My Desert Island Dream - Gilligan could only dream of such a trip!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

My Desert Island Dream - Gilligan could only dream of such a trip!!

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 12th, 2009, 11:14 pm #1

OK, let me preface this D.I.D by saying that I cannot figure out how to embed the video's for the songs and movie so I just threw up the tags. Please take the time to listen and watch these as they really mean a lot to me. - Steve
>
>
>
>
>
So I get this call from a buddy that got me a spot on the Puma Ocean Racing team's new racer, 'Il Mostro'. The first leg of the race was leaving from Boston so I just shot down to Fan Pier and jumped on. I knew you needed a lady to christen the bow, so I made a phone call and my friend Selma politely obliged. Here she is laying one into the titanium bow with a bottle of Mumm.

Shortly after the race had started, I started telling my crew-mates how the film "The Perfect Storm" was based out of Gloucester, MA. They all started laughing at me and saying that it was all Hollywood hype, there was never such a large wave. Just then, what do you think happens? Skipper gives us a shout to hang on and right around the same area as the film was some kickin' waves and suddenly...

As I can't really swim all that well, my fellow crew member, James Catacchio told me to grab something that floated well. He said he had something and was ready...

I grabbed onto as much stuff as I could and hoped for the best.

I woke up here...

with a bunch of stuff in my pockets stuff like:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

I couldn't figure out why I grabbed that stuff but then it finally hit me. Here is my D.I.D.

2 Watches

I chose this watch to grab onto because it should be something that every adventurer wear while on an extreme excursion - Breitling Emergency (for obvious reasons)

My second was my beloved Panerai Ferrari 008. My first and only Panerai that without, I would have never met such a great group of friends.

I don't know why I grabbed my iPod, it only had 2 songs on it. Then I remembered that those two songs have so much sentiment because of 2 special people in my life...

Te Veo - Jesus Adrian Romero
This song reminds me of my beautiful daughter, Olivia. I don't speak Spanish so I really don't know what he is saying but I don' think you have to. It just speaks to me. If you are a Dad of a lil' girl, watch this video. You will agree with me, I am sure. (damn thing has me all misty eyed just listening as I write this.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGN2TIZUygI

Plain White Ts - Hey There Delilah
This may seem like an odd song to have on my iPod but my 4yr. old son, Maxx is in love with it. He can sing every word and could listen to it over and over again. I love how innocent he sounds when he sings it. It really makes me proud to be his Dad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_m-BjrxmgI

I grabbed a book? Really?? Hmmm...Then it hit me. I could have brought something by my favorite author, Harlan Coben, but instead I took a book that was given to me by a good friend. It really is something that I will hold onto and pass onto my kids and tell them where I got it from. It's message is loud and clear..

My iPod Touch has 1 movie in it for a reason, I am too cheap to buy more on iTunes. But it is a good one. Kind of quirky but one of Robert Altman's greatest (IMHO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwnhRRRQtaI

I clutched a photo so tight that I thought I ruined it, it is really my favorite of the thousands I have of these two pip-squeaks. Maxx and his trucks and Livvy and her smile!

I do remember one distinct memory that will always stay with me no matter what happens to me - When my grandfather(my Nono)was sick in his hospital bed (the one he eventually passed on in) he asked me to do him a favor. He said, "Stevie, I always want to look my best, even when I don't feel my best. Could you do me the favor of shaving my beard for me?" I gladly did it, just as he taught me how to when I was a lil' kid sitting on his sink watching him. It was the last time he spoke with anyone as he wen't to sleep and never woke up. R.I.P Nono, I love you!!

I grabbed a bag with something in it and it was still hot. I opened it up and knew exactly why I had grabbed it. It was my wife's breaded chicken cutlets. She got the recipe from my mom but my wife makes them like no other. Just the right amount of fresh grated cheese in her home made breadcrumbs. Mmmm... I love 'em.

