Desert Island Dream - My turn huh????????

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Desert Island Dream - My turn huh????????

addoo
Paneristi
addoo
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 1:09 pm #1

So Sidekick calls me up and says that he has designed a boat and that he wants to GIVE it me. After picking myself off the floor and realizing that Sidekick is giving away something other than panda gtg t-shirts, I make my way to where the boat is. Ugh.........well it's free:

So I am off and within an hour a few rain drops fall out of the sky and the quality of my free boat is starting to show:

Lesson learned: Buy the seller NOT the boat!!!

So I make my way to a deserted island and these are the things that made it with me:

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

R.E.M. - "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Clash - "Guns of Brixton"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 Book:

1 Movie:

"Papillon", the one movie that I will always cancel plans to watch if it is on TV.

1 Photograph:

I am not one to post pictures of my kids but this is my favorite:

1 Memory:

On the day that my son was born, my father and I left the hospital for a few minutes to pick up some food to bring back to the room for the people that had come to visit my newborn son. My father stopped for a minute looked at me and said, "I thought that the day you were born was the most special day in my life but I was wrong, seeing my son having a son has passed it". As I type this my eyes are watering up. I guess making your father happy is something that you can never stop wanting to do.

1 Meal:

Oh how I wish I had a camera with me but on my 30 birthday (almost 10 years ago), my wife surprised me by taking me to one of, if not the best restaurants in Chicago, Charlie Trotters. The night was made even more special that one of my closest friends, my cousin David flew in from San Francisco to join us. Five people and nearly 3500 dollars later (I really like wine), it was the perfect dinner!

A really close second........any time!!!!!!!!!

1 Person:

Who else??? My wife, Ileana:

Thank you for reading if you got this far....

Rules for responders : Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script, do not post it, I will pick someone to post next week.

Keep the peas, as keeping the peace seems to hard for some!

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 1:13 pm #2

nt

Montreal, Canada

papillonvic
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 1:15 pm #3

So Sidekick calls me up and says that he has designed a boat and that he wants to GIVE it me. After picking myself off the floor and realizing that Sidekick is giving away something other than panda gtg t-shirts, I make my way to where the boat is. Ugh.........well it's free:

So I am off and within an hour a few rain drops fall out of the sky and the quality of my free boat is starting to show:

So I make my way to a deserted island and these are the things that made it with me:

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

"Papillon", the one movie that I will always cancel plans to watch if it is on TV.

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

On the day that my son was born, my father and I left the hospital for a few minutes to pick up some food to bring back to the room for the people that had come to visit my newborn son. My father stopped for a minute looked at me and said, "I thought that the day you were born was the most special day in my life but I was wrong, seeing my son having a son has passed it". As I type this my eyes are watering up. I guess making your father happy is something that you can never stop wanting to do.

1 Meal:

Oh how I wish I had a camera with me but on my 30 birthday (almost 10 years ago), my wife surprised me by taking me to one of, if not the best restaurants in Chicago, Charlie Trotters. The night was made even more special that one of my closest friends, my cousin David flew in from San Francisco to join us. Five people and nearly 3500 dollars later (I really like wine), it was the perfect dinner!

1 Person:

Rules for responders : Just post your name underneath. Prepare your script, do not post it, I will pick someone to post next week.

Hi Addo ,

Excellent .... my e-mail is Papillonvic ,as I used to own a French Restaurant in Manhattan that was called "Papillon",and we named it after the book,and movie .

Still have some original Movie posters from `73 in my house.

All the best,
Vic

ChrisAg
Paneristi
ChrisAg
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 1:22 pm #4

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

nt

Chris NYC

JCatacchio
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 1:23 pm #5

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

and I got a kick out of the free boat!!! =)

-James

---------

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't. -Warren Buffett

demand-n-supply
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 1:28 pm #6

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

I need somebody wicked smart to get me off the island... Now I have to use david, but at least he can call somebody with his fancy satellite phone. I doubt he ever charged it, not sure why he has it.

instead of that meal you could of gotten a nice pre-v panerai. don't you feel guilty =) isnt it 20 years ago if you are almost 50 now? Doesn't take somebody with a Phd to figure that out.

<s>Chicago</s> - Long Island - Brooklyn

But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece.
http://www.neeraj.net/nranra.jpg http://www.neeraj.net/ca.jpg
In my universe I can't be wrong All those opposed just move along

TerryNJ
Paneristi
TerryNJ
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 1:34 pm #7

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

always a "side kick " reference. Is he the next candidate for the desert Island dream post?

addoo
Paneristi
addoo
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 2:02 pm #8

If he is next, he is sure to be banned from paneristi.com!

addoo
Paneristi
addoo
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 2:04 pm #9

I need somebody wicked smart to get me off the island... Now I have to use david, but at least he can call somebody with his fancy satellite phone. I doubt he ever charged it, not sure why he has it.

instead of that meal you could of gotten a nice pre-v panerai. don't you feel guilty =) isnt it 20 years ago if you are almost 50 now? Doesn't take somebody with a Phd to figure that out.

You??????? When does teaching uptight Long Island rich kids warrant a PhD?

JohnSim
Paneristi
JohnSim
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 2:20 pm #10

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

----------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - GT

demand-n-supply
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 2:30 pm #11

You??????? When does teaching uptight Long Island rich kids warrant a PhD?

I guess its been 10 years since you been at the garden city hotel... things have changed.

but this is what I have to deal with daily...

But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece.
http://www.neeraj.net/nranra.jpg http://www.neeraj.net/ca.jpg
In my universe I can't be wrong All those opposed just move along

SergioNazzaro
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 2:37 pm #12

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

very nice D.I.D.!!!

Sergio
Rome (Italy) adopted by

gregoire13
Paneristi
gregoire13
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 2:53 pm #13

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

love the Clash!!!! well done Addo

v/r

Grégoire

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 3:35 pm #14

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

tsunami2000
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 3:47 pm #15

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

Birthday Party, Cheesecake, Jelly Bean, Boom.

Nice, Addo. I concur, a Sidekick D.I.D would probably kill the concept.

curbry
Paneristi
curbry
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 4:16 pm #16

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

nt

Bryan
Jackson, New Jersey

CaliforniaJed
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 5:15 pm #17

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

"Texas Son meets California Sun"

addoo
Paneristi
addoo
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 7:26 pm #18

love the Clash!!!! well done Addo

v/r

Grégoire

Do like the strap on the Cali??? I still do!!!!

GULFSTREAMFIVE
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 8:09 pm #19

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

nt

J.CAT
Paneristi
J.CAT
Paneristi

October 1st, 2008, 8:35 pm #20

2 Watches:

2 Songs:

1 Book:

1 Movie:

1 Photograph:

1 Memory:

1 Meal:

1 Person:

The memory part was quite moving I must say.
And those are some cute kids!
Some years ago I got a son and the bond between him and my father is incredibly special.I have almost never seen him so harmonious
and happy as when they are toghether. I am very happy in a year from now he will no longer live 2000km from us.

Best regards
Jonas
oslo/Norway
[/IMG]