my D.I.D.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

my D.I.D.

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 3:10 pm #1

Ship sinking: washed ashore, 10 items;

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Rules: Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script. Do not post it. I will randomly pick someone.

OK, FF on the shipwreck part. I am sure there are people who can scan the web better for pics of exotic islands and power boats. But, here is something small instead,,,

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?f ... /video.flv">

2 watches,,,,,,

That is so hard, too many sentiments will apply, should I choose the ones I admire for horology (small clue, no Panerai in there,,,lol) or the ones associated with friendship or special events (yikes, there is one Panerai in there but mostly others)...NO, I will go with passion, and both will be Panerai

First, my dearest and oldest daily beater, and my first Panerai,,,,,,,,140

Second, my grail, and practical too. Here is why (I use pure logic): if it¡¦s been working for over 50 years, and when I say working I mean dead accurate, why not another 50?

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

First is "Ashes and Dust" from an Israeli singer named Yehuda Poliker.

This song and album (from 1988) has a special meaning to me as I deeply relate to it. Here is the description from the web site:

Poliker's album "Ashes & Dust" is a trip back, not just to his childhood, but also to his parents past before he was born. Both Yehuda & Yaakov Gilad, who produced the album and wrote most of the lyrics, are both children of Holocaust survivors. Audiences all over the country are captivated and moved by the album's combination of the utterly Levantine, the tragedy of the Holocaust, the ephemeral nature of love.

Second is a piece that also bears the name of the album. My favorite jazz album of all and great for the mood on a deserted island

Trouble In Mind - Archie Shepp

One book

The only one you can read over and over again,,,,,The Bible, in the language it written in originally - Hebrew

One movie

Subway

Two of my favorites meet (Luc Besson and Isable Adjani)

one Photograph

Those who know me, know I have spent a decent amount of time away from my home,,,perhaps that is why I like it so much..the best vacation I can think of is actually in my backyard, right after a nice rain (somewhat of a rarity) the fresh smell, the oranges, the view.......nuff said

One Memory,

4 years ago, my last day of active military service after 22 years. The military service in our country is an inevitable way of life and it definitely has one of the most significant influences on one's life. I have made and lost many friends during these years, too many to mention, and the bonds of friendship and brotherhood with my brothers in arms and their families, cannot be described in words.

1 meal

A small GTG in Sydney some 6 years ago,,,,,,the local ristis (well, there were only 2, all the others came from Melbourne and Brisbane,,,,,) made me eat kangaroo and crocodile skewers,,, a great meal with matching company

1 person

Too easy - my partner for the last 28 years,,,,Hedda

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

JCatacchio
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 3:39 pm #2

And your back yard looks absolutely relaxing! Great pic =)

Thanks for sharing =)))
-James

---------

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't. -Warren Buffett

dlee888
Paneristi
dlee888
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 3:50 pm #3

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Rules: Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script. Do not post it. I will randomly pick someone.

OK, FF on the shipwreck part. I am sure there are people who can scan the web better for pics of exotic islands and power boats. But, here is something small instead,,,

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?f ... /video.flv">

2 watches,,,,,,

That is so hard, too many sentiments will apply, should I choose the ones I admire for horology (small clue, no Panerai in there,,,lol) or the ones associated with friendship or special events (yikes, there is one Panerai in there but mostly others)...NO, I will go with passion, and both will be Panerai

Second, my grail, and practical too. Here is why (I use pure logic): if it¡¦s been working for over 50 years, and when I say working I mean dead accurate, why not another 50?

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

This song and album (from 1988) has a special meaning to me as I deeply relate to it. Here is the description from the web site:

Poliker's album "Ashes & Dust" is a trip back, not just to his childhood, but also to his parents past before he was born. Both Yehuda & Yaakov Gilad, who produced the album and wrote most of the lyrics, are both children of Holocaust survivors. Audiences all over the country are captivated and moved by the album's combination of the utterly Levantine, the tragedy of the Holocaust, the ephemeral nature of love.

Second is a piece that also bears the name of the album. My favorite jazz album of all and great for the mood on a deserted island

One book

The only one you can read over and over again,,,,,The Bible, in the language it written in originally - Hebrew

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

Those who know me, know I have spent a decent amount of time away from my home,,,perhaps that is why I like it so much..the best vacation I can think of is actually in my backyard, right after a nice rain (somewhat of a rarity) the fresh smell, the oranges, the view.......nuff said

One Memory,

4 years ago, my last day of active military service after 22 years. The military service in our country is an inevitable way of life and it definitely has one of the most significant influences on one's life. I have made and lost many friends during these years, too many to mention, and the bonds of friendship and brotherhood with my brothers in arms and their families, cannot be described in words.

1 meal

A small GTG in Sydney some 6 years ago,,,,,,the local ristis (well, there were only 2, all the others came from Melbourne and Brisbane,,,,,) made me eat kangaroo and crocodile skewers,,, a great meal with matching company

1 person

~Asi~
Thansk for taking us on the ride!

You do have a thing for Oranges don't ya'?

Panerai...
"It's like children. You can't understand until you've had one."

CAL-I-FOR-NI-A

eddieng
Paneristi
eddieng
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 3:50 pm #4

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Happy 1st

SLYtech Risti

Marc_Cap
Paneristi
Marc_Cap
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 3:52 pm #5

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Can't beat the oranges

*Notice....no strapmakers were harmed in the taking of these pictures nor were any shilled
Upstate New York

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 4:07 pm #6

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Simple, yet passionate! And since I'm inclined to Jazz, I will pick that album up. Nice furry feline you've got, heh. Best to you Asi!

Cheers,

Gatsby
"old is gold"

adman7
Paneristi
adman7
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 4:10 pm #7

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
nt

Toorman
Paneristi
Toorman
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 4:15 pm #8

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
thanks for sharing

Mehall
Paneristi
Mehall
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 4:30 pm #9

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Very nice post. Thank you so much for sharing!

Michael M.

gfriedell
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 4:48 pm #10

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Thanks for sharing

Yoelfuld
Paneristi
Yoelfuld
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 4:50 pm #11

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
very illustrative.

Cheekyguille
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 5:21 pm #12

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Good stories, filled with meaning.

Cheers

Guille

hongT
Paneristi
hongT
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 5:25 pm #13

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
This is a wonderful D.I.D. :0)))

Cheers,
HongT

farhadsamari
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 5:57 pm #14

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
spoken from the heart and very sincere. hope we meet some day soon.
cheers and be well.

a little passion goes a long way

rideamountain
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 6:10 pm #15

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Love your D.I.D. mate!

RIDE

There is no doubt that getting older is mandatory, but to mature remains still optional...

sergeikep
Paneristi
sergeikep
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 6:37 pm #16

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
SERGEI&KATYA
PAM88&PAM113
Israel

xaggie95
Paneristi
xaggie95
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 6:40 pm #17

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Enjoyed the post M8!

Austin, TX

orologisti
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 6:51 pm #18

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~

Kanellos
Paneristi
Kanellos
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 6:54 pm #19

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
-

Best,
K

A true friend stabs you in the front.
-Oscar Wilde

wilmsenm
Paneristi
wilmsenm
Paneristi

April 1st, 2009, 7:55 pm #20

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movies ( I know ? )

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 watches,,,,,,

6152/1

2 songs,,,,

One book

One movie

Subway

one Photograph

One Memory,

1 meal

1 person

~Asi~
Martin

<table><tr><td>

</td></tr></table>