Dreaming on my desert island..... My D.I.D.!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Dreaming on my desert island..... My D.I.D.!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 1:21 pm #1

Ok all... I'm truly honored to give you all my D.I.D... Some real "greats" and "old school" 'Risti's have gone before me... and I'm just a little old new guy here (half of you prob dont even know me!!!)... but hopefully you enjoy my little window into the life of James:

Ok so my fellow Boston buddy Steve shoots me a text... tells me to head to Boston Harbor for a cruise - What do I see when I come around the corner??!!!?!?!

My god!!!!!!!!!! Steve really hooked it up! Too bad I have an apparent undiagnosed case of dyslexia, and that ship is docked in port 21... my ship is in port 12:

Crap... thanks Steve! Oh well ok so all is good!!! I've heard another fellow Boston 'Risti is down in the Dominican scoping smokes for our next GTG for when Julian comes back to town!!!

When all of a sudden... a storm hits:

Ok so it's less of a storm and more like a mild drizzle but c'mon guys, I may wear a watch designed for the sea, but I don't know the first thing about boats/ocean etc... etc... etc...

It was a grim scene:

But luckily I ended up here:

Not soo bad!!! I could use a vacation... Now if only I could bring a few things...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

If the question is 2 watches that I don't own... the question would be a lot harder... however... I'm sticking to ones that I own... soooo MUCH easier!!!!!

This crazy thing that introduced me to this crazy place that allowed me to meet you crazy folk!!!!

The other would be my Nomos Ludwig Given to me by a very special person... and it reminds me of her every time I wear it =)

2 Songs:

My first song is "Riding with the King" by B.B. King and Eric Clapton... I first heard this song/album sitting in the back of a cigar bar in FL during the winter... 10pm... 80 degrees... ocean 20 feet away... 2 cool drinks... my lovely lady with me... and this album. No matter what's happening, when I play this album/song, I relax and am instantly put into a good mood =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyXPp1P8rBY

P.S. I'm not a big fan of the video... so go ahead and minimize the screen to just listen =)

The second song is "Moondance" by Van Morrison. Somehow... this song always comes on when it's just the two of us, and that makes me smile also =)

For whatever reason I can't find it online so you all will have to listen for it on the radio and think of me next time you hear it! Ha!!!!! You can go to YouTube and hear the Michael Buble version... but I'd rather not link that here (it's not as good)

1 Book:

Jack Kerouac On the Road. I haven't read this in a long time, but it shaped my outlook on life when I was in highschool, so I'd say it would be time to re-read it!!! Plus he's a Boston guy!

1 Movie:

I'd like to say one of those "thinking/intense movies" like Pulp Fiction or The Usual Suspects etc etc...

But I'd have to go with one that can make me laugh no matter what:

1 Photograph

My folks are both retired down in FL... complaining of the cold when it drops below 70, and early 8:30am tee times... poor folks!!! My father is getting up in age (but still plays bogey golf damn him!!!), and we try to go down once a year for his birthday to spend time with them... This picture was taken on his 80th birthday... what can I say, it was just the perfect time =)

1 Meal -

Give me a medium rare bacon cheeseburger

And LOTS of cold Bass:

And I'm one happy camper =))))))

1 Memory

May be a strange memory... but 5 years ago, when Lauren and I started dating... one of the first things we did together was drive down to FL... just the two of us... 26 hours in the car down... 26 hours back... We didn't stop talking once... anyone that I can spend that much time with in a small little car and not get sick of... Well... pretty much leads me to the final question:

1 Person

If you havent figured out who it would be...

I had this discussion with her last night, and told her I should prob. pick this guy:

Because I would have two options depending on who I was on ths island with...

1. Be stuck on that island forever with her (doesnt sound too bad)...
2. Be stuck on that island with Bear for about 12 hours and still make it home for dinner...

But if it had to be one person... how could it not be her? My woderful woman of 5 years, who... no matter what... brings me joy =)

Thanks all for looking and sharing this with me guys!!! And thanks for Paddy for first setting this cool idea up a year ago now!

Best,
-James

---------

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't. -Warren Buffett

mkpierro
Paneristi
mkpierro
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 1:47 pm #2

I am not sure you picked the right person to be stuck with. 12 hours or a life time, you should have picked her. lol

Micahel

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 1:50 pm #3

---------

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't. -Warren Buffett

ChrisAg
Paneristi
ChrisAg
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 1:54 pm #4

Ok all... I'm truly honored to give you all my D.I.D... Some real "greats" and "old school" 'Risti's have gone before me... and I'm just a little old new guy here (half of you prob dont even know me!!!)... but hopefully you enjoy my little window into the life of James:

Ok so my fellow Boston buddy Steve shoots me a text... tells me to head to Boston Harbor for a cruise - What do I see when I come around the corner??!!!?!?!

My god!!!!!!!!!! Steve really hooked it up! Too bad I have an apparent undiagnosed case of dyslexia, and that ship is docked in port 21... my ship is in port 12:

Crap... thanks Steve! Oh well ok so all is good!!! I've heard another fellow Boston 'Risti is down in the Dominican scoping smokes for our next GTG for when Julian comes back to town!!!

