My Desert Island Dream.....mike2zero style......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

My Desert Island Dream.....mike2zero style......

mike2zero
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:16 am #1

Ship sinking : washed ashore 10 items

2 watches

the first one is obvious.....

The Community Zero....they won't bury me with it on...but my son will be wearing it as he tosses dirt with the shovel!!

I had to think alot about the second watch...I battled with myself on whether
it should be a watch I own, or a watch I dream about...I chose a watch I own...a
kinda special watch...not very expensive but my wife bought this for me after I
sold my Omega Seamaster to make a house payment after I lost my job a few years
ago...its a Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive.

It made an impact on me because it showed me that she understood that watches were
a hobby of mine, that while she didn't know why I liked them...but she understood that
it was important to me.

2 songs

The first song is "If it be your will" performed by Antony...quite the tweaky dude, but an incredible song, with incredible meaning to me.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The second song is "Arms wide open" by Creed...It speaks of his feelings as a new father...I always sing this at the top of my lungs, and if I am honest...tear up a little bit.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

1 book

A must have for any Geek my age...The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!!

1 movie

My favorite movie of all time!! "The Fifth Element"

1 photograph

This was a struggle...I have hundreds to choose from, but this one really
spells it out for me.My incredible wife Lori, and my kids Lauren and Jake...
they are what I live for

1 memory

I want to try to explain why I chose this memory...I know alot of people will
choose the birth of a child...meeting their spouse...but I chose the night that
I got my Panerai....Diego, Ray, and Eddie cooked the idea up, and got 40-something
other people to chip in for it...it still freaks me out!

Outside of my wife and children, it made me feel more accepted and more worthy of
love and friendship than I had ever felt in my life...You made me understand the phrase

"So much more than just a watch"

1 meal

My wifes meatloaf, with home made mash potatos, super-sweet corn, and an ICE cold Diet Pepsi...What can I say..I am a simple fat guy!!

1 person

I gotta pick my wife....we have been through so much...the birth of children
...the loss of children...the depths of my depression, to the highs that we
have experienced in our 12 years of marriage...plus, since it would just be
us...we could have some alone time!!!!

Thank you for reading if you got this far....

Rules for responders : just post your name underneath . Prepare your script do not post it i will pick someone to post next week
Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

"In Simplicity lies true greatness" -Francesco De Sanctis

samen
Paneristi
samen
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:23 am #2

I think I can relate to you in many ways.
Courage and hopes bro, always...

Cheers!

Yoelfuld
Paneristi
Yoelfuld
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:25 am #3

2 watches

The Community Zero....they won't bury me with it on...but my son will be wearing it as he tosses dirt with the shovel!!

it should be a watch I own, or a watch I dream about...I chose a watch I own...a

It made an impact on me because it showed me that she understood that watches were
a hobby of mine, that while she didn't know why I liked them...but she understood that
it was important to me.

2 songs

The first song is "If it be your will" performed by Antony...quite the tweaky dude, but an incredible song, with incredible meaning to me.

The second song is "Arms wide open" by Creed...It speaks of his feelings as a new father...I always sing this at the top of my lungs, and if I am honest...tear up a little bit.

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

I got my Panerai....Diego, Ray, and Eddie cooked the idea up, and got 40-something

Outside of my wife and children, it made me feel more accepted and more worthy of
love and friendship than I had ever felt in my life...You made me understand the phrase

1 meal

My wifes meatloaf, with home made mash potatos, super-sweet corn, and an ICE cold Diet Pepsi...What can I say..I am a simple fat guy!!

1 person

Rules for responders : just post your name underneath . Prepare your script do not post it i will pick someone to post next week
Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

a little too nice perhaps !

"Enjoy your time." - my watchmaker.
"I'd rather collect children than watches" - my wife

ravi76
Paneristi
ravi76
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:26 am #4

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

sellnit
Paneristi
sellnit
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:26 am #5

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

and don't mind Joe190, you NEVER can be too nice. The world does not have enough of them, and the community can use all we can get as well! Best wishes and great post.

"Pending something meaningful to be said"

Feisar
Paneristi
Feisar
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:30 am #6

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Beautiful family and I got teary-eyed with the last 3 photos. I can relate to a lot of what you said.

/Gives you a big bear hug :D

Cheers and regards,
TerryH

005 / 177 / 232 / 190 in Alexandria, VA

"Watches are vessels for self-expression – the amplifier to our inner persona"

shawnpcalhoun
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:31 am #7

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Mike, you are the man.

Love ya babe!

RustyCash
Paneristi
RustyCash
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:35 am #8

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

nt

gbottomline
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 2:39 am #9

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

nt

Kind regards,

kiyong

Demo-man
Paneristi
Demo-man
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 3:04 am #10

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Great post Mike, love that meatloaf.

AurelioS
Paneristi
AurelioS
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 3:06 am #11

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

nt

What would Bruce do?

I'll tell ya - he's getting his butt to Montreal, for the June 6-8th, 2008 F-1 Paneristi GTG!!

And, check out my blog... "Screaming In An Elevator!"

boa22
Paneristi
boa22
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 3:12 am #12

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Thank you!

Colonel83
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 3:24 am #13

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Very nice Mikey! Great choices and great post. :) nt.

sqrl
Paneristi
sqrl
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 3:34 am #14

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

DiegoArana
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 3:39 am #15

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

I really enjoyed reading this one.
Gave me a bit more insight behind
The Man and The Myth of Mike2zero.

Great post buddy

Cheers,
Diego
Studio City, CA
Refresh, refresh, refresh........

SullyPAM
Paneristi
SullyPAM
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 3:42 am #16

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

I am amazed and inspired, truly. Thanks for the glimpse buddy.

P.S. Tweaky doesn't quite explain him......I will get back to you on another adjective though.

Sully - Dave
Philadelphia, PA
"The strongest of all warriors are these two -- Time and Patience." As a teacher, I find that both are eluding.

Paneristiadmin
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 4:10 am #17

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Great post Mike. Kind of jealous you picked Lori over me. You'll be back! nt

mdtddd2007
Paneristi
mdtddd2007
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 4:35 am #18

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Nice...pam 000

Cheekyguille
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 4:37 am #19

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

can you hear him screaming

bknieriem
Paneristi
bknieriem
Paneristi

April 15th, 2008, 4:56 am #20

2 watches

it was important to me.

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

they are what I live for

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary