(Many forums use the

You should have copied this one, note that it starts with 'img src' instead of 'IMG'

If your picture shows up very small that means you copied the HTML Thumb code, making your pic a small clickable thumbnail... thumbnails belong on thumbs, not in posts

--- One more thing to check before you click "Post"...
If you click on your picture does it take you back to your photobucket account? Do you really want everyone to be able to check out your entire photobucket account? I didn't think so...

On any page of your photobucket account click on your user name, then "Account Settings" then "Album settings"... be sure the "Link back to albums" is NOT selected...

While you're at it click on Privacy next to Album settings and be sure things are how you want them.

Now reload your preview and your pic should no longer do anything when you click it. At worst it goes to the photobucket homepage, so what.

NOW you're ready to hit Post... and with a little luck... you're in business! Thanks for reading (especially the parts about NOT using the IMG code... sorry, pet peeve!) [/color]

HammerHammer
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 5:31 am #2

Tanks Tiger

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 5:32 am #3

If possible can the one in the archives be replaced with this one? Photobucket went through an update few months back, now that it's all settled out I've update the tutorial so it's current with the photobucket layout now.

This seems to be a topic that comes up frequently so I thought I'd offer some advice on how to get your photos onto this forum quickly and easily... and how to avoid those superfluous

After clicking Select photos and videos navigate to the picture(s) you want to upload. This is a basic tutorial so I won't go into how to size your pics, but I find it best to do it prior to uploading. Sizes between 800 and 1200px are usually the norm.

--- Step 3:
Under each picture you should now see many link options, if you don't see them mouse over the picture and they should pop up. You can make the links always visible in Account Settings > Album settings > Always display link options if you want, as well as deselecting types of links you never use.

Copy either "Direct Link" or "HTML Code" do not use "IMG Code" or "HTML Thumb" (explained later)

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Go to the paneristi.com forum you want to post on and click the "Post new thread" link. Remember to enter a NAME in "Your Name" or your post will show up as "anonymous"... not cool. Also remember to enter your email in the Your Email field... it says optional but if you don't include an email your post will be subject to deletion as per paneristi.com rules.

Drop your smoking hot wisdom in the "Message Text" field and then paste the Direct Link or HTML Code that you copied from photobucket into your post. Wherever you paste this code is where your image will show up. Post is looking good, you said some pithy stuff, everyone will be impressed right?

Don't click "Post" yet!

Instead do everyone a favor and hit that "Preview" button... this is your only chance to review, edit and correct... there is NO edit function on p.com...

--- Step 5:
Review review review! You're taking the time to post on the preeminent Panerai information website... you know... the one that is so well respected that Panerai themselves dedicated a watch to it's 10th anniversary? Come on, make that post sparkle m'kay?

Your text should be short and sweet (unlike most of mine) and your images should be a clean, viewer-friendly size and layout....

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

You should have copied this one, note that it starts with 'img src' instead of 'IMG'

If your picture shows up very small that means you copied the HTML Thumb code, making your pic a small clickable thumbnail... thumbnails belong on thumbs, not in posts

If you click on your picture does it take you back to your photobucket account? Do you really want everyone to be able to check out your entire photobucket account? I didn't think so...

On any page of your photobucket account click on your user name, then "Account Settings" then "Album settings"... be sure the "Link back to albums" is NOT selected...

While you're at it click on Privacy next to Album settings and be sure things are how you want them.

Now reload your preview and your pic should no longer do anything when you click it. At worst it goes to the photobucket homepage, so what.

NOW you're ready to hit Post... and with a little luck... you're in business! Thanks for reading (especially the parts about NOT using the IMG code... sorry, pet peeve!) [/color]

clifW
Paneristi
clifW
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 5:54 am #4

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

sdumperth
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 6:04 am #5

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

Way to help noobs!

May the force be with you........................Always!

Being "Individual" is SO expensive!

"Always remember, you can't buy class" -Dad

ERSanchez
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 6:34 am #6

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

I even learned a thing or two!

Thanks for taking the time!

Eddie "Sharkman" Sanchez

"It's all about the patina, Baby!"

P U R A V I D A !

The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more ~ fortune cookie

BlackHills
Paneristi
BlackHills
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 7:27 am #7

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

First things first: On paneristi.com there is no way for users to "just upload pictures". You have to find a hosting service that will hold your pictures and provide you with URL's that you can copy/paste into your message text.

You can upload photos without a hosting service. Network54 allows users to upload pictures temporarily and it hosts them. For some reason the "Insert Object" box does not show up on Firefox but it does on other browsers. You can click on it and upload a GIF, JPEG or PNG via the dialog box which opens. However, it does limit the size to 128KB. IIRC the pic only stays on the Net54 server for 7 days.

See...

Ciao
Scott

Four wheels move your body; two wheels move your soul. You bring a Ducati to life; all other bikes you just start.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. And furthermore, always carry a small snake. -- W.C. Fields
Any motorcyclist caught holding up automobiles on a winding road will be forced to sell all fringed accessories, buy plaid pants and take up golf.-- Peter Egan

zameenzahari
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 8:33 am #8

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 9:31 am #9

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

</td></tr></table>

murphtyper
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 12:33 pm #10

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

FrankV1
Paneristi
FrankV1
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 1:39 pm #11

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

Il Duomo Firenze

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 2:26 pm #12

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

Gregesq
Paneristi
Gregesq
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 4:07 pm #13

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 4:25 pm #14

First things first: On paneristi.com there is no way for users to "just upload pictures". You have to find a hosting service that will hold your pictures and provide you with URL's that you can copy/paste into your message text.

You can upload photos without a hosting service. Network54 allows users to upload pictures temporarily and it hosts them. For some reason the "Insert Object" box does not show up on Firefox but it does on other browsers. You can click on it and upload a GIF, JPEG or PNG via the dialog box which opens. However, it does limit the size to 128KB. IIRC the pic only stays on the Net54 server for 7 days.

See...

Ciao
Scott

Four wheels move your body; two wheels move your soul. You bring a Ducati to life; all other bikes you just start.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. And furthermore, always carry a small snake. -- W.C. Fields
Any motorcyclist caught holding up automobiles on a winding road will be forced to sell all fringed accessories, buy plaid pants and take up golf.-- Peter Egan
My pics are almost always over that size limit so I guess I have to stick with the photobucket route.

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 4:39 pm #15

Right? Isn't that right? That's not right?

I can't figure it out either, sometimes the person who posted the video doesn't allow embedding so you don't even see the "Embed" or "Share" options, sometimes when I do it it works fine, other times it doesn't show up, and no matter what someone always says "I can't see the video"... so when I do it I now always include a straight link to the video as well. Youtube's embed feature stinks is what I'm trying to say

wheaton26
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 5:51 pm #16

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

wheaton26@hotmail.com

pam5j
Paneristi
pam5j
Paneristi

December 13th, 2011, 10:10 pm #17

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

"what comes around goes around"

Javman
Paneristi
Javman
Paneristi

December 14th, 2011, 5:14 am #18

--- Step 3:

--- Step 4:
Now it's time to post.

Don't click "Post" yet!

--- Step 5:

--- BUT...

(Many forums use the

Cheers
Rob Montana