UNIFEM PACIFIC: NATIONAL PROGRAMME OFFICER FOR PNG

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 19th, 2007, 5:18 am #1

The Pacific Regional Office of the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person for the post of a National Programme Officer (NPO) to be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The NPO will work under the overall direction of the Regional Programme Director of UNIFEM Pacific office, based in Suva, Fiji and day-to-day supervision of the UN Resident Coordinator in Papua New Guinea. The incumbent will oversee the design and implementation of UNIFEM’s programme and projects in Papua New Guinea, in line with UNIFEM Pacific’s global and regional programs and global objectives and UN policy and practice in PNG.

In consultation with other UN agencies, technical advisers, and UNIFEM’s regional program coordinators , and experts, the duties and responsibilities of the NPO will include:

Programme/Project development

Introduce UNIFEM policy and programme guidelines and best practice strategies to the PNG United Nations Country Team
Provide substantive gender advocacy and support to the PNG UN Country Team and the PNG UN Country Plan through the office of UN Resident Coordinator
Establish and chair PNG’s UN Inter Agency Task Force on Gender and provide technical inputs on gender to other UN Inter-agency working groups, especially HIV and AIDS, Governance, Natural Disaster Management and CPR.
Harmonise UNIFEM’s Pacific regional programs with the PNG UN country plan and prepare relevant discussion and concept papers as needed
Provide technical assistance to the PNG UN Country Team on implementing the UN Country Program for 2008-12, with particular focus on effective mainstreaming of as well as the design of a specific gender program of the PNG Country Program
Liaise with PNG’s national and Provincial Governments, bilateral and multilateral development agencies and CSOs to promote women’s economic security and rights, advance active citizenship and leadership of women, and better representation of women in government, reduce HIV transmission among women and girl’s and promote women and girls’ human rights and eliminate gender violence.
Facilitate constructive communication and knowledge networks between the UNIFEM/UN PNG country and Pacific Regional personnel and projects
Establish and maintain optimal communication with Governments, CSOs and other women’s groups in Papua New Guinea to facilitate cooperation and complementary programming
Provide technical support to the establishment of the Office of Women’s Development in PNG through global and regional expertise.
Provide technical support to CEDAW awareness, implementation and reporting in PNG, in close cooperation with UNIFEM Pacific’s CEDAW Program Coordinator
Represent UNIFEM at selected national and regional meetings, workshops, conferences under the direction of the UNIFEM Pacific RPD.
2. Project Management

The NPO will oversee the coordination and implementation projects developed as part of the PNG UN Country Program in harmony with the global and regional UNIFEM programs and projects, specifically and specifically:

Assist in the implementation of the UNIFEM’s Multi-Year Funding Framework for the region (2007 and 2008-11),
Advocate for the empowerment of women in Papua New Guinea and the agenda of UN international conventions, commitments and Platforms for action such as CEDAW and the Beijing Plan of Action, the Millennium Development Goals. Where necessary assist other UN agencies with preparation of policy submissions and instruments for implementation of these Conventions/Conferences at the country level;
Assist the PNG Country Team to design and implement programs in the framework of the Pacific Plan and revised Pacific Women’s Platform for Action.
Under the direction and guidance of the RPD, UNIFEM Pacific, and the RC UN PNG brief, debrief and provide insights into key, local gender issues to experts/consultants and missions assigned to projects in Papua New Guinea;
With the NPO, prepare project management plans, monitor project implementation and prepare bi-annual progress reports and final reports for all UNIFEM projects in PNG
Liaise closely with and build capacity of project executing agencies and provide them with the support needed to submit the timely completion and quality narrative and financial reports;
Improve dissemination of UNIFEM information and publications in PNG
4. Resource Mobilisation

Support the UNIFEM Pacific RPD and the PNG UNRC to identify and approach potential donors for UNIFEM projects in Papua New Guinea.

5. Other

Undertake other related duties as directed by UNIFEM’s Regional Programme Director

Competencies Required: Broad understanding and track record of effective achievement in at least two of the four global goals of UNIFEM, Strategic Planning and Project conceptualization, design and documentation, high level advocacy, policy negotiation, diplomacy Facilitator/moderator skills. Gender Analysis and mainstreaming, Partnership Building, Communication, self management and fund raising.

Minimum Qualifications and Experience: A Masters degree preferably in Law, Economics, Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Public Administration or related discipline with at least 5 years of experience in development-related work at the national and/or regional levels. Other requirements:

Prior working experience in project/programme management and gender analysis is essential.
Experience working in gender and HIV/AIDS would be an advantage.
Excellent working knowledge of English including excellent report writing and communication skills.
Strong analytical and communication skills preferably with experience of national situational assessments. Full working knowledge of English including excellent report writing and communication skills.
Extensive experience with project identification, formulation and monitoring evaluation.
Knowledge of international and regional debates on poverty alleviation, HIV.AIDS and gender, women’s leadership and political participation, crisis prevention and recovery and global and local efforts to eliminate Violence against women.
Knowledge of PNG Government systems, NGO and church development networks and programs.
Good computer skills with ability to produce reports without secretarial assistance. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is a must.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Successful candidates will be based in Port Moresby and may be required to travel from time to time. Contract duration will be for 12 months initially with possibility of renewal.

LANGUAGE: A high standard of spoken and written English.

REMUNERATION:. Salary level will be between _NOB* _______(gross taxable salary) depending on experience.

Applications must include a C.V. with full contact details of three referees and are to be submitted no later than __ (put a new date) and addressed under confidential cover to:

UN Resident Coordinator

C/- UNDP

PB Box 1041

Port Morseby

Papua New Guinea

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 21st, 2007, 11:37 am #2

Thanks.. I am applying for it!

NITON KOGOYA
NITON KOGOYA

July 9th, 2012, 10:29 am #3

i am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union. As requested, I am enclosing a completed job application, my certification, my resume and three references.

The opportunity presented in this listing is very interesting, and I believe that my strong technical experience and education will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:

* I have successfully designed, developed, and supported live use applications
* I strive for continued excellence
* I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers

With a BS degree in Computer Programming, I have a full understanding of the full life cycle of a software development project. I also have experience in learning and excelling at new technologies as needed.

Please see my resume for additional information on my experience.

I can be reached anytime via email at john.donaldson@gmail.com or my cell phone,+06 0812 77500337.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.

Sincerely,

niton kogoya

Boss
Boss

July 29th, 2012, 12:46 am #4

I can't believe that you're replying to an advert that is FIVE FRIKEN YEARS OLD!

Do you think ANYONE would hire you for ANYTHING the moment they saw that you were this dense?

Please. Read carefully before you do anything, lest you end up looking like a fool.

For your constructive response and action for personal improvement.

Thank you!