Worse Employers in POM & PNG

Worse Employers in POM & PNG

The Hunter
The Hunter

February 11th, 2011, 11:38 pm #1

Who is the worse employer in PNG?
Give you rating, from 1-10, 10 being the worse.

sol
sol

February 12th, 2011, 7:09 am #2

how do you want it. Government sector, private sector or informal sector? I had experience in all of this 3 sectors and can say more than 10 if narrow the analysis!

ex LGL
ex LGL

February 13th, 2011, 2:39 am #3

I think Lihir Gold is one of the worst employer in PNG if I were to pick a company in the mining and oil sector. The working conditions and renumerations for national employees is the lowest of all the mines in PNG compared to expatriates. employees on 21days shift are overworked. Accomodation is a nightmare. 3, 4 or more people sharing a room. Nationals are not considered to hold high positions. No nationals hold a manager position. only 4 hold superintendent positions, 3 are at the community relations and 1 at the environment department. you have to work longer hours to get highly paid.

Lukluk Raun
Lukluk Raun

February 13th, 2011, 3:08 am #4

I'd say ALL ASIAN companies

The Hunter
The Hunter

February 14th, 2011, 11:37 am #5

how do you want it. Government sector, private sector or informal sector? I had experience in all of this 3 sectors and can say more than 10 if narrow the analysis!
All Sectors, however private sector would be better.

sol
sol

February 15th, 2011, 2:09 am #6

Government sector
- All the national departments & provincial departments are pay structure is soo marginalised...the executives gets more pay than the many lower grades worker. lo narapela sait whoever seems to be rich working in a government department is either a thief or 'save pes' for the boss or executive. I Can say no one is more better than the other. Even Goevrnment statutory bodies like the arm force, Research & development org like NRI, NARI or government companies like MRA are just front page stories .... most of these stats bodies talk more than what they do...if you working with them you either be a contract staff with fix term benefits...yu yet bai pilim sapos yu wok inside one

Private Sector
- Mainly the worse employers are the retail buisiness runs by foreigner (yupla clicks)...the shops assistant tells me the pay is around K50-K100 depending on various work outputs etc....

...bai mi toktok moa bihain....mi nek drai

kt
kt

February 15th, 2011, 5:02 am #7

I'd say ALL ASIAN companies
i worked in a managerial position in a big agro-industrial company for 10 years and for 2 years as a middle management public servant. I must say the public service job gave slightly lower perks but greater job satisfaction than the private sector job.

Papa blong Pikinini
Papa blong Pikinini

February 15th, 2011, 10:02 am #8

Asian run group of companies like, WR Carpenters, CPL, Kenmore and RH.
They bring their own wantoks in, especially the cheap Indian and Filipino labourers to supervise and marginalize our wantoks.
Their pay to nationals are lousy!

worker
worker

February 16th, 2011, 4:14 am #9

DALTRON is owned by WR Carpenters so it seems true to draw that conclusion

Papa Blong Pikini
Papa Blong Pikini

February 19th, 2011, 9:59 am #10

I am not surprised at Daltron.

Rumor has it that Daltron has a very high turn-over last year and the trend is continuing this year.

Next please!