My turn to take a go at the Desert Island Dream....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

My turn to take a go at the Desert Island Dream....

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 4:36 pm #1

So I'm not much of a beach sitter, though I do enjoy the occasional trip to Hawaii. It's a lucky thing I can bring a movie and some music otherwise I'd get bored pretty fast

Down goes the boat, out go the arms and after some paddling I'm safe though hardly dry. I guess I better check the time on one of my two watches...

Of course this comes with me, being stuck on an island will definitely provide plenty of opportunity to reflect on what this watch represents to me...

And then since I'm a practical kind of guy I'd bring this so I could time the fish I'm presumably poaching in coconuts filled with water...

For my two songs I'd first ponder what kind of iPod only holds two songs and conclude... who cares? Just glad I have these two...

Steely Dan, Deacon Blues... somehow seems appropriate for being stranded on an island....
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
If you can't see the embedded vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck1N1I-LzWc

And Boards of Canad, Music is Math though anything by them would be fine... just something mellow and really cool for those long afternoons...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bKe_Zg ... GQXDpP5zFQ

For my one book.... Gosh hard to say, my tastes change a lot... but I think I'd have to go with Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain since I've read it once or twice a year every year since I was about 10... and seem to always find something new to love about it each time.... (dern the dern fog! is a regular refrain around my house over the last year)

1 movie is an easy choice, Goodfellas, a movie I've seen so many times I could probably do a play based on it from memory....

1 photograph, this one is tough.... Since I don't like posting pics of my family on the internet you'll have to imagine this picture with my son in it, that would be my one.... a reminder of him, our family and where I'd wish I was every day instead of on an island

1 memory... again tough.... I think it would be whatever the most recent memory of time with my family was... probably the dinner we last had before things went disastrously wrong

1 meal... a regenerating meal that can be slightly tweaked to my specifications? Pizza of course Just one meal that I can eat once and that's it? The full multi-course meal from Schwa! Plus since Chef would have to be there to cook it now I have some company too... though I'm not sure Carlson would be the best person to be stuck on a desert island with... maybe he could do something really amazing with coconut milk and sea snails tho?

And for one person.... practically speaking I'd have to go with Les Stroud, the Survivorman... As you can see he's already done this so I think I'd feel pretty comfortable with him around

But if I'm stuck there forever with the magically regenerating pizzas I'd definitely go with my wife, we can do anything together I'm sure surviving on a desert island wouldn't be outside our abilities.

Thanks for reading, I'll pick someone to do it again next monday thanks!

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 5:19 pm #2

good to see the DID is back to life...

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

hongT
Paneristi
hongT
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 5:30 pm #3

So I'm not much of a beach sitter, though I do enjoy the occasional trip to Hawaii. It's a lucky thing I can bring a movie and some music otherwise I'd get bored pretty fast

Down goes the boat, out go the arms and after some paddling I'm safe though hardly dry. I guess I better check the time on one of my two watches...

Of course this comes with me, being stuck on an island will definitely provide plenty of opportunity to reflect on what this watch represents to me...

And then since I'm a practical kind of guy I'd bring this so I could time the fish I'm presumably poaching in coconuts filled with water...

For my two songs I'd first ponder what kind of iPod only holds two songs and conclude... who cares? Just glad I have these two...

Steely Dan, Deacon Blues... somehow seems appropriate for being stranded on an island....

And Boards of Canad, Music is Math though anything by them would be fine... just something mellow and really cool for those long afternoons...

For my one book.... Gosh hard to say, my tastes change a lot... but I think I'd have to go with Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain since I've read it once or twice a year every year since I was about 10... and seem to always find something new to love about it each time.... (dern the dern fog! is a regular refrain around my house over the last year)

1 movie is an easy choice, Goodfellas, a movie I've seen so many times I could probably do a play based on it from memory....

1 photograph, this one is tough.... Since I don't like posting pics of my family on the internet you'll have to imagine this picture with my son in it, that would be my one.... a reminder of him, our family and where I'd wish I was every day instead of on an island

1 memory... again tough.... I think it would be whatever the most recent memory of time with my family was... probably the dinner we last had before things went disastrously wrong

1 meal... a regenerating meal that can be slightly tweaked to my specifications? Pizza of course Just one meal that I can eat once and that's it? The full multi-course meal from Schwa! Plus since Chef would have to be there to cook it now I have some company too... though I'm not sure Carlson would be the best person to be stuck on a desert island with... maybe he could do something really amazing with coconut milk and sea snails tho?

And for one person.... practically speaking I'd have to go with Les Stroud, the Survivorman... As you can see he's already done this so I think I'd feel pretty comfortable with him around

But if I'm stuck there forever with the magically regenerating pizzas I'd definitely go with my wife, we can do anything together I'm sure surviving on a desert island wouldn't be outside our abilities.

Cheers
HongT

matthewsiv
Paneristi
matthewsiv
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 5:49 pm #4

Why the rolex when you have a Panerai?

Just put a Z Matten on it.

TruRadiomier
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 5:54 pm #5

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 5:55 pm #6

Hey Micah

Why the rolex when you have a Panerai?

Just put a Z Matten on it.
nt

dralhc
Paneristi
dralhc
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 6:01 pm #7

Reminds me I should re read Huckleberry Finn, as I have not done so since I was a child.

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 6:50 pm #8

Thanks,
Michael M.

berryman
Paneristi
berryman
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 7:54 pm #9

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 8:03 pm #10

dmasanda
Paneristi
dmasanda
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 10:50 pm #11

"I'm just sayin"

micah249
Paneristi
micah249
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 10:53 pm #12

The Explorer was the first non-Panerai watch that came to mind. However I think that on a practical level the Sub just makes more sense, particularly since it has a date so I could keep track of when Christmas is

dmasanda
Paneristi
dmasanda
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 11:03 pm #13

Just had to check.

"I'm just sayin"

Mr_Fugazy
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 11:05 pm #14

Kirk

mizount
Paneristi
mizount
Paneristi

December 6th, 2010, 11:49 pm #15

Pam 351, 002-DLC, IWC Mark XVI, Ball ESHGlow

epfunk
Paneristi
epfunk
Paneristi

December 7th, 2010, 12:22 am #16

barams
Paneristi
barams
Paneristi

December 7th, 2010, 12:22 am #17

samen
Paneristi
samen
Paneristi

December 7th, 2010, 12:23 am #18

JohnSim
Paneristi
JohnSim
Paneristi

December 7th, 2010, 12:35 am #19

-------------------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - GT

dilutedmagnetics
Paneristi

December 7th, 2010, 1:05 am #20