Desert Island...My Turn

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Desert Island...My Turn

salzberg
Paneristi
salzberg
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 12:23 am #1

It's your turn Bro!

Desert Island Dream for you to post on Monday or Thursday

Ship sinking : washed ashore 10 items

2 watches

The first watch would probably be my PAM 111, but with a rubber strap.

The second watch would need to be a perpetual calendar. Perp Calendar, because I might need to know the day and year. That way, it will be easier to pass the time. For that, I would go for a UN 320-60/62. The numbers are big enough that I can read them. And, since there are no real diver Perp Calendars....30 m will be good enough.
http://www.ulysse-nardin.com/watch.jsp? ... 001_100001

Knowing the time of year could be critical to survival....and I base that on watching Castaway.

2 songs
First is Margaritaville ...it is my favorite song. I am a parrot head...what can I say?

Second song....that is a little tough.....I am thinking American Pie, yeah what the heck...Don McLean's American Pie.

1 book
There is only one book for such an endeavor...Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

1 movie
Castaway....could give me survival clues....and it is a good movie. Still, I wonder if the 'wing woman' and he hit is off?

1 photograph
That would be my daughter at her birth....

Note that the watch is a crappy watch....it was before I found the beauty of time....

1 memory
The memory would be the night fell in love with my wife....Sunday May 4, 1997. It was our third date...we met at a restaurant on MD's eastern shore. After eating dinner, we sat down on the doc and watched the sun set over the Chesapeake Bay....then the stars came out. Bonnie looked up and saw this fuzzy patch in the sky....that was comet Hale-Bopp as it receded in its orbit, rapidly fading from view. We kissed cool night air....then, I walked her to her car, and we kissed again....before parting company. The memory is PG...maybe PG-13.

Here is Hale-Bopp, kind of what it looked like, but not taken by me....
img src="">

1 meal
I would go for a real thick stake. 20 oz filet....
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person
My wife, the one on the left.

Thank you for reading if you got this far....

Rules for responders : just post your name underneath . Prepare your script do not post it i will pick someone to post next week
Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA

bueschc
Paneristi
bueschc
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 12:32 am #2

Thanks for sharing.

conorb

ChrisAg
Paneristi
ChrisAg
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 12:51 am #3

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

The second watch would need to be a perpetual calendar. Perp Calendar, because I might need to know the day and year. That way, it will be easier to pass the time. For that, I would go for a UN 320-60/62. The numbers are big enough that I can read them. And, since there are no real diver Perp Calendars....30 m will be good enough.

Knowing the time of year could be critical to survival....and I base that on watching Castaway.

2 songs
First is Margaritaville ...it is my favorite song. I am a parrot head...what can I say?

Second song....that is a little tough.....I am thinking American Pie, yeah what the heck...Don McLean's American Pie.

1 book

1 movie
Castaway....could give me survival clues....and it is a good movie. Still, I wonder if the 'wing woman' and he hit is off?

1 photograph

Note that the watch is a crappy watch....it was before I found the beauty of time....

1 memory
The memory would be the night fell in love with my wife....Sunday May 4, 1997. It was our third date...we met at a restaurant on MD's eastern shore. After eating dinner, we sat down on the doc and watched the sun set over the Chesapeake Bay....then the stars came out. Bonnie looked up and saw this fuzzy patch in the sky....that was comet Hale-Bopp as it receded in its orbit, rapidly fading from view. We kissed cool night air....then, I walked her to her car, and we kissed again....before parting company. The memory is PG...maybe PG-13.

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Rules for responders : just post your name underneath . Prepare your script do not post it i will pick someone to post next week
Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
Great post.

Chris NYC

sellnit
Paneristi
sellnit
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 1:02 am #4

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
nt

"Pending something meaningful to be said"

DiegoArana
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 1:03 am #5

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
thanks David

Cheers,
Diego
Studio City, CA
Refresh, refresh, refresh........

disaboy
Paneristi
disaboy
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 1:26 am #6

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA

AurelioS
Paneristi
AurelioS
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 1:34 am #7

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
nt

What would Bruce do?

I'll tell ya - he's getting his butt to Montreal, for the June 6-8th, 2008 F-1 Paneristi GTG!!

And, check out my blog... "Screaming In An Elevator!"

samen
Paneristi
samen
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 1:40 am #8

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
That is once in a lifetime comet you bet, cool story.

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 1:47 am #9

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
nt

Montreal, Canada

addoo
Paneristi
addoo
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 2:13 am #10

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
nt

mike2zero
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 2:17 am #11

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

"In Simplicity lies true greatness" -Francesco De Sanctis

shawnpcalhoun
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 2:29 am #12

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
The photo of you and your newborn daughter is priceless. Cheers!

Marc_Cap
Paneristi
Marc_Cap
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 2:33 am #13

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA

Upstate New York

bknieriem
Paneristi
bknieriem
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 3:49 am #14

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
nt

"Something Wicked This Way Comes..."

OPfanCC
Paneristi
OPfanCC
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 3:59 am #15

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
and, I found out that you're a fellow HGTTG fan!

expat-oz
Paneristi
expat-oz
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 4:34 am #16

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
especially the book...here's hoping your wife doesn't see "on the left"!!!

bo

boa22
Paneristi
boa22
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 5:50 am #17

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
nt

Ericx2
Paneristi
Ericx2
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 6:32 am #18

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary
11 Arif
12 Polleke
13 Davie Lee
14 Mike2zero

David S.
Vienna, VA
well-done!

SteveToronto
Paneristi

April 22nd, 2008, 2:13 pm #19

It's your turn Bro!

2 watches

2 songs

1 book

1 movie

1 photograph

1 memory

img src="">

1 meal
tiramisu for dessert.

1 person

Thanks for playing guys

Previous weeks

1 Paddy
2 MuRph
3 Covac
4 Ride
5 Lars
6 Issing San
7 Patrick Belgium
8 Mark Cap
9 Diego
10 Gary