OT: Tatra Mountains in September'17 (massive photo report of recent hike)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

OT: Tatra Mountains in September'17 (massive photo report of recent hike)

PiterM
Paneristi
PiterM
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 2:42 pm #1

Second summer report for 2017... one still to go.

Anyway, as you're already noticed (probably) my perfect vacation location is rather high in the mountains than in crowded resort at seaside. BTW, nothing against seaside, I'm certified open sea sailor as well and sailing is my #2 preferred vacation fun. But anyway, this year I decided that my son (6.5 yo) is big enough to get to the next level of mountaineering, which is... caving. Nothing extreme, of course, but still caving is caving! And I mean non-illuminated caves, where you crawl on four, sometimes in mud and water, for an hour or so, with your own headlamp. Sounds like fun? And it was! So I gathered a good old mountaineering crew (my family, good friend with his, and my father as a helping hand as he's pro-climber) and we moved to the mountain hut for a week.

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

And special mention - my dad - our guide, help and inspiration:

Chapter III - Easy Day, to relax in this beautiful place...

My pack on that hike... Arc'teryx Bora AR50, sexy beast!

And my knife - CRK Inkosi

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter IV - Jurassic Park

Well... kind of. Very Jurassic terrain, and the cave there is called Dragon's Lair so... enjoy:

Chapter V - Lost Way Cave

That's actually the official name, no worry, we didn't get lost. Common sense is crucial: don't go alone, everyone got his own lamp AND for every 2 people the should be at least 1 backup lamp. That's the longest non-illuminated cave in Tatra officially open for public. To explore all halls you need about one hour, 3/4 of that time you go 'on four' and on that day iwt was really wet there. And better watch the signs on the walls! If you go a wrong way... well, you can get lost for good. Total length is about one mile.

Also sorry to dissapoint you but this time I had to leave my Panerai home... caving would ruin it beyond my point of pain. I'm sure cristall would be all scratched, if not shattered. So G-Shock is (hopefully) understandable choice this year:

It starts on 2, but soon you have to crawl

Also notice pack change... small, slim an waterproof pack is crucial there. Choice: Arc'teryx Alpha FL30.

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

This one is easy and beautifully illuminated... what a relief!

OK, I decided to have some fun too:

Hydration is must! Also check how 'clean' the backpack is after couple of caves... my cloths looked the same actually

Chapter VII - last day and way back...

Last day was generally rainy so we had just a small walk to the lake nearby. And the next day - perfect sun! Anctually great for a long way back with heavy backpack!

THE END

stronzix
Paneristi
stronzix
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 4:29 pm #2

I love the G-Shock you wore (Mudmaster)? Looked like to me... I love that watch.

Best,
--CF

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 4:55 pm #3

Anyway, as you're already noticed (probably) my perfect vacation location is rather high in the mountains than in crowded resort at seaside. BTW, nothing against seaside, I'm certified open sea sailor as well and sailing is my #2 preferred vacation fun. But anyway, this year I decided that my son (6.5 yo) is big enough to get to the next level of mountaineering, which is... caving. Nothing extreme, of course, but still caving is caving! And I mean non-illuminated caves, where you crawl on four, sometimes in mud and water, for an hour or so, with your own headlamp. Sounds like fun? And it was! So I gathered a good old mountaineering crew (my family, good friend with his, and my father as a helping hand as he's pro-climber) and we moved to the mountain hut for a week.

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Well... kind of. Very Jurassic terrain, and the cave there is called Dragon's Lair so... enjoy:

That's actually the official name, no worry, we didn't get lost. Common sense is crucial: don't go alone, everyone got his own lamp AND for every 2 people the should be at least 1 backup lamp. That's the longest non-illuminated cave in Tatra officially open for public. To explore all halls you need about one hour, 3/4 of that time you go 'on four' and on that day iwt was really wet there. And better watch the signs on the walls! If you go a wrong way... well, you can get lost for good. Total length is about one mile.

