Live from Frankfurt...it's Desert Island Dream.... >>>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Live from Frankfurt...it's Desert Island Dream.... >>>

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 8:07 am #1

Ship sinking: washed ashore, 10 items;

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Well, I'm heading home from Frankfurt...my head hurting and lots of cobwebs up in my brain...all of a sudden, I get a call from this guy, asking me if I want to borrow his boat to take a leisurely cruise....

What the heck I figure...I could use a little R&R after spending the weekend with these people...

So, I head out for a cruise around the (wait...there's no ocean in Germany...)...oh well....I'm taking a cruise somewhere around the islands, when all of a sudden, my super-computer-navigation system shows me this headed my way...

Next thing I know, I facing a gigantic tidal wave...

ohhhhhhh shi******....

I wake up (with an even BIGGER headache this time) to see this...

Oh well, gotta make the best of it...so here goes...

My two watches? Well...given I'll be spending a lot of time in water, better go with this baby...can also be used to open coconuts and assorted shellfish.....La Bomba !!!

I also choose this one, not only because its one of my favorites, but helps me to remember all the great cities of the world I'm missing...

My two songs? This is a tough one.. my first is for fun, one of the greatest bands around, with some amazing guitar by Mr. Mark Knopfler...Dire Straits..the Sultans of Swing..

My second? I was going to go with something from U2, but instead chose this one from Sarah McLachlan..her voice can make me forget whatever stress I may be feeling...this is is 'Hold On', since I'm going to need it some inspiration being stuck on this island..

My book? Easy choice...for those of you who travel the world and need some REAL survival ideas...look no further than this one...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Robert Young Pelton's 'World's most Dangerous Places'. I gotta guess Bo has seen this one...

Movie? Again, another tough one...

Well, I think it's a favorite of DID, but really seems to fit the scenario...I must have seen this one 500 times and never get tired of it.. Truly inspirational

One photograph...well, would have to be this one of my wife and I after our wedding...she's a real sweetheart to put up with my world travels and even hangs out with my watch-geek friends and encourages me to follow my passion....

One meal...? Well, I'd normally go with sushi or sashimi but since I'll probably be getting a lot of fish over the coming months and years...I'd have to go with some real barbarian food like a nice bone-in ribeye...

and wash it down with some of this....

To close this out...my memory and person are one and the same...

My Dad's been having some medical problems he's been fighting through, so makes me often think back to all the great times we've shared together. A few years ago I gave him a new watch (a rolex to replace the one he had had stolen years earlier)...after the usual Christmas gifts of socks and golf equipment, I felt really good to be able to give him something he really wanted...you'd have to have been there but I think you can see the surprise and shock on his face...I love ya Dad!

That's all folks...thanks for sharing this one with me....it's been great putting it together.

A.Che
Paneristi
A.Che
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 8:22 am #2

nt

watchfan2005
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 8:25 am #3

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Well, I'm heading home from Frankfurt...my head hurting and lots of cobwebs up in my brain...all of a sudden, I get a call from this guy, asking me if I want to borrow his boat to take a leisurely cruise....

What the heck I figure...I could use a little R&R after spending the weekend with these people...

So, I head out for a cruise around the (wait...there's no ocean in Germany...)...oh well....I'm taking a cruise somewhere around the islands, when all of a sudden, my super-computer-navigation system shows me this headed my way...

ohhhhhhh shi******....

My two watches? Well...given I'll be spending a lot of time in water, better go with this baby...can also be used to open coconuts and assorted shellfish.....La Bomba !!!

I also choose this one, not only because its one of my favorites, but helps me to remember all the great cities of the world I'm missing...

My two songs? This is a tough one.. my first is for fun, one of the greatest bands around, with some amazing guitar by Mr. Mark Knopfler...Dire Straits..the Sultans of Swing..

My second? I was going to go with something from U2, but instead chose this one from Sarah McLachlan..her voice can make me forget whatever stress I may be feeling...this is is 'Hold On', since I'm going to need it some inspiration being stuck on this island..

