Desert Island Dreamin' ;-))

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Desert Island Dreamin' ;-))

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 6:28 pm #1

And so it began. Salman rang me the other day saying I should take the week-end off on a yacht trip to relax and promised everything would be taken care of – only to know later I’d have to be shipwrecked LOL. What more than to live the high life like the man in Q8? And so I did

I donned on a wet suit and decided to take a dip with my yellow ‘submarine’ before hitting the yacht. And what coincidence! Bumped into Mr. and Mrs. Ewitt in their sQuba hehehe

I sped off eventually, allowing the two to have their own space lol

Shortly, I was greeted by my cap’n on board...

...and part of the crew arranged for me (this is for you Salman LOL) 8-)))

And off we go sailing!

As foretold, there came a - perfect - storm

With Panerai-diving instinct, the only logical way to escape was to dive away.
Dive, dive, dive Rahul! lol

yet I had time for a little sight seeing

YIKES!

And I bumped into Jess later )

Thankfully, not too long after, I was greeted by clear skies and blue waters

Ship sinking : washed ashore 10 items
2 watches
IWC BP 5002

I reckon I still need a diver's watch to be shipwrecked. My favourite brand, above all: Panerai

2 songs
You've Lost That Lovely Feeling by The Righteous Brothers
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph
This one, I’d never forget: rappelling off the bird

1 memory
This one memory is hard to put into words: the death of my grandfather.

My grandfather taught me many things in this lifetime, and throughout the years, the many memories I shared with him contained lifelong lessons that I hold close to my heart. The way he led his life is a reflection of my values as a person today. As I reminisce and look back at those golden memories I had with him, I pray that I’ll continue to make him proud and live life with contentment and fulfillment.

1 meal
Dinner at my grandparent’s place. I miss the place, the home-cooked food, the people and the atmosphere of that time. NOTHING can ever replace that.

1 person
This one person, that I will spend the rest of my life with.

I apologize for the late D.I.D post but thank you all for looking and I sure have enjoyed sharing this with all of you. HAGWE m8s!!

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

RustyCash
Paneristi
RustyCash
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 6:33 pm #2

nt

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 6:57 pm #3

nt

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 6:57 pm #4

And so it began. Salman rang me the other day saying I should take the week-end off on a yacht trip to relax and promised everything would be taken care of – only to know later I’d have to be shipwrecked LOL. What more than to live the high life like the man in Q8? And so I did

I donned on a wet suit and decided to take a dip with my yellow ‘submarine’ before hitting the yacht. And what coincidence! Bumped into Mr. and Mrs. Ewitt in their sQuba hehehe

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

I reckon I still need a diver's watch to be shipwrecked. My favourite brand, above all: Panerai

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

My grandfather taught me many things in this lifetime, and throughout the years, the many memories I shared with him contained lifelong lessons that I hold close to my heart. The way he led his life is a reflection of my values as a person today. As I reminisce and look back at those golden memories I had with him, I pray that I’ll continue to make him proud and live life with contentment and fulfillment.

1 meal
Dinner at my grandparent’s place. I miss the place, the home-cooked food, the people and the atmosphere of that time. NOTHING can ever replace that.

1 person

I apologize for the late D.I.D post but thank you all for looking and I sure have enjoyed sharing this with all of you. HAGWE m8s!!

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

nt

Montreal, Canada

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:00 pm #5

Glad you enjoyed it. For the love and fun of DIDs - cheers m8!

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

BoroSF
Paneristi
BoroSF
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:14 pm #6

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

ChrisAg
Paneristi
ChrisAg
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:20 pm #7

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

Very well done.

Chris NYC

Marc_Cap
Paneristi
Marc_Cap
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:21 pm #8

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

Great memory there...makes me think of the last conversation I had with my grandfather a very long time ago...I have a feeling though he is smiling now

Upstate New York

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:29 pm #9

nt

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:30 pm #10

Very well done.

Chris NYC

nt

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:31 pm #11

Great memory there...makes me think of the last conversation I had with my grandfather a very long time ago...I have a feeling though he is smiling now

Upstate New York
for our grandfathers. I believe, they were there to inspire. Thanks Marc, you made my day

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

rorrickj34
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:38 pm #12

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

Love the women, and that PAM 8 is just pure sex on the wrist

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:40 pm #13

Wouldn't be caught dead without my favourite watch Hagwe pal!

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

JohnSim
Paneristi
JohnSim
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 7:50 pm #14

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

lovely girl you have there.... not sure about the songs though, LOL
peace! enjoyed the read.

----------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - GT

GatsbyTheRat
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 8:00 pm #15

I know my taste in music is a little too diversified lol. Glad you enjoyed it John and congrats again on that ol' pam

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

TimBlackmon
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 8:15 pm #16

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

Nice work,,....gotta love a man who chooses a BP as his first choice.

Tim

ChuckA1
Paneristi
ChuckA1
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 8:22 pm #17

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

hell, everything. Great post.

Chuck A

Kanellos
Paneristi
Kanellos
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 8:25 pm #18

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

-

Best,
K

A true friend stabs you in the front.
-Oscar Wilde

meislergeisler
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 8:41 pm #19

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

Wonderful Mare - isit for sale?

Martin

serge08
Paneristi
serge08
Paneristi

July 31st, 2008, 8:52 pm #20

And off we go sailing!

YIKES!

2 watches
IWC BP 5002

2 songs

1 book
A charming read this one

1 movie
Dances With Wolves.

1 photograph

1 memory

1 meal

1 person

Cheers
Gatsby DU

"old is gold"

nt

``every great man starts with a great watch``