375??

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.

375??

BCMIKE
New User
BCMIKE
New User

February 9th, 2018, 3:02 am #1

It’s been a while but I’m starting to look at Panerai’s again.

Happy that the 375 did finally release.
Any feedback on wear and tear?

Always had love for the 339 but never pulled the trigger due to the finish issues with the casing.

Any feedback or knowledge on it would be appreciated

Cheers

M

Cr4ig
Paneristi
Cr4ig
Paneristi

February 9th, 2018, 6:41 pm #2

I'm not into coatings. They inevitably fail, scratch or otherwise become issues. Too many other beautiful Panerai options for me to take that chance.

BCMIKE
New User
BCMIKE
New User

February 10th, 2018, 1:44 am #3

Appreciate the advice!
Definitely helps me make my choice.
I would truly be bummed to lose the finish.
Lots of great options.
Should have fun shopping

Helium3
Paneristi
Helium3
Paneristi

February 10th, 2018, 10:37 am #4

Panerai knew about the problems with the 339 coating and its reaction to sweat, when their new head of design was employed it was his first job, it took him a while hence the delay of the the 375 but i spoke to him at length about it

The found it was bath orientated and due to sweat- they did a huge amount of work on the returned cases trying to work out what had gone wrong, what was different with these batches

in the end they changed the process slightly to prevent it happening, it also made the cases harder wearing as unlike the 339 the 375 crown mechanism puts a lateral load on the components when you close the crown cover

hence the 375 although looking like the 339 is actually a better coating, not only that if you send in your 339, or the two other rads they made in the composite for a case replacement what you get back is the case with the better covering

its just a shame they seem to have fallen out of fashion before all the work was carried out on them

i've had a 339 as a regular wearer and finally managed to damage the case when i dropped it about 30 foot onto concrete, there are faint lines right on the edge of the case and the bezel, apart from that its hard a really hard life with no damage to it and no scratches, the other watch i use in comparison is my 372 and that look s beaten to hell up ( but looks fab for it)

the aluminium case with an anodized coating is a great idea, its less of a coating an more of a change in the material remember sapphire glass is just aluminium oxide

personally and through experience of various pvd, give me the 339/375 over any of the other coatings

roadkingsteve
Paneristi

February 11th, 2018, 12:48 pm #5

You’ve just explained why the aluminum case with the ceramiized coating PVD continues to look new after daily wear.
It’s hard a rock.
A buddy of mine works with metals and tried to explain to me in his technical speak that depending on how the coating PVD was performed it’s the same process that used for deep-sea equipment in salt water, pushrods and race cars, and space equipment
Light weight hard.

I was told several years back for a Panerai employee that the 339 production was never fully completed and that he thought they were approximately 800 units that were done.
Could you confirm this?

Thanks.

jjvd21
Paneristi
jjvd21
Paneristi

February 11th, 2018, 5:37 pm #6

I handled a 375 in the NY boutique Friday, personally it’s the most impressive Panerai I’ve seen. Not black and not brown, but certainly darker than how it appears in most images you can find through a search. The most surprising thing was how light it was, it felt around half the weight of my 438. Looking forward to receiving mine I bought one last week. There was a post a while back where a forum member had posted pictures of his 375, it is the most accurate photo display I’ve seen compared to what google shows. Search “rising sun” in the forum.

HighNightFlight
New User

February 12th, 2018, 10:19 am #7

I have the 375 some months now and I´m more impressed than the first day, the watch looks like new and it´s the most comfortable +40mm watch that I knew, more comfortable than a carbon AP Offshore, any ceramic watch etc etc The first issues with the 339 in 2010/2011 are resolved, my piece is from 2015 and I´m more than happy with it. Apart that it looks beautyful it is an awesome every day beater, very dificult to beat...For me it´s a strong buy!

stockae92
Paneristi
stockae92
Paneristi

February 13th, 2018, 9:41 pm #8

Panerai knew about the problems with the 339 coating and its reaction to sweat, when their new head of design was employed it was his first job, it took him a while hence the delay of the the 375 but i spoke to him at length about it

The found it was bath orientated and due to sweat- they did a huge amount of work on the returned cases trying to work out what had gone wrong, what was different with these batches

in the end they changed the process slightly to prevent it happening, it also made the cases harder wearing as unlike the 339 the 375 crown mechanism puts a lateral load on the components when you close the crown cover

hence the 375 although looking like the 339 is actually a better coating, not only that if you send in your 339, or the two other rads they made in the composite for a case replacement what you get back is the case with the better covering

its just a shame they seem to have fallen out of fashion before all the work was carried out on them

i've had a 339 as a regular wearer and finally managed to damage the case when i dropped it about 30 foot onto concrete, there are faint lines right on the edge of the case and the bezel, apart from that its hard a really hard life with no damage to it and no scratches, the other watch i use in comparison is my 372 and that look s beaten to hell up ( but looks fab for it)

the aluminium case with an anodized coating is a great idea, its less of a coating an more of a change in the material remember sapphire glass is just aluminium oxide

personally and through experience of various pvd, give me the 339/375 over any of the other coatings
I hope you mean 3 feet ..

Any watch that survive a 30 feet fall is indeed impressive :p

stockae92
Paneristi
stockae92
Paneristi

February 13th, 2018, 9:45 pm #9

I have the 375 some months now and I´m more impressed than the first day, the watch looks like new and it´s the most comfortable +40mm watch that I knew, more comfortable than a carbon AP Offshore, any ceramic watch etc etc The first issues with the 339 in 2010/2011 are resolved, my piece is from 2015 and I´m more than happy with it. Apart that it looks beautyful it is an awesome every day beater, very dificult to beat...For me it´s a strong buy!
I tried on the 375 at AD and indeed it was very comfortable to wear, which is to my surprise.

I tried on 372 and it was thick and tall. But 375 seems more low profile and I think my wrist can handle that.

I would if there are other 47mm 1950 case that share the same comfy low profile design of 375?

jjvd21
Paneristi
jjvd21
Paneristi

February 13th, 2018, 11:48 pm #10

I don’t recall the 375 exact height in millimeters but it’s close to 16.4mm tall including the crystal. The Panerai website has a chat feature that pops up and they will answer most technical questions. Other 1950 cases off the top of my head 127, 217, 267 (good luck) that could wear similiar. I’d be willing to bet most of the 1950 will be taller in height compared to the 375 due to thicker case backs.

jjvd21
Paneristi
jjvd21
Paneristi

February 13th, 2018, 11:52 pm #11

I learned yesterday that all 375’s were indeed produced in 2012 however weren’t released until 2015 and 2016 as Panerai continued testing their improved composite formula. They were apparently satisfied with the results and didn’t alter the formula and used the 2012 375’s.

pegista
New User
pegista
New User

April 3rd, 2018, 8:11 pm #12

jjvd21 wrote:
I learned yesterday that all 375’s were indeed produced in 2012 however weren’t released until 2015 and 2016 as Panerai continued testing their improved composite formula. They were apparently satisfied with the results and didn’t alter the formula and used the 2012 375’s.
This is correct. All 375 were produced in 2012, hence letter N in edition number.