Win Vista, has anyone used it?

Win Vista, has anyone used it?

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2007, 2:04 am #1

Has anyone in PNG ran the Win Vista yet?

I heard that the CPU has been replaced by a Graphics processing unit, or a GPU, and because it’s a 64-bit OS your system has to be a x82 based PC.

Also read on CNET that Vista was a graphically over glorified Win XP SP2 useless you buy the enterprise edition. Windows XP SP2 has the same security features as Vista.

just want to know more about it before i get into it...

Jon
Jon

March 3rd, 2007, 2:07 am #2

i would recommend not using it after a year or so...by then Microft would have perfected the OS with patched and other related bug issues. Cos thats what they always do....

Jon

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 5th, 2007, 4:52 am #3

yeah thanks mate...

Pilot
Pilot

March 5th, 2007, 5:08 am #4

Look, I know there are a lot of MS haters out there.

But I've got to say that Vista is just beautiful. I've trialled it and it definately was worth the wait. The new Aero interface is similar to the Mac OS X interface but I'm not going to bag MS for that.

It's definately more appealing to the senses. Media Centre is included with Vista Ultimate, not sure if it is in the other versions. I've got say that its one of the best new features. It'll require some getting use to but than what new software doesn't, especially after a dramatic facelift.

Look, my suggestion is if you can get a hold of a copy, try it out. You'll be amazed. By the way there Vista also ships as a 32bit version.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 6th, 2007, 11:53 pm #5

32-bit Version meaning the Aero interface is less appealing?

Thanks

Sh!t Kicker
Sh!t Kicker

March 7th, 2007, 11:08 am #6

Has anyone in PNG ran the Win Vista yet?

I heard that the CPU has been replaced by a Graphics processing unit, or a GPU, and because it’s a 64-bit OS your system has to be a x82 based PC.

Also read on CNET that Vista was a graphically over glorified Win XP SP2 useless you buy the enterprise edition. Windows XP SP2 has the same security features as Vista.

just want to know more about it before i get into it...
Win Vista Is ****...altogether. its very slow so unless you have a comp that holds 1G RAM or more i would say dont use it not even 512MG Ram is good enough.

its got its benefits and its way better in terms of intelligence compared to the other microsoft OS.

the graphics is a strap of from linux well at least thats what i reckon.

AI
AI

March 8th, 2007, 3:28 am #7

Installed the 32-bit RC-1 Vista on my PC last night, really can’t say much about it. You can use windows blinder in XP to get the same interface as vista.

I consider my PC to be a power house with a P4(3GHz), an excellent video card (ATI-512 MB) and 3 GB RAM but the major issue was finding drivers for some of my hardware in Vista.

It is a more intelligent OS but I guess I would listen to Jon and give it some time for the rest of the world (or PNG for that matter) to catch up too the buzz...

Maybe the 64-bit version is different, but that’s my suggestion...

AI

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2007, 3:31 am #8

thanks peoples,

so i'll wait for some time...

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 14th, 2007, 6:37 am #9

32-bit Version meaning the Aero interface is less appealing?

Thanks
Aero is the name of the new graphical user interface for Win Vista. It is the same regardless of whether you have a beefy machine or not.

The only difference is that you won't be able to use Aero features such as Glass, which creates a translucent effect and Flip 3D which let's you view your open windows in a 3 dimensional manner. You'll need a machine with at least a minimum of 128MB video RAM and a Direct X 9 compatible graphics processor.

FYI, the Windows XP interface we have come accustomed to is called Luna.

Pilot
Pilot

March 14th, 2007, 6:42 am #10

Win Vista Is ****...altogether. its very slow so unless you have a comp that holds 1G RAM or more i would say dont use it not even 512MG Ram is good enough.

its got its benefits and its way better in terms of intelligence compared to the other microsoft OS.

the graphics is a strap of from linux well at least thats what i reckon.
Don't be a hater.

However, its widely known that the new interface is similar to the Mac OS X and to a lesser extent Linux Mandrake.

Your point is noted.