Finally, I woke up to find the most beautiful woman sitting next to me on this perfect beach. I knew Selma stayed behind and there were no women on board so this must have been a dream. I am glad it was because I could not let one day go by without having this woman by my side. She knows my ins and outs and all my little flaws that make me, well...me. She is my best friend - My wife Kim!

Thanks for coming on my little trip, I hope it was worth the time spent!!

-Steve
http://timetotock.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/stevengrande

Panerai and Paneristi.com...way more than just a watch!!

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

January 12th, 2009, 11:34 pm #2

Great pics and some great stories.
Magic pic's of the kids and the Mrs.

I should warn you that the Breitling didn't work for Mr S Fossett ;-(

One of the best lines by MA is "Is up to you"
Best wishes,
Jp

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 12th, 2009, 11:44 pm #3

...Each day provides its own gifts.

Ain't that the truth!!

All my best!

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

mirador
Paneristi
mirador
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 12:52 am #4

OK, let me preface this D.I.D by saying that I cannot figure out how to embed the video's for the songs and movie so I just threw up the tags. Please take the time to listen and watch these as they really mean a lot to me. - Steve
>
>
>
>
>
So I get this call from a buddy that got me a spot on the Puma Ocean Racing team's new racer, 'Il Mostro'. The first leg of the race was leaving from Boston so I just shot down to Fan Pier and jumped on. I knew you needed a lady to christen the bow, so I made a phone call and my friend Selma politely obliged. Here she is laying one into the titanium bow with a bottle of Mumm.

Shortly after the race had started, I started telling my crew-mates how the film "The Perfect Storm" was based out of Gloucester, MA. They all started laughing at me and saying that it was all Hollywood hype, there was never such a large wave. Just then, what do you think happens? Skipper gives us a shout to hang on and right around the same area as the film was some kickin' waves and suddenly...

As I can't really swim all that well, my fellow crew member, James Catacchio told me to grab something that floated well. He said he had something and was ready...

I woke up here...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

I couldn't figure out why I grabbed that stuff but then it finally hit me. Here is my D.I.D.

2 Watches

I chose this watch to grab onto because it should be something that every adventurer wear while on an extreme excursion - Breitling Emergency (for obvious reasons)

My second was my beloved Panerai Ferrari 008. My first and only Panerai that without, I would have never met such a great group of friends.

I don't know why I grabbed my iPod, it only had 2 songs on it. Then I remembered that those two songs have so much sentiment because of 2 special people in my life...

This song reminds me of my beautiful daughter, Olivia. I don't speak Spanish so I really don't know what he is saying but I don' think you have to. It just speaks to me. If you are a Dad of a lil' girl, watch this video. You will agree with me, I am sure. (damn thing has me all misty eyed just listening as I write this.)

This may seem like an odd song to have on my iPod but my 4yr. old son, Maxx is in love with it. He can sing every word and could listen to it over and over again. I love how innocent he sounds when he sings it. It really makes me proud to be his Dad.

I grabbed a book? Really?? Hmmm...Then it hit me. I could have brought something by my favorite author, Harlan Coben, but instead I took a book that was given to me by a good friend. It really is something that I will hold onto and pass onto my kids and tell them where I got it from. It's message is loud and clear..

My iPod Touch has 1 movie in it for a reason, I am too cheap to buy more on iTunes. But it is a good one. Kind of quirky but one of Robert Altman's greatest (IMHO)

I clutched a photo so tight that I thought I ruined it, it is really my favorite of the thousands I have of these two pip-squeaks. Maxx and his trucks and Livvy and her smile!

I do remember one distinct memory that will always stay with me no matter what happens to me - When my grandfather(my Nono)was sick in his hospital bed (the one he eventually passed on in) he asked me to do him a favor. He said, "Stevie, I always want to look my best, even when I don't feel my best. Could you do me the favor of shaving my beard for me?" I gladly did it, just as he taught me how to when I was a lil' kid sitting on his sink watching him. It was the last time he spoke with anyone as he wen't to sleep and never woke up. R.I.P Nono, I love you!!

