I finally DID it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

I finally DID it!

shella10
Paneristi
shella10
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 8:59 am #1

After a long day at work, I go home, got myself a drink and plopped myself on the couch. I grabbed my phone and started to check emails when one from a sender I don't remember caught my eye. I opened it up and this greeted me:

I thought, What spam website did I put my info in again this time? I almost deleted it but decided to call the number listed. Talked to the guy who picked up and he told me to be at Pier 360 first thing in the morning. I said, "Is this for real? He said, "Youll find out tomorrow."

I show up bright and early the next day and almost couldnt believe my eyes when I saw the ship that will take me on a full on, all-expense paid trip around the world!

Quickly got on board and settled into my new digs. After a few hours of being at sea, the captain announced that we were at our first stop and since the weather was beautiful, I should partake of the water activities they had available. Decided to try my hand at paddleboardng.

I set my sights on one of the islands in the distance and started my adventure.

Almost there!

I thought the island was deserted but found that it was inhabited by strange people laid out on the beach. I think this is their sun-worship position.

Beside him sat a basket and something glistening caught my eye. I reached in a grabbed it as the man awoke. I hightailed my way outta there but not before I turned back and proudly displayed my catch.

Got back on my board and paddled back to the ship. I didnt realize I went out so far.

All of a sudden, a giant wave came out of nowhere. I said to myself, "Thats what you get! Karmas a b*tch aint it?"

I tried to ride the wave as much as I can but before long, I tumbled into the water. After tossing around for what seemed like an eternity, I found myself in a deserted beach with the finest white sand between my toes.

2 watches

BBQ360. I hardly go anywhere now without this watch. It represents this great community and I hold it very close to my heart.

Since the Bronzo caused all this trouble, I might as well sit and admire its beauty.

2 songs

For me, there is no song in this world that elicits more emotions than Man In The Mirror. Make that change. Doesnt have to be big, but a little goes a long way. Love him or hate him, Michael Jackson is the greatest. EVER.
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="360"></embed></object>

Flo Rida - Good Feeling
All I need to do is turn this song up, close my eyes, and Im transported back to PDay DU. Unforgettable .
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

1 book
Gullivers Travels. This book made my imagination run wild as a kid. Loved it then, still love it now.

1 movie
Forrest Gump. I've seen this movie countless times but when I catch it on TV, I still sit and watch until the end. Even though I have it on DVD and Bluray.

1 photograph
Since some of us live here in the US and some are still based in Manila, it's not often that we have the entire family all together. This picture of us taken last year in San Francisco when my sister and parents came to visit. I love my family very much.

1 memory
PDay DU and the rest of my trip around Australia. Can't say enough about it, truly one of the best times in my life.

1 meal

One meal? Man, if were connected on FB you would know that this girl can EAT! How can I pick only one meal?

Ok, maybe for starters, Philly Cheese steak from The Bazaar, burrata and toast, some dim sum and sushi.

First course: Pecking duck crepe from AIX, Umami burger and Halal from 53rd and 6th in NYC.

Gotta have some Filipino food too! Red hotdogs, Taho (warm, soft tofu with sugar syrup and boba), crispy fried pork washed down with local beer.

But being the steak lover that I am, if I can only have one last meal, a bone-in filet, side of potatoes, mac n cheese, and some good cabernet sauvignon would have to be it. Then dessert plus a shot of espresso to cap everything off. PERFECTION. Any of the two steaks will do.

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

My mom sometimes had to be both mother and father when he was out for months on assignment. She kept us in line, raised us to become who we are now, all while still managing to have a very successful career makes her a superwoman in my book. Moms are the best! Shes a bit of a comedian too! Now you guys know where I got that gene from.

Thanks for reading my DID! I hope you guys and gals enjoyed it! If you'd like to be chosen for the next one, reply below and I'll choose one within the next few days.

Shella

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 9:35 am #2

Your mother had to work!

zameenzahari
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 9:39 am #3

After a long day at work, I go home, got myself a drink and plopped myself on the couch. I grabbed my phone and started to check emails when one from a sender I don't remember caught my eye. I opened it up and this greeted me:

I thought, What spam website did I put my info in again this time? I almost deleted it but decided to call the number listed. Talked to the guy who picked up and he told me to be at Pier 360 first thing in the morning. I said, "Is this for real? He said, "Youll find out tomorrow."

I show up bright and early the next day and almost couldnt believe my eyes when I saw the ship that will take me on a full on, all-expense paid trip around the world!

Quickly got on board and settled into my new digs. After a few hours of being at sea, the captain announced that we were at our first stop and since the weather was beautiful, I should partake of the water activities they had available. Decided to try my hand at paddleboardng.

Almost there!

I thought the island was deserted but found that it was inhabited by strange people laid out on the beach. I think this is their sun-worship position.

Beside him sat a basket and something glistening caught my eye. I reached in a grabbed it as the man awoke. I hightailed my way outta there but not before I turned back and proudly displayed my catch.

