Tax rebate in PNG??

Tax rebate in PNG??

Tax payer
Tax payer

June 6th, 2008, 6:50 am #1

Hi people, this subject has been lingering in my mind for some time and I was just wondering if there is such a thing as Tax Rebate in PNG. Do people who get overtaxed calim refund from the government? I am not aware if this is happening. I work with a mining company and pay almost K400 every fortnight in taxes. I do not see any fruit of these taxes I pay either...but back to the subject, can people in PNG claim tax refund..

KK
KK

June 6th, 2008, 10:33 pm #2

Maski long con, you pay just only $133.oo (K400.00)and look at the infrastructures and services you get in US as compared to PNG. My combine household tax is $2500.00 (K7500.00) per month to Uncle Sam and I don't make a big fuzz about it. PNG Government should screen those Chinese companies and crucify the tax evaders.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 7th, 2008, 1:16 am #3

Hi people, this subject has been lingering in my mind for some time and I was just wondering if there is such a thing as Tax Rebate in PNG. Do people who get overtaxed calim refund from the government? I am not aware if this is happening. I work with a mining company and pay almost K400 every fortnight in taxes. I do not see any fruit of these taxes I pay either...but back to the subject, can people in PNG claim tax refund..
Yep, there is tax rebate system in PNG. Contact IRC or consult an accountant. They will show you how to claim it.

naive
naive

June 8th, 2008, 10:17 am #4

The Tax rebate has been in PNG for over 20 years. IRC does not promote is because they know they will loose money if every citizen started claiming for tax rebates. They are using your ignorance to their advantage.

Naive

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 11th, 2008, 9:09 am #5

it is very true...there is a tax rebate system in png...pass the message to every papua new guiean to start collecting receipts for things they want to collect rebates on....

Two-sides
Two-sides

June 11th, 2008, 4:19 pm #6

I got back close to a gran in school tax rebates. It works if your child goes to an international school but I'm not sure if it applies to state schools. Keeping your receipts is a good idea. It may not apply if your company pays for your child's education but if U are self-sponsored as they say then go straight to IRC and they should give out forms at the inquiry desk.

Em sol and GOOD LUCK!!!!