KSI Convention - is it going ahead?

KSI Convention - is it going ahead?

A.S
A.S

April 23rd, 2004, 1:33 am #1

With several months to go, some of us who are interested in KSI's progress were wondering if the KSI Convention is still going ahead this year? If it is, let us know if our help is needed in securing some VIP speakers for the convention, such as current government ministers.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 23rd, 2004, 1:46 am #2

AS,

I don't think so for this year. The Melbourne Organising Committee has verbally communicated their decision to defer the Convention to next year to Ms Vagi (KSI Treasurer). Hopefully, the KSI Executives will release some update on the Convention soon.

Cheers,

PY

A.S
A.S

April 23rd, 2004, 4:37 am #3

Pulas, tenkyu for the toksave. The KSI should let the sponsors know so that they can allocate the money that they put aside for KSI elsewhere. However, it may mean that there won't be any money allocated for KSI next year.

Incidentally, does that mean that KSI won't have an AGM until next year, meaning that KSI won't have a president until next year?

Additionally, how will KSI fund its general activities like General Council meetings and keeping the website operational if there are no new funds coming in?

Just some questions that I had that I hope people might be able to answer.

Cheers

A

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 25th, 2004, 1:49 am #4

Tony,

You highlighted an important factor here which is funding. The KSI Treasurer was in our (KSI Melbourne Organising Committee) last meeting when this issue of convention funding and hosting of the Convention was extensively discussed. Given the time constraints and few other issues that needed resolving between PNGSAV and KSI Executives, we (PNGSAV) decided against hosting the Convention this year but expressed our keen willingness to do that next year if PNGSAV is invited again by KSI Executives. We (PNGSAV) have communicated our decision to KSI.

I understand that a GC Meeting was scheduled for this month (April) in Melbourne and the PNGSAV was requested to co-host the GC meeting. I believe that all other issues including the AGM, Executive vacancies, Convention will be addressed. Other than that I do not have any other details. Hopefully we will be updated soon.

PY

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 7th, 2004, 10:08 am #5

whats happening now?

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 7th, 2004, 10:36 am #6

i dontt know. As the melbourne folks

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 7th, 2004, 11:59 am #7