OT: The exodus

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: The exodus

Althaur
Paneristi
Althaur
Paneristi

April 15th, 2017, 5:32 am #1

Hello everyone! I'm sitting in Kuwait this morning. Of course, I'm welcomed with high winds and a bunch of sand blowing around. It was gorgeous when I first arrived this morning. Got checked in to billeting, showered and walked out for breakfast and coffee. Bam! Sand blasted and in need of another shower already. I hat the desert.

This was probably the most rewarding, yet toughest deployment in 29 years. I worked with some real professionals doing some great, game-changing work. I was in awe of how much my team did even when I was throwing more at them. It was also the toughest because of missing so much time with my wife and our daughter who was less than a year old. Skype is a miracle though! I got to see both of them almost every day.

I'm sitting here cooling my heels for several days. I hate the boredom, but it gives me time to catch up on my reading.

Thanks to so many of you here who emailed, texted, and wrote to say hi. That meant and means a lot to me. I hope to thank each of you in person in PA. And thank you to everyone who took the time to send me care packages. Those were wonderful and enjoyed by the whole team. I think the state of NY may have a beef jerky shortage for years thanks to Panerik.

I can't wait to see so many of you next month. I'm looking forward to the laughs. Take care!

Josh
Josh

jrdiandrea
Paneristi
jrdiandrea
Paneristi

April 15th, 2017, 12:43 pm #2

I enjoyed experiencing your past year through your posts here and on facebook. From first meeting you at the Cleveland GTG just before your deployment and soon catching back up with you in Phila......it's great to hear of your appreciation for the experience but I'm most glad to know you are safely returning home to your family. Thank you, Josh, for your service. But now it's time for you. You and your family!

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Best......

panerik
Paneristi
panerik
Paneristi

April 15th, 2017, 1:03 pm #3

Hello everyone! I'm sitting in Kuwait this morning. Of course, I'm welcomed with high winds and a bunch of sand blowing around. It was gorgeous when I first arrived this morning. Got checked in to billeting, showered and walked out for breakfast and coffee. Bam! Sand blasted and in need of another shower already. I hat the desert.

This was probably the most rewarding, yet toughest deployment in 29 years. I worked with some real professionals doing some great, game-changing work. I was in awe of how much my team did even when I was throwing more at them. It was also the toughest because of missing so much time with my wife and our daughter who was less than a year old. Skype is a miracle though! I got to see both of them almost every day.

I'm sitting here cooling my heels for several days. I hate the boredom, but it gives me time to catch up on my reading.

Thanks to so many of you here who emailed, texted, and wrote to say hi. That meant and means a lot to me. I hope to thank each of you in person in PA. And thank you to everyone who took the time to send me care packages. Those were wonderful and enjoyed by the whole team. I think the state of NY may have a beef jerky shortage for years thanks to Panerik.

I can't wait to see so many of you next month. I'm looking forward to the laughs. Take care!

Josh
...for your heroic service and the sacrafice that you and your family has made...I am glad that I was able to support you in some small way. We are thrilled that you will be home soon, and can't wait to see you in May!!

I already see people eating beefjerky on the streets of NY again!!!

So happy for you and your family, Josh...

fullcourt1
Paneristi

April 15th, 2017, 2:07 pm #4

Josh
travel home safe brother....thank you for your service, cya soon
dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
more than just a watch

FLS2K
Paneristi
FLS2K
Paneristi

April 15th, 2017, 3:11 pm #5

Josh
Thank you, and see you soon! 👍🏻👍🏻
FLS2K is Beef
Beef is FLS2K

Gorilla_Wrists
Paneristi

April 15th, 2017, 3:22 pm #6

Josh
And safe travels home!

sassiekiwi
Paneristi
sassiekiwi
Paneristi

April 16th, 2017, 10:53 am #7

Josh
Hey Josh

Have never met you but have followed your posts and am so glad you are safe and sound and on the way back to your family. Thanks for serving and enjoy the days ahead.

Peace to you.

S

Aeromat209
Paneristi

April 17th, 2017, 2:47 am #8

Josh
Best wishing you a safe and fast trip Home !! Hope to see you soon we'll Have a cold one!

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

April 17th, 2017, 12:29 pm #9

Josh
...wish I could make it over to the GTG next month. Take plenty of pics!