Desert Island Dream - bo style!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

Desert Island Dream - bo style!

expat-oz
Paneristi
expat-oz
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:23 pm #1

Bo's Bodacious Boats, LLC, is doing WELL! We've got a couple of hulls, and i don't have to captain the S. S. Minnow so much anymore.

as a matter of fact, i'll take a few days off, and take "Debacle" out for a bit of a single-handed sail...

and then disaster strikes!

this sucks...

here's hoping i drift ashore...

OH MY GOD!!! Paneristi Island! I hear that the Mods eat the young in that place!!!

this is MUCH BETTER!

after a bit of work on basic shelter:

immediately, i hang my favorite picture in the lounge area...

more work to be done, but not a bad start!

i find the remains of my raft strewn all over the beach. thank heavens that i can recover most of it, because this IS the D.I.D. post...

(but submit that two ain't enough!) ...here's hoping something else washes up...

YES! entertainment!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss. that one hits me closer to home that any of you ever want to be, trust me.

thank heavens i thought ahead and packed the entire discography - one can NEVER have too much of the Smiths!

whew. only two songs? that's MURDER!!!

speaking of, there were some other disks in the sand!

well, that's shelter, time, music down - what's next? oh yeah...movies. well, MOVIE, since it's a stupid island and i'm at the mercy of the tides!!!

that's me, far left.

again, but on the right this time!

so. a book? just ONE!!! the bounty of mother ocean brings me the collected works of this dude:

Rudyard himself, here to keep me sane in this trying time as he has in so many others.

wait a minute. what's that booming sound?

DUDE!!! YES!!! (runs off to carve a board, spends a week working rusty skills)

here's hoping that it all comes back and my palm-core board holds up!

i guess there's not MUCH left, cause these four washed up last night:

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

(black hair, and blue eyes? who CARES if they're contacts!!!)

they fought over me a bit, but Kate kicked their arses and she's the only one left - i haven't seen 'em in days. getting tired of pork, though - smells like pork AGAIN for dinner tonight...

i've REALLY got a hankerin' for caprese, carpaccio, bruschetta, risotta ai funghi, filetto di manzo w/ baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus, inslata cesare, tiramisu w/ chocolate gelato and about ten cappucini!!!

no such luck.

and as i sit back, listening to the surf on my new home, pondering life and my place in it, looking back, my childhood, getting in trouble, my first kiss, my first...well...you know...then the training, the injuries, the deployments to South America, Bosnia, Sarajevo, Iraq, Afghanistan, getting OUT of the military, meeting you idjits, my first trip DU and breaking a wheelchair, the Carlsbad GTG, Firenze in 2007, vacations, mates, friends, i come to realize that what DEFINES me as a person is my role as a father, and my daughter Maddie.

the day (well, morning) she was born. how tiny she was. how helpless i felt, how tired and yet how strong her mother was, how that baby girl screamed and screamed and quieted down after all was said and done, i touched her, and my entire life shifted ever so slightly to the right...and i never looked back, not since she opened her eyes, latched onto me, and how tightly she gripped that one finger.

she still holds just that finger when we walk together.

i love this place, have made more friends in the last two years that ever before, friends that i will have forever - but in the final analysis, it's not about the watches, material possessions, it's about moments like this:

when your tired little girl lays her head on your shoulder, and tells you she loves you. and you get a RIDE shot of the moment.

that's the memory in my head as i nod off to sleep. when i wake up, Kate's gone, the Coast Guard is hovering, sands blowing all over me, and all i've got to show for this entire experience is this:

DAMN MY LUCK!!! WHERE'S KATE!!!

cheers, mates

bo

Last edited by expat-oz on June 2nd, 2008, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cubanchem
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:33 pm #2

Be well

Peace,
[color=000099]<FONT SIZE="+1">Pedro*[/color]

Silver Spring, MD

*still a rookie

nadh3n
Paneristi
nadh3n
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:36 pm #3

Bo's Bodacious Boats, LLC, is doing WELL! We've got a couple of hulls, and i don't have to captain the S. S. Minnow so much anymore.

as a matter of fact, i'll take a few days off, and take "Debacle" out for a bit of a single-handed sail...

this sucks...

OH MY GOD!!! Paneristi Island! I hear that the Mods eat the young in that place!!!

this is MUCH BETTER!

i find the remains of my raft strewn all over the beach. thank heavens that i can recover most of it, because this IS the D.I.D. post...

(but submit that two ain't enough!) ...here's hoping something else washes up...