Ok so it's less of a storm and more like a mild drizzle but c'mon guys, I may wear a watch designed for the sea, but I don't know the first thing about boats/ocean etc... etc... etc...

It was a grim scene:

Not soo bad!!! I could use a vacation... Now if only I could bring a few things...

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

If the question is 2 watches that I don't own... the question would be a lot harder... however... I'm sticking to ones that I own... soooo MUCH easier!!!!!

This crazy thing that introduced me to this crazy place that allowed me to meet you crazy folk!!!!

The other would be my Nomos Ludwig Given to me by a very special person... and it reminds me of her every time I wear it =)

2 Songs:

My first song is "Riding with the King" by B.B. King and Eric Clapton... I first heard this song/album sitting in the back of a cigar bar in FL during the winter... 10pm... 80 degrees... ocean 20 feet away... 2 cool drinks... my lovely lady with me... and this album. No matter what's happening, when I play this album/song, I relax and am instantly put into a good mood =)

P.S. I'm not a big fan of the video... so go ahead and minimize the screen to just listen =)

The second song is "Moondance" by Van Morrison. Somehow... this song always comes on when it's just the two of us, and that makes me smile also =)

For whatever reason I can't find it online so you all will have to listen for it on the radio and think of me next time you hear it! Ha!!!!! You can go to YouTube and hear the Michael Buble version... but I'd rather not link that here (it's not as good)

1 Book:

Jack Kerouac On the Road. I haven't read this in a long time, but it shaped my outlook on life when I was in highschool, so I'd say it would be time to re-read it!!! Plus he's a Boston guy!

1 Movie:

I'd like to say one of those "thinking/intense movies" like Pulp Fiction or The Usual Suspects etc etc...

1 Photograph

My folks are both retired down in FL... complaining of the cold when it drops below 70, and early 8:30am tee times... poor folks!!! My father is getting up in age (but still plays bogey golf damn him!!!), and we try to go down once a year for his birthday to spend time with them... This picture was taken on his 80th birthday... what can I say, it was just the perfect time =)

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

May be a strange memory... but 5 years ago, when Lauren and I started dating... one of the first things we did together was drive down to FL... just the two of us... 26 hours in the car down... 26 hours back... We didn't stop talking once... anyone that I can spend that much time with in a small little car and not get sick of... Well... pretty much leads me to the final question:

1 Person

I had this discussion with her last night, and told her I should prob. pick this guy:

2. Be stuck on that island with Bear for about 12 hours and still make it home for dinner...

But if it had to be one person... how could it not be her? My woderful woman of 5 years, who... no matter what... brings me joy =)

Thanks all for looking and sharing this with me guys!!! And thanks for Paddy for first setting this cool idea up a year ago now!

Best,
-James

---------

Very well done.

Take Care,

Chris

Chris NYC

GULFSTREAMFIVE
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 2:16 pm #5

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

Well Done!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

bknieriem
Paneristi
bknieriem
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 2:26 pm #6

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

nt

- Nashville Brad

crockettl
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 2:35 pm #7

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

Cheers!

Chad L
Portland,OR

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 2:46 pm #8

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

that doesn't stock 'Bass' when you are around
Mrs James? Stunning, top choice Congrats all round DID.

I miss the beers at the CMasters ;-(

Best
Jp

maxxbet
Paneristi
maxxbet
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 2:46 pm #9

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

>>>let's try to set up dinner and watch talk soon.

-Steve
http://timetotock.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/stevengrande

Panerai and Paneristi.com...way more than just a watch!!

Kingsholm14
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:10 pm #10

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

Excellent James. Beautiful wife and Bass. I like you !!! Nice parents too. nt

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:10 pm #11

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

Best to you and the missus!!

Cheers,

Gatsby
"old is gold"

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:26 pm #12

Very well done.

Take Care,

Chris

Chris NYC

---------

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:27 pm #13

Well Done!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
---------

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:27 pm #14

nt

- Nashville Brad

If you ever made it down to Mexico, I hope you had a great trip!!! =)

-James

---------

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:29 pm #15

Cheers!

Chad L
Portland,OR

---------

peezie
Paneristi
peezie
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:31 pm #16

It was a grim scene:

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph

1 Meal -

And LOTS of cold Bass:

1 Memory

1 Person

Best,
-James

---------

It always hovers on the border of bad taste to say things like this, but your wife is... Amazing.

Great thread.

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:31 pm #17

that doesn't stock 'Bass' when you are around
Mrs James? Stunning, top choice Congrats all round DID.

I miss the beers at the CMasters ;-(

Best
Jp

I pray I never end up in a whole town with no Bass!!!

Actually my vacation to Mexico was all inclusive... and only Corona... no bueno!! LOL

I hope you are well... miss you at CM also!!!

-James

---------

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:33 pm #18

>>>let's try to set up dinner and watch talk soon.

-Steve
http://timetotock.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/stevengrande

Panerai and Paneristi.com...way more than just a watch!!
---------

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:34 pm #19

---------

JCatacchio
Paneristi

January 21st, 2009, 3:35 pm #20

Best to you and the missus!!

Cheers,

Gatsby
"old is gold"
---------