PNG Contemporary Music

PNG Contemporary Music

CT ZEN
CT ZEN

January 6th, 2012, 12:50 am #1

With the passing of PNG music Guru, Tony Soru Subam will the traditional Fusion music of PNG be carried to the next level by creative educated musicians of NAS/FCA/Creative Arts of UPNG.

Will any band in PNG for that matter surpass the record of Sanguma to Tour the world and promote real PNG Music and culture? Wake up PNG contemporary Musicians.

Jeffry Feeger
Jeffry Feeger

March 22nd, 2012, 2:28 pm #2

PNG contemporary music, is a great entry point into the Internaional market, for those young talented musicians that discover this they will go far, if they don't then they will forever walk in the shadow of their western counterparts. I am now making a name for myself internationally in my field of visual art and it is because I have refused to follow, I created my own direction, feeding from the richness of our traditional society, it has opened the doors. Sanguma set the benchmark for this kind of music, and Telek and David Bride know this and they continue to excel, touring the world, Telek is a sensation! We have many culturally unique rhythms, songs, chants, instruments, why are we not using them anymore? Why are we boxing ourselves in to the keyboard and the electronic? Why are we trying to play catch up with the west, when all the answers are here, we only need to dig deeper into who we are and what we have and sing with the flow, create what is unique to us, then the worlds heads will turn and we will be the envy of the world. We are truly blessed, and I am hoping to see more young PNG musicians take up this kind of music. I am even keen to offer my marketing skills to help any musician or groups wanting to take it up.

Andy tara
Andy tara

August 13th, 2012, 2:07 am #3

Yes bro I support your points that We have many culturally unique rhythms, songs, chants, instruments, I believe if we keep to our identity,adopting and upholding our own style of music, creating music out of our creativity. We need to discover how unique we are from the rest of the world.

Wilfred ipang
Wilfred ipang

March 14th, 2013, 10:50 am #4

PNG contemporary music, is a great entry point into the Internaional market, for those young talented musicians that discover this they will go far, if they don't then they will forever walk in the shadow of their western counterparts. I am now making a name for myself internationally in my field of visual art and it is because I have refused to follow, I created my own direction, feeding from the richness of our traditional society, it has opened the doors. Sanguma set the benchmark for this kind of music, and Telek and David Bride know this and they continue to excel, touring the world, Telek is a sensation! We have many culturally unique rhythms, songs, chants, instruments, why are we not using them anymore? Why are we boxing ourselves in to the keyboard and the electronic? Why are we trying to play catch up with the west, when all the answers are here, we only need to dig deeper into who we are and what we have and sing with the flow, create what is unique to us, then the worlds heads will turn and we will be the envy of the world. We are truly blessed, and I am hoping to see more young PNG musicians take up this kind of music. I am even keen to offer my marketing skills to help any musician or groups wanting to take it up.
Many of us PNG sing in western style but still not matching there style.we are still behind but still trying to be like them.

Liberty MUSIC-PNG Traditional Contemporary
Liberty MUSIC-PNG Traditional Contemporary

November 30th, 2015, 12:56 am #5

Liberty MUSIC-PNG Traditional Contemporary Music is a newly established Community Organisation formed by some PNG Musicians and Artsists to tap abit of Community Music Engagement in the promotion and preservation of PNG Music in our pure unique culture rich country.