I grabbed a bag with something in it and it was still hot. I opened it up and knew exactly why I had grabbed it. It was my wife's breaded chicken cutlets. She got the recipe from my mom but my wife makes them like no other. Just the right amount of fresh grated cheese in her home made breadcrumbs. Mmmm... I love 'em.

Finally, I woke up to find the most beautiful woman sitting next to me on this perfect beach. I knew Selma stayed behind and there were no women on board so this must have been a dream. I am glad it was because I could not let one day go by without having this woman by my side. She knows my ins and outs and all my little flaws that make me, well...me. She is my best friend - My wife Kim!

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

good to see a Ferrari make it to the D.I.D. and I must get around to reading Meditations one day too...

Serva Tempa

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 1:02 am #5

>
>
>
>
>

I woke up here...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

Nice one. Beautiful kids and wife. nt

RustyCash
Paneristi
RustyCash
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 2:03 am #6

>
>
>
>
>

I woke up here...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

nt

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:16 am #7

good to see a Ferrari make it to the D.I.D. and I must get around to reading Meditations one day too...

Serva Tempa
nt

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

tia702
Paneristi
tia702
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:18 am #8

>
>
>
>
>

I woke up here...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

how romantic......I love your post eventhough it's useless and irrelevant (nt)

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:19 am #9

NT

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:19 am #10

nt

nt

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

mike2zero
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:30 am #11

please?

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

"In Simplicity lies true greatness" -Francesco De Sanctis

tia702
Paneristi
tia702
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:33 am #12

you go away.....you dont own this place lmaoooo

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:34 am #13

The D.I.D. (Desert Island Dream) posts are a meant to be a little look into a Paneristi's life and what (s)he holds dear. If you were in the position that you were deserted on an island and had just the 10 items listed in the post to bring with you, what would they be.

To keep it special for the poster and the readers, each week the poster, chooses the following one. All you have to do to be selected is comment on the post (as you have done so eloquently!!) It sometimes cris-crosses across the globe and makes for some real great reading.

Some guys get real creative and some just post their choices but to be chosen by someone in the community is the real gift.

I hope you get the opportunity to post one up someday. They really are fun to put together and weed through all of your personal pics and stuff.

Hope that clears up my "useless and irrelevant" post for you.

Have a great week.

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

mike2zero
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:37 am #14

?

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

tia702
Paneristi
tia702
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:40 am #15

The D.I.D. (Desert Island Dream) posts are a meant to be a little look into a Paneristi's life and what (s)he holds dear. If you were in the position that you were deserted on an island and had just the 10 items listed in the post to bring with you, what would they be.

To keep it special for the poster and the readers, each week the poster, chooses the following one. All you have to do to be selected is comment on the post (as you have done so eloquently!!) It sometimes cris-crosses across the globe and makes for some real great reading.

Some guys get real creative and some just post their choices but to be chosen by someone in the community is the real gift.

I hope you get the opportunity to post one up someday. They really are fun to put together and weed through all of your personal pics and stuff.

Hope that clears up my "useless and irrelevant" post for you.

Have a great week.

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

wifes pic on internet? that is weird......

Ericx2
Paneristi
Ericx2
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:42 am #16

>
>
>
>
>

I woke up here...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

...thanks Steve!!!

mike2zero
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:42 am #17

pitiful..

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

mike2zero
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:47 am #18

>
>
>
>
>

I woke up here...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

tia702
Paneristi
tia702
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:48 am #19

pitiful..

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

go ahead! lmaoooooo

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 13th, 2009, 3:55 am #20

>>> for the most part, we are everyday guys that get up to work in the AM, We get together with one another and our families and talk about everyday stuff. Regardless of where one another lives in this world we are connected by a single historic timepiece and the stories each of us hold regarding them. Some have pretty good ones and others are pretty quiet but we all have the same passion...Panerai watches.

Some of the things we talk about when we GTG we post, and some we keep to ourselves but as a Community we share the most important things in our lives. If that happens to include us posting pics of our families, so be it.

Just try and keep an open mind and you may eventually get the whole concept of...Community!

-Steve
Follow me on Twitter!