Also sorry to dissapoint you but this time I had to leave my Panerai home... caving would ruin it beyond my point of pain. I'm sure cristall would be all scratched, if not shattered. So G-Shock is (hopefully) understandable choice this year:

Also notice pack change... small, slim an waterproof pack is crucial there. Choice: Arc'teryx Alpha FL30.

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

Hydration is must! Also check how 'clean' the backpack is after couple of caves... my cloths looked the same actually

Last day was generally rainy so we had just a small walk to the lake nearby. And the next day - perfect sun! Anctually great for a long way back with heavy backpack!

THE END
What an amazing trip!!! TFS, Piter! nt

JZ365
Paneristi
JZ365
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 5:33 pm #4

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Thank you once again for taking us along

Cheers
Jose

ferry.monne
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 6:08 pm #5

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Thanks for sharing this wonderful report! nt

hesalitedome
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 6:30 pm #6

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
I live vicariously through your adventures Piotr. My wife and son wish I were as adventurous as you, but alas, I fondle my watches and Chris Reeve knives quietly at home You may inspire me to get out there. Of course, had I been in that cave, I suspect I would get lost!

John

DrewWatson
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 7:31 pm #7

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Such beautiful scenery, amazing photos, and it looks like you and your family had a wonderful time.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Best Regards,

Drew

CarsandChronos
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 7:50 pm #8

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Really enjoy looking at your posts! Thank you for sharing

PiterM
Paneristi
PiterM
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 9:18 pm #9

I love the G-Shock you wore (Mudmaster)? Looked like to me... I love that watch.

Best,
--CF
It's a Mudmaster GG-1000, works great, it's not as huge as GWG-1000 and its got all I need which is actually time, world time, alarm, compass. Plus analog display and it looks super cool too. It's my dedicated mountaineering watch now.

stronzix
Paneristi
stronzix
Paneristi

October 9th, 2017, 10:52 pm #10

I am going to get myself one of those bad boys! One of the very best watches conceived in the last few years from Casio, a masterpiece if you asked me. The watch literally one of the best for outdoor outings with virtually everything you need to get back home if you got lost

Enjoy in great health.

Best,
--Claudio

Aeromat209
Paneristi

October 10th, 2017, 3:30 am #11

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
So gracious to see some what what you see in your country my country of origin .

Just Marvelous !! Cheers !!

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

October 10th, 2017, 3:26 pm #12

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
scdvv

Pam009T
Paneristi
Pam009T
Paneristi

October 10th, 2017, 6:07 pm #13

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Thanks to share with us these beautiful photos, it's allways a pleasure. This makes you want to go to Poland.
I also like your selection of material, knife, backpack, ax, nothing is done randomly, it always gives me ideas of purchase (especially the knives of chris Reeve).

PiterM
Paneristi
PiterM
Paneristi

October 10th, 2017, 7:21 pm #14

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
really much appreciated, thanks! P

nujney
Paneristi
nujney
Paneristi

October 10th, 2017, 7:29 pm #15

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Thanks for sharing!

hawaiiantimer
Paneristi

October 10th, 2017, 9:16 pm #16

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Mahalos,

G

evertech
Paneristi
evertech
Paneristi

October 12th, 2017, 6:36 am #17

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
I am certain much efforts are being put in to put up these pictures. in the age of facebook, these posts are great for reader but not so as poster. thank you again

Demo-man
Paneristi
Demo-man
Paneristi

October 13th, 2017, 12:32 am #18

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
Haven't posted/visited in many moons, and thought I'd see how P.com is doing. So nice to see you still posting these great pictures. I remember years ago seeing your pictures and always enjoyed them. Family has grown, and pictures still amazing to see. Be well.

AstorWilson
Paneristi

October 31st, 2017, 8:05 pm #19

Chapter I - The Hut

Chapter II - Going Up

Plus some other stuff...

Chapter VI - Frosty Cave

THE END
great pics