Smartest Village In PNG - All Candidates STAY OUT

Smartest Village In PNG - All Candidates STAY OUT

1,000 Salutes To Da Saussia Electorate
1,000 Salutes To Da Saussia Electorate

March 19th, 2007, 12:26 am #1

The villagers here (below) said any candidates can only come in at your own risk and they set up a roadblock to the road leading to villages with thousands of people.

A very smart gesture and the beginnings of a new day. This is the first step towards ending the cargo cult mentality that politicians will bring development (they never have and never will) to rural areas. People create their own development.

More villages should see the light like these smart people have instead of thinking the next one, next one, next one coming along is going to deliver the cargo. No candidate ever delivers the cargo. All they deliver (if anything at all) are scraps.

Post courier News
Monday 19th March , 2007

Villagers ‘ban’ candidates

PEOPLE in a part of the Yangoru-Sausia electorate have decided to take matters into their own hands, after a long wait for the Government to fix their road.

With the national elections nearing, the people moved to block off the badly deteriorated Tangori-Yekimbolye road, which had earlier serviced about 35 villages with a population of over 30,000 within wards 1-23 of the Yangoru Saussia electorate.

The villagers have issued an ultimatum to candidates who want to campaign in their area to enter at their own risks. They have instead built a hut near the entrance of the road at Sasoya and cleared a field where they want candidates to do their campaigning.

Ward 18 councillor John Monjinoui said the road had been the vital link for people to bring their cash crop as well as garden produce to sell in Wewak.
But over the past five years, the 60km road has badly deteriorated, with bridges fallen and many areas inaccessable.

People have to carry their loads to walk long distances, sometimes a full day, to get to the nearest road link to access transportation to and from town.

Mr Monjinoui said Governor Peter Wararu had told them during a rally in early 2005 that the road would be fixed soon after Easter that year, but this did not happen.

“We have waited for too long and now the elections is here. Anyone who wants to campaign in our area will go in at their own risk.

The people are very annoyed about the lack of attention to the road,” Mr Monjinoui said.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 19th, 2007, 3:55 am #2

haha...FULL SUPPORT. paitim ol disla stupid memba....

Full Pawa
Full Pawa

March 19th, 2007, 4:51 am #3

Not only the members but all the intending members too. Finally a large group of villagers who have figured out that the new ones won't be any better than the ones they replaced. Good going.

Anon
Anon

March 19th, 2007, 7:57 am #4

The villagers here (below) said any candidates can only come in at your own risk and they set up a roadblock to the road leading to villages with thousands of people.

A very smart gesture and the beginnings of a new day. This is the first step towards ending the cargo cult mentality that politicians will bring development (they never have and never will) to rural areas. People create their own development.

More villages should see the light like these smart people have instead of thinking the next one, next one, next one coming along is going to deliver the cargo. No candidate ever delivers the cargo. All they deliver (if anything at all) are scraps.

Post courier News
Monday 19th March , 2007

Villagers ‘ban’ candidates

PEOPLE in a part of the Yangoru-Sausia electorate have decided to take matters into their own hands, after a long wait for the Government to fix their road.

With the national elections nearing, the people moved to block off the badly deteriorated Tangori-Yekimbolye road, which had earlier serviced about 35 villages with a population of over 30,000 within wards 1-23 of the Yangoru Saussia electorate.

The villagers have issued an ultimatum to candidates who want to campaign in their area to enter at their own risks. They have instead built a hut near the entrance of the road at Sasoya and cleared a field where they want candidates to do their campaigning.

Ward 18 councillor John Monjinoui said the road had been the vital link for people to bring their cash crop as well as garden produce to sell in Wewak.
But over the past five years, the 60km road has badly deteriorated, with bridges fallen and many areas inaccessable.

People have to carry their loads to walk long distances, sometimes a full day, to get to the nearest road link to access transportation to and from town.

Mr Monjinoui said Governor Peter Wararu had told them during a rally in early 2005 that the road would be fixed soon after Easter that year, but this did not happen.

“We have waited for too long and now the elections is here. Anyone who wants to campaign in our area will go in at their own risk.

The people are very annoyed about the lack of attention to the road,” Mr Monjinoui said.
i think this action is fully justified and only goes to show how desperate the villagers have become coz of the government's lack of commitment. take this as a wake up call for all those intending to stand for this electorate.

Anons
Anons

March 19th, 2007, 8:08 am #5

I disagree with you and agree with the other poster ie I think it is a lesson that pollies are worthless and people finally waking up to it

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 19th, 2007, 2:06 pm #6

;
Last edited by 7milebeach on March 25th, 2007, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 19th, 2007, 2:06 pm #7

I disagree with you and agree with the other poster ie I think it is a lesson that pollies are worthless and people finally waking up to it
pls no caps

7mile
Last edited by 7milebeach on March 20th, 2007, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon
Anon

March 19th, 2007, 4:39 pm #8

instead of sitting around doing nothing in the village waiting for some pollie to respond they'll be growing cash crops, fixing their road and otherwise developing in other words I think you are sadly brainwashed by those no nothing pollies which are in abujndance.

Sam I am
Sam I am

March 19th, 2007, 10:50 pm #9

;
My bratha or sista you need some serious help if you are willing to resort to violence against your own race. Do you wish for PNG to become an little Africa in the South Pacifics?

Bad enough other races think less of us now you just proved them white(not right)about our violent tempers!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 19th, 2007, 11:13 pm #10

;
You sound like a Kanaka too! Stop this nonsense, come up with some bright ideas.