YES! entertainment!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=" name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss. that one hits me closer to home that any of you ever want to be, trust me.

thank heavens i thought ahead and packed the entire discography - one can NEVER have too much of the Smiths!

well, that's shelter, time, music down - what's next? oh yeah...movies. well, MOVIE, since it's a stupid island and i'm at the mercy of the tides!!!

that's me, far left.

so. a book? just ONE!!! the bounty of mother ocean brings me the collected works of this dude:

Rudyard himself, here to keep me sane in this trying time as he has in so many others.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

they fought over me a bit, but Kate kicked their arses and she's the only one left - i haven't seen 'em in days. getting tired of pork, though - smells like pork AGAIN for dinner tonight...

i've REALLY got a hankerin' for caprese, carpaccio, bruschetta, risotta ai funghi, filetto di manzo w/ baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus, inslata cesare, tiramisu w/ chocolate gelato and about ten cappucini!!!

no such luck.

and as i sit back, listening to the surf on my new home, pondering life and my place in it, looking back, my childhood, getting in trouble, my first kiss, my first...well...you know...then the training, the injuries, the deployments to South America, Bosnia, Sarajevo, Iraq, Afghanistan, getting OUT of the military, meeting you idjits, my first trip DU and breaking a wheelchair, the Carlsbad GTG, Firenze in 2007, vacations, mates, friends, i come to realize that what DEFINES me as a person is my role as a father, and my daughter Maddie.

the day (well, morning) she was born. how tiny she was. how helpless i felt, how tired and yet how strong her mother was, how that baby girl screamed and screamed and quieted down after all was said and done, i touched her, and my entire life shifted ever so slightly to the right...and i never looked back, not since she opened her eyes, latched onto me, and how tightly she gripped that one finger.

i love this place, have made more friends in the last two years that ever before, friends that i will have forever - but in the final analysis, it's not about the watches, material possessions, it's about moments like this:

when your tired little girl lays her head on your shoulder, and tells you she loves you. and you get a RIDE shot of the moment.

that's the memory in my head as i nod off to sleep. when i wake up, Kate's gone, the Coast Guard is hovering, sands blowing all over me, and all i've got to show for this entire experience is this:

cheers, mates

bo
nt

Montreal, Canada

Jpvfx
Paneristi
Jpvfx
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:41 pm #4

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
203! Nice catch on that island
Best
Jp

porsche-964
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:42 pm #5

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo

Jeremy (aka Mr. Socko)
Northeast Florida

Robbie-Do
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:43 pm #6

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
I can so relate to those feelings a little miracle awakens in you. Nothing compares.

Rob (Melbourne, Australia)

SALMANQ8
Paneristi
SALMANQ8
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:45 pm #7

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
nt

panny1
Paneristi
panny1
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:45 pm #8

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
nt

Archie

owenkel
Paneristi
owenkel
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:48 pm #9

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
nt

Oliver
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfahlen, Germany

K.A.D.
Paneristi
K.A.D.
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:51 pm #10

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
Kev.

AurelioS
Paneristi
AurelioS
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:52 pm #11

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
And always a treat to chat/meet up with you...... you rock, amigo ~

Peace,
A.

"No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's
gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that..."

And, check out my blog... "Screaming In An Elevator!"

galeforce
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 12:53 pm #12

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
nt

Mignatta
Paneristi
Mignatta
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:01 pm #13

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
very entertaining and loved the photo of you and your newborn daughter.

dlee888
Paneristi
dlee888
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:08 pm #14

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
Well done Bo!

Panerai...
"It's like children. You can't understand until you've had one."

mike2zero
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:10 pm #15

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

"In Simplicity lies true greatness" -Francesco De Sanctis

xaggie95
Paneristi
xaggie95
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:13 pm #16

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Austin, TX

rorrickj34
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:13 pm #17

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
The bit about your daughter was very touching....you are one cool cat Bo

hkgweilo
Paneristi
hkgweilo
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:14 pm #18

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
hatful of hallow, although a compilation, is one of my most-listened to albums...

saw the at the hollywood palladium back in the day and remember a fan jumped on stage and stole johnny marr's guitar..

statts
Paneristi
statts
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:20 pm #19

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
...A fine choice in music of course! Wnet to see Mozza in concernt a few months ago - ah happy times. Agree completely about the feelings engendered holding your child for the first time, our daughter Jennifer is 5 weeks old today

Newcastle, UK

adman7
Paneristi
adman7
Paneristi

June 2nd, 2008, 1:20 pm #20

this sucks...

this is MUCH BETTER!

YES! entertainment!

that's me, far left.

light brown. nice.

(redheads, yum)

(loves me some blondes)

no such luck.

cheers, mates

bo
nt