My book? Easy choice...for those of you who travel the world and need some REAL survival ideas...look no further than this one...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Robert Young Pelton's 'World's most Dangerous Places'. I gotta guess Bo has seen this one...

Well, I think it's a favorite of DID, but really seems to fit the scenario...I must have seen this one 500 times and never get tired of it.. Truly inspirational

One photograph...well, would have to be this one of my wife and I after our wedding...she's a real sweetheart to put up with my world travels and even hangs out with my watch-geek friends and encourages me to follow my passion....

One meal...? Well, I'd normally go with sushi or sashimi but since I'll probably be getting a lot of fish over the coming months and years...I'd have to go with some real barbarian food like a nice bone-in ribeye...

My Dad's been having some medical problems he's been fighting through, so makes me often think back to all the great times we've shared together. A few years ago I gave him a new watch (a rolex to replace the one he had had stolen years earlier)...after the usual Christmas gifts of socks and golf equipment, I felt really good to be able to give him something he really wanted...you'd have to have been there but I think you can see the surprise and shock on his face...I love ya Dad!

That's all folks...thanks for sharing this one with me....it's been great putting it together.
Very enjoyable "dream" my friend!

It was great seeing you again this weekend. Have a good and safe trip home. Hope to see you soon!

Cheers,

Christian

P.S. And we "do" have an ocean in Germany

SergioNazzaro
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 8:51 am #4

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

and congratulations!

Sergio
Rome (Italy) adopted by

TimBlackmon
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 8:52 am #5

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

Great post....love the Sultan's of Swing but the picture of your Dad is absolutely priceless,

Thanks for posting,
Tim

tevj
Paneristi
tevj
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 8:54 am #6

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

nt

farhadsamari
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 9:11 am #7

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

it's so cool that you could make your dad happy. a great gesture on your part
those little memories is what our life is comprised of

It's beer o'clock

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 10:13 am #8

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

nt

Montreal, Canada

actiondan
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 10:18 am #9

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

n/t

“Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.” Groucho Marx

gazman70k
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 12:03 pm #10

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

Gaz

Cheers
Gaz

========================================

The grass is greener on the otherside because its growing on a big pile of $h!t.

Some say the glass is half empty.
Others say the glass is half full.
I say the glass isn't bloody big enough!
========================================

otisDU
Paneristi
otisDU
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 12:10 pm #11

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

....straight from the heart, with some top choices. Excellent stuff!

TerryNJ
Paneristi
TerryNJ
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 12:13 pm #12

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

DID does make you reflect in what is important + influences you,
Thanks for sharing !

porsche-964
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 12:53 pm #13

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

Jeremy (aka Mr. Socko)
Northeast Florida
Hang Tough Hammer!!!

madactuary
Paneristi
madactuary
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 1:05 pm #14

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

catch you in HK the next time I am passing through again.

timlua
Paneristi
timlua
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 1:54 pm #15

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

Hope he gets better.

cheers!

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 1:59 pm #16

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

nt

Steve
Nor'Risti in Training

Panerai and Paneristi.com...way more than just a watch!!

Kanellos
Paneristi
Kanellos
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 5:31 pm #17

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

Vodka Red bulls wasnt too painful on the flight back home. Ill let you know about my visit to HK next spring. Say hi to the HK gang for me.

Best,
K

A true friend stabs you in the front.
-Oscar Wilde

Paul-Belgium
Paneristi

October 27th, 2008, 7:09 pm #18

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

Great to see you again in FF
BTW Perfect wines my friend DRC " La tache" he he

Greetings
Polleke

dmasanda
Paneristi
dmasanda
Paneristi

October 28th, 2008, 5:13 am #19

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

Great stuff E, thanks for sharing.

"I'm just sayin"

FFrankF
Paneristi
FFrankF
Paneristi

October 30th, 2008, 12:00 am #20

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

ohhhhhhh shi******....

and it was great to catch up during Pday.

Hope to see you in Honkers before the next pday.

Cheers

Frank