Guys...is there any way I can convert my local tapes into mp3???
You'll need 3 things;
1. a radio cassette player with audio outlet (red and white Auido Output port mostly at the back of the stereo, sometimes written as Audio Out, Aux, etc - 2 port one for white, the other for red). If your stereo is small and has only a headphone outlet, then I can recommend you another technical option. But let me know what you have.
2. An AV chord or cable (mostly red and white). Just an Audio cable with one input with the headphone end (just like that of headphone that would connect to your computer at the MICROPHONE port - not the headphone port) and 2 output ends that will connect to your cassette player.
3. There are several/many media softwares that record sound either using microphone (as from external)or using stereo (as using the sound internally on your computer). Some of these sound recorders would be Jet Audio, Creative Media source, etc. (search the internet for these).
remember, you are gonna record (song) as a sound from a microphone which the computer would save it as MP3 file or WMA file depending on how you set it on the settings of your media player (not the Windows Media Player).
1. Set your Audio Player on the computer to Record Mode and choose "Microphone" (and not Stereo). Also, set to either MP3 or WMA.
2. Play your set song on the cassette and record on the computer by clicking Record. Try out samples if it works. If it doesn't then there should be problems with the settings on your media player (not the Windows Media player). Try fixing them and check your connections too.
3. You can pause at the end of every song and when you click Stop on the computer, it will automatically ask for where to save your song, so you can save as an MP3 file or WMA file depending on how you set your media player.
4. You can also set the player as "Stereo" instead of "Microphone" and record any song you play over the internet. But that, I do not encourage coz it's ****in' illegal.
Sapos em wok, tok tenkyu na bai mi stap insait long pants blo yu. hehe.