318 pictures update. Sorry can't respond to emails

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paneristi/
Forum rules
Welcome to Paneristi.com, the worlds largest and oldest Panerai enthusiast website, since 2000. Here you can communicate with other Paneristi from around the world, learn about get-togethers, research the history of the brand and search the archives for information on your favorite watches. You can also use our fora to buy and sell your Panerai watches and accessories.

Please take a moment to review the site rules and have fun!
Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.
Posts on Paneristi.com are permanent. Users do not have the ability to delete or edit their posts, so please use caution and consider the ramifications of your message when posting.
Paneristi.com does not tolerate obscenity, trolling, hateful or racist commentary or personal attacks.
Anonymous posts are subject to deletion without notice. Please use your Network 54 login when posting and leave a legitimate email address.
Paneristi.com provides fora for the selling and buying of Panerai watches and accessories only. Moderators do not engage in these transactions, and all posters are encouraged to perform their own due diligence when entering into a transaction (buying tips). Paneristi.com does not endorse or promote any sellers on this site. All transactions are solely at your own risk.
Paneristi.com is a non-commercial venture for its owners and moderators. Please do not use the site for promotion of any commercial enterprises.
Links to outside sites are permitted, provided the destination link comports with the non-commercial purpose of Paneristi.com. Examples of links that are not allowed: links to auction sites, sales fora, watch/strap sellers and other commercial sites.
Charity posts may only be made with prior approval of the Moderators.
If you have a question, please email a Moderator.
giuliosax
Paneristi

October 24th, 2011, 9:33 pm #81

for that, I thank you. It's an eye opener for sure. Was I surprised by it? Yes, of course...only thing is as the history of collecting PAMs has shown.....maybe some day in the future (10/20 years) a WTS for 318 maybe something along the lines...

FS: Unique and one of a kind Brooklyn Bridge PAM 318..the only PAM EVER with its movement untouched by OP.....>>>

far fetched? Maybe but who knows rite
IMHO
they tried to do something like the 203
with the movement not decorated

but instead they did a nice engraved on the back case of the Brooklyn Bridge
that makes u wonder
that they are also the twin towers behind those colons
in gray shadows ..
Tribute to 9/11

Just my 2 cents

Best Regards Giulio

jdm_z33
New User
jdm_z33
New User

October 25th, 2011, 2:33 am #82

Two things

1. I still buy and collect Panerai watches
2. I did not know this was correct when I posted the watch on the forum.

Sorry the watch is real and we can have a civil discussion about this or not.

This post will self-destruct in 60 seconds

when steve jobs was alive I spent a lot less time thinking about how little You contribute to the world.
Wow, I must say I'm shocked! Because I've opened my wife's 104 previously and the movement was at least polished

[/IMG]
By [URLjdm_z33]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jdm_z33]jdm_z33[/URL][/url] at 2010-09-08

[/IMG]
By [URLjdm_z33]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jdm_z33]jdm_z33[/URL][/url] at 2010-09-08

[/IMG]

saisaiba
Paneristi
saisaiba
Paneristi

October 25th, 2011, 4:30 am #83

Two things

when steve jobs was alive I spent a lot less time thinking about how little You contribute to the world.
Panerai has it totally wrong this time....

Someone might argue, a decorated movement doesn't make it work better and we all know Panerai uses ETA and it's a tool watch....BUT

if asethetic value doesn't count, no one should be buying PP, VC, AP, etc...Luxury watch is all about asthetic value, inside or outside. And with what Panerai is charging us, it's hardly arguable that it's not a luxury brand.

gfriedell
Paneristi

October 25th, 2011, 12:31 pm #84

And she a girl.

Received emails from members with pictures saying watch was correct. That is when I said the watch was legit not before.

Look for what's inside before you make up your mind

Saw you downtown singing the blues It's time to face the music, I'm longer your muse

Ta

ReTTo11
Paneristi
ReTTo11
Paneristi

October 25th, 2011, 6:06 pm #85

Wait I never doubted you. Maybe some people here owe you an apology.

didn't post that I'm sorry..... lol

I still like you.....

ReTTo
Chicago

Underskoterskan
New User

October 30th, 2011, 6:02 pm #86

Two things

...than the lack of basic decoration is the fact they didn't even bother to choose the Top or Chronometré version of the movement. As you all know, ETA movements are manufactured in four different grades; standard, elaboré, top and chronometré. The most significant gap in performance is an Elaboré versus a Top, the Top is superior due to the fact that it has a Glucydur-balance among other top-of-the-shelf features. I can't tell from the pictures whether the movement used is a Standard or Elaboré, but it sure isn't a Top or Chronometré-version of the movement since the balance is nickelgilded and therefor it must be either Standard or Elaboré. That being said; guys, there's absolutely nothing that separates this movement from the movement in any of the $500 (or less) watches using the same movement. When it comes to future servicing of the watch, i don't expect Panerai to dismantle the movement in the ordinary fashion for cleaning. It would be cheaper to simply put a new movement into it and throw the old one away. The movement isn't even stamped, so no one could tell anyway. This is shocking indeed.

Decorations means nothing to performance, but it shows that the manufacturer has made an effort and is without doubts necessary in any watch in this price range, in fact i cant think of a single movement at this price that isn't decorated, solid caseback or not. Just look at the great deal of attention to detail Breitling puts into their Caliber 17 when it comes to decoration and optimizing the rate to justify the choice of ETA 2824-2, and not a single one of them are being sold with a see-through caseback. At a certain price range, you simply expect that proper attention has been given to the movement.

The fact that Panerai didn't even bother to choose the slightly more expensive but vastly superior Top-version of the movement is indeed shocking. I simply can't believe the stupidity of the folks in charge of the company, for a few bucks in cost saving they're putting their entire reputation and trust in dangerous hazard.

/Undersköterskan