My Desert Island Dream

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

My Desert Island Dream

Robbie-Do
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 8:05 pm #1

Ship sinking -- and now washed ashore, with only 10 items to bring:
2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

I get a call from James Catacchio to tell me to contact Mr Bonati, URGENTLY!

"I've got some good news Robert, we have an OOR Egiziano waiting for you to come and get"

OMG! I need to get the money together so I go to see some people with a knack for having some money on them -

Unfortunately, a couple of days later the credit crunch starts hitting home and they want the money back in full with all interest payments. After its discovered that there is no way I can pay, they explain to me why they've got me a new pair of shoes -

Thankfully my lung capacity is pretty good so while I'm there I'm checking to see the legibility of my watch -

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

All good. OK, enough fun and games, down to business.

2 watches -
First, my latest, the 187 -

So new I still haven't had a chance to shoot any pics but I absolutely love this piece and it suits my wrist soooooo well.

Next up, this puppy -

I would love to see this model brought out as a run. True to Panerai's DNA but something different that could be made in a wearable size 47-50mm.

2 Songs -
Song number 1 is my favourite ever, period. I can listen to this any time of day, any type of mood -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STWSTgfMruc

Song number 2 is from a group that I've loved listening to from the start of their careers -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS_q_DXIhVk

1 Book -

I've read this book so many times but never get bored of Douglas Adams' style or wit. So recommended.

1 Movie -

I enjoy a good laugh and the humour in this movie has never dated for me. An eternal classic.

1 Photograph -

I carry this image in my heart wherever I go. A photo that represented my move from growing up to a man with responsibilities for others that were greater than anything else.

1 Memory -
This is going to make me sound really soft but it truly is my most outstanding memory. When my wife and I met back in 1997 we were just young pups and naturally we were nervous with each other. On our second date we turned up separately at a function for a mutual friend. We were both sober and kept looking at each other wondering if the first time we met was more due to our alcohol consumption or it was for real. I remember clearly seeing her walk away from her friends towards me whilst I rabbited on to my friends. She stood next to me and I immediately held her hand. This was the most natural thing to do and we both instantly felt at ease with each other but could feel there was more there. 12 years later and we are still going very strong and I've never stopped loving her which makes the one person option very easy -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -
Starter, squid stuffed with prawns -

Mains, tortilla con chorizo -

Dessert, cheese with quince paste -

and this to drink -

If you made it this far then I hope you enjoyed it.

Rules for responders: Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script. Do not post it. I, (Robbie-Do), will randomly pick someone to post on the following Monday.

Rob (Melbourne, Australia)

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 8:16 pm #2

Thanks for sharing this with us! That was a great D.I.D. =)))))

And great story about you and the wife!

Best,
-James

---------

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't. -Warren Buffett

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 8:34 pm #3

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

"I've got some good news Robert, we have an OOR Egiziano waiting for you to come and get"

OMG! I need to get the money together so I go to see some people with a knack for having some money on them -

Unfortunately, a couple of days later the credit crunch starts hitting home and they want the money back in full with all interest payments. After its discovered that there is no way I can pay, they explain to me why they've got me a new pair of shoes -

Thankfully my lung capacity is pretty good so while I'm there I'm checking to see the legibility of my watch -

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

So new I still haven't had a chance to shoot any pics but I absolutely love this piece and it suits my wrist soooooo well.

Next up, this puppy -

I would love to see this model brought out as a run. True to Panerai's DNA but something different that could be made in a wearable size 47-50mm.

2 Songs -
Song number 1 is my favourite ever, period. I can listen to this any time of day, any type of mood -

Song number 2 is from a group that I've loved listening to from the start of their careers -

1 Book -

I've read this book so many times but never get bored of Douglas Adams' style or wit. So recommended.

1 Movie -

I enjoy a good laugh and the humour in this movie has never dated for me. An eternal classic.

1 Photograph -

I carry this image in my heart wherever I go. A photo that represented my move from growing up to a man with responsibilities for others that were greater than anything else.

1 Memory -
This is going to make me sound really soft but it truly is my most outstanding memory. When my wife and I met back in 1997 we were just young pups and naturally we were nervous with each other. On our second date we turned up separately at a function for a mutual friend. We were both sober and kept looking at each other wondering if the first time we met was more due to our alcohol consumption or it was for real. I remember clearly seeing her walk away from her friends towards me whilst I rabbited on to my friends. She stood next to me and I immediately held her hand. This was the most natural thing to do and we both instantly felt at ease with each other but could feel there was more there. 12 years later and we are still going very strong and I've never stopped loving her which makes the one person option very easy -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Rules for responders: Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script. Do not post it. I, (Robbie-Do), will randomly pick someone to post on the following Monday.

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
Great stuff Rob. Nice story too. nt

Dooderino
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 8:44 pm #4

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"

Back in Toronto - Canada

"The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!!" - Mavis Leyrer

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 8:46 pm #5

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"

samueln
Paneristi
samueln
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm #6

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
Nicely done

owenkel
Paneristi
owenkel
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 9:44 pm #7

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
nt

Oliver
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfahlen, Germany

FFrankF
Paneristi
FFrankF
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 9:52 pm #8

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
Cheers

Frank

mirador
Paneristi
mirador
Paneristi

January 29th, 2009, 10:47 pm #9

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
Really enjoyed this one - can't wait to see the 187 too !

Serva Tempa

ewit
Paneristi
ewit
Paneristi

January 30th, 2009, 12:37 am #10

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
Loved your memory and I'm a big fan of "Airplane" (or "Flying High" as they named it for DU.)

Big Congrats on the 187, bro. Looking forward to seeing it on your wrist !

otisDU
Paneristi
otisDU
Paneristi

January 30th, 2009, 12:52 am #11

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
And nothing wrong with getting mushy

BTW... love the 187!

Sent from my iPhone

amandagw
Paneristi
amandagw
Paneristi

January 30th, 2009, 2:17 am #12

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
I love that shot of you and the family, its just gorgeous!

Cheers

Amanda

wolfwatch
New User
wolfwatch
New User

January 30th, 2009, 3:02 am #13

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
... :D :D ....

kcutler
Paneristi
kcutler
Paneristi

January 30th, 2009, 4:48 am #14

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
nt.

OPfanCC
Paneristi
OPfanCC
Paneristi

January 30th, 2009, 2:26 pm #15

2 watches
2 songs
1 book
1 movie
1 photograph
1 memory
1 person
1 meal

A freak wave -

Washes me up on here -

2 watches -

Next up, this puppy -

2 Songs -

1 Book -

1 Movie -

1 Photograph -

1 Memory -

Truly my Angel.

1 Meal -

and this to drink -

Wear it,Use it.

"Don't worry, be happy"
and as good as your favorite story is, the one about how you wind up on the island is classic!