Only 3 years

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Only 3 years

P1723
Paneristi
P1723
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 7:02 am #1

Today, 3 years ago, it was a nice ‪Sunday morning‬.
Appointment was made for the evening and I could hardly wait I remember.
As it was almost time to leave home for a nice coffee before the appointment, I grabbed my wallet and a strap that’s all.
I been eyeing on the new model (was then), 8 days manual, titanium military look, no date, simple.
Having tried on my wrist the first time, I was sold!
Couldn’t wait to put on the strap I brought along as I knew, for sure the OEM won’t my tiny 5.75” wrist.

Still remember that feel…the happiness…

So I started having it on everyday, looking forward to winding it every week. It was smooth, buttery smooth. Baby the watch, afraid of scratches. Pictures with food, sceneries and wrist shots were common in the city but never on rugged terrains nor overseas trips, rain nor wet it at all.

Then one fine day, it happened. A passer-by swing by his SS watch and I felt the impact. Ouch, painful, it was really painful, for the heart.
Was very sad the first few weeks and kept looking at the ding (miserable small and hardly visible one).
Still logging into ‪P.com‬ daily to admire adventures and wrist shots from everyone, digging into history of the brand further.
One moment something just struck. Why baby it? It was a naval tool which braved the freezing waters, mud and combat.

Then the journey began. It goes with me to many more holiday trips.
First was the harsh (to me) winter in Hokkaido.

Well, it was running not so great so it got admitted.

Happy to be back after a month

Then I got my diving permit

Follow by advanced course

The first time it tasted sea water.

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

And a proud achievement when I got my wife into this crazy sh*T

New victim of the strap bug

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Then it was the second dive, a real muddy one with extremely poor visibility.

Now I realised, to fully enjoy the watch is to do everything together.
No more babying, no more hiding, the more harsh the condition is, the better the watch gets.
Of course through this journey met a few nice people who are crazy with the brand.

The watch is now like a diary, every single scratch is a memory.
Upcoming trip, another harsh winter to see the Northern lights maybe?

It’s only 3 years I am aware, nothing compared to the seniors here but it will go on.
Thanks for reading!

ferry.monne
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 7:38 am #2

Hi Vince!

Most of us go through these phases, being super careful with you Panerai.

You mentioned that at one point your watch stopped running accurate, how long did you have the watch and how did it come back?

Looking at the wrist of your lady, maybe a 42 or 40 would fit her better or you must have a second plan where the both of you can share both watches!

Have a great day!
Last edited by ferry.monne on March 21st, 2018, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P1723
Paneristi
P1723
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 8:56 am #3

Hey hi thanks for reading!
The watch was running fast by more than 1min a day after a full wind, since day one.

CarsandChronos
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 10:46 am #4

As it was almost time to leave home for a nice coffee before the appointment, I grabbed my wallet and a strap that’s all.
I been eyeing on the new model (was then), 8 days manual, titanium military look, no date, simple.
Couldn’t wait to put on the strap I brought along as I knew, for sure the OEM won’t my tiny 5.75” wrist.

So I started having it on everyday, looking forward to winding it every week. It was smooth, buttery smooth. Baby the watch, afraid of scratches. Pictures with food, sceneries and wrist shots were common in the city but never on rugged terrains nor overseas trips, rain nor wet it at all.

Then one fine day, it happened. A passer-by swing by his SS watch and I felt the impact. Ouch, painful, it was really painful, for the heart.
Was very sad the first few weeks and kept looking at the ding (miserable small and hardly visible one).
Still logging into ‪P.com‬ daily to admire adventures and wrist shots from everyone, digging into history of the brand further.
One moment something just struck. Why baby it? It was a naval tool which braved the freezing waters, mud and combat.

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

No more babying, no more hiding, the more harsh the condition is, the better the watch gets.
Of course through this journey met a few nice people who are crazy with the brand.

It’s only 3 years I am aware, nothing compared to the seniors here but it will go on.
Thanks for reading!
This is how it's done. Nice to see the watch is an adventure companion

jhb24
Paneristi
jhb24
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 11:24 am #5

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
Gr8 Post - thanks for sharing your 3 years with a PAM!
JB in Shaker

DONAG
Paneristi
DONAG
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 11:46 am #6

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
Dcfgtr

PiterM
Paneristi
PiterM
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm #7

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
Thanks for sharing, really supercool!

chizchiz
Paneristi
chizchiz
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 12:09 pm #8

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
I'm a new PAM guy myself and love to hear about others who are not only loving the brand but really enjoying their watches on a daily basis. Its why I fell in love with the PAM233, and can't see a single situation where I wouldn't be proud to have it on my wrist! (dings be damned)

shoe-bop
Paneristi
shoe-bop
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 12:35 pm #9

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
Really enjoyed following your journey!

PAM062E
Paneristi
PAM062E
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 1:46 pm #10

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
Thanks for the great story. I see you visited Otaru! I lived in Hokkaido for 1 year in 1999 and enjoyed beautiful national parks there.

DesmoFan
Paneristi
DesmoFan
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 2:01 pm #11

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
I've always enjoyed your detailed and photo-rich posts, so cool to have this re-cap here in sequence.

Aeromat209
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 2:09 pm #12

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
You got the Passion Bravo !!!!

Acro-Pilot
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 3:49 pm #13

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
What an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING story!!! TFS, Vince! :-)

pp5120
Paneristi
pp5120
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 4:08 pm #14

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
great and wonderful journey with your PAM...toast to many more...

ryuden
Paneristi
ryuden
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 5:29 pm #15

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
The number of years is just what it is...numbers. The passion is what defined the Ristiness...

See you later for the long waited first official celebration.

Cheers.

thewink14
Paneristi
thewink14
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 5:51 pm #16

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
This makes me happy. What a great post and a great reminder of whats these things are for ( well besides keeping time )

mlcdmd
Paneristi
mlcdmd
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 6:06 pm #17

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
i agree, i felt the first scratch deep in my soul. hurts a little less every time!

excellent pics. i'm here a0bout 3 years too and loving it!

Mike C, 312 NYC

stockae92
Paneristi
stockae92
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 9:04 pm #18

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
glad to read that someone actually celebrate wearing the watch, instead of "help! I got a scratch / ding / dent on my watch, what should I do?"

rapers
Paneristi
rapers
Paneristi

October 26th, 2017, 10:58 pm #19

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
come to London and not let us know in advance?
Next time, tip us the wink and we'll find a red carpet for you.
A fun read this, many thanks, Vince.

Mississauga_risti
Paneristi

October 27th, 2017, 12:30 pm #20

To Taiwan

London

Amsterdam

Germany

Italy

Oldest in Venice

And Japan again

Thanks for reading!
What a great story. And I love how you've embraced the watch for what it is designed for (and always was).... there are some things (watches, cameras, lenses, jewelry, cars etc...) that are investments and others that are highly perfected works of industrial design that are meant to be used for the purpose they were created for. I personally love when these types of things develop their own patina. When they become an extension of our own life story. And it's clear that your PAM has now moved into that space. Congrats. Enjoy the watch, enjoy the memories and don't stop making them with your wife!

All the best from Canada,

- Paul