Got back on my board and paddled back to the ship. I didnt realize I went out so far.

All of a sudden, a giant wave came out of nowhere. I said to myself, "Thats what you get! Karmas a b*tch aint it?"

I tried to ride the wave as much as I can but before long, I tumbled into the water. After tossing around for what seemed like an eternity, I found myself in a deserted beach with the finest white sand between my toes.

2 watches

BBQ360. I hardly go anywhere now without this watch. It represents this great community and I hold it very close to my heart.

Since the Bronzo caused all this trouble, I might as well sit and admire its beauty.

2 songs

For me, there is no song in this world that elicits more emotions than Man In The Mirror. Make that change. Doesnt have to be big, but a little goes a long way. Love him or hate him, Michael Jackson is the greatest. EVER.
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="360"></embed></object>

Flo Rida - Good Feeling
All I need to do is turn this song up, close my eyes, and Im transported back to PDay DU. Unforgettable .
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

1 book
Gullivers Travels. This book made my imagination run wild as a kid. Loved it then, still love it now.

1 movie
Forrest Gump. I've seen this movie countless times but when I catch it on TV, I still sit and watch until the end. Even though I have it on DVD and Bluray.

1 photograph
Since some of us live here in the US and some are still based in Manila, it's not often that we have the entire family all together. This picture of us taken last year in San Francisco when my sister and parents came to visit. I love my family very much.

1 memory
PDay DU and the rest of my trip around Australia. Can't say enough about it, truly one of the best times in my life.

1 meal

One meal? Man, if were connected on FB you would know that this girl can EAT! How can I pick only one meal?

Ok, maybe for starters, Philly Cheese steak from The Bazaar, burrata and toast, some dim sum and sushi.

First course: Pecking duck crepe from AIX, Umami burger and Halal from 53rd and 6th in NYC.

Gotta have some Filipino food too! Red hotdogs, Taho (warm, soft tofu with sugar syrup and boba), crispy fried pork washed down with local beer.

But being the steak lover that I am, if I can only have one last meal, a bone-in filet, side of potatoes, mac n cheese, and some good cabernet sauvignon would have to be it. Then dessert plus a shot of espresso to cap everything off. PERFECTION. Any of the two steaks will do.

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

My mom sometimes had to be both mother and father when he was out for months on assignment. She kept us in line, raised us to become who we are now, all while still managing to have a very successful career makes her a superwoman in my book. Moms are the best! Shes a bit of a comedian too! Now you guys know where I got that gene from.

Thanks for reading my DID! I hope you guys and gals enjoyed it! If you'd like to be chosen for the next one, reply below and I'll choose one within the next few days.

Shella

Very much!! Thanks for the DID!!!

NachoM
Paneristi
NachoM
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 9:48 am #4

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

Best food section EVER! LOL!
GRACIAS!!!

You are a true risti!!!

Horologyx
Paneristi
Horologyx
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 9:58 am #5

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

Thank you for sharing your story here. Took my mind away from from my mundane taskings and allowed my imagination to take over. Great pieces of PAM you have. Cheers!

Chinanico
Paneristi
Chinanico
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 9:59 am #6

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

ewit
Paneristi
ewit
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 10:46 am #7

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

... You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it.

Love all the P-Day references too.

HammerHammer
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 11:53 am #8

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

So much MORE than just a Watch

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP

Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer

AndySIII
Paneristi
AndySIII
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 12:36 pm #9

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

I especially like the pics of the Pinoy dishes, sarap!

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine - Elvis Presley

H2Finally
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 12:40 pm #10

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

My mom's very special to me too ))

TRISTAN29
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 12:55 pm #11

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

What a excellent and funny post, Thanks Shella,

snoballz
Paneristi
snoballz
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 1:14 pm #12

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

after seeing what you put down this weekend.

That was a very thoughtful DID and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nice to see you on Saturday and best of luck!

-luke

tchoo
Paneristi
tchoo
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 1:48 pm #13

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

... thanks!

But that "last meal" could have fed an entire village

Cheers!

TC

Gu5h
Paneristi
Gu5h
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 2:03 pm #14

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

not five!! Where you hiding them calories girl : )))

Love the post, wonderful.

GUSH

pp5120
Paneristi
pp5120
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 2:18 pm #15

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

Fun read!
Love how you stole the bronzo!

Paul-Belgium
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 2:26 pm #16

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

Polleke

clifW
Paneristi
clifW
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 2:28 pm #17

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

Asimut
Paneristi
Asimut
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 2:54 pm #18

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

<a href="http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/ ... d.jpg"></a>

Structo
Paneristi
Structo
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 4:13 pm #19

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

when you have a ship with huts!
nice!
greg in denver

RUpanerai
Paneristi

January 30th, 2012, 4:56 pm #20

Almost there!

2 watches

2 songs

Flo Rida - Good Feeling

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

Mastro's

Bobo's

1 person

Shella

Great seeing you this weekend as well!