Future Kumuls

Future Kumuls

Angra Gene Kaupa
Angra Gene Kaupa

November 1st, 2010, 11:26 am #1

To all the Papua New Guinean's out there, I would like a list of young PNG players playing anywhere in world right now who you think are capable of playing for the kumuls. Please name a future kumuls team of players under the age of 20.

John Dume
John Dume

November 1st, 2010, 11:38 am #2

1.David Mead
2.Ryan Tongia
3.Trevor Kapka
5.Nathern Kepa
7.Ray Tompson
9.James Segeyaro
10.Tyson Martin
11.Junior Harro
12.Jack Cooper
15.Matt Debroume

That's all the boys I know off who are capable of playing for kumuls

Max
Max

November 2nd, 2010, 12:01 am #3

Never heard some of these names before.......Can you tell us more about them ? Like clubds they play for etc..

KD KULEX
KD KULEX

November 2nd, 2010, 12:06 am #4

Pre selector

Grassroots Kumul
Grassroots Kumul

November 2nd, 2010, 1:17 am #5

Here are two rising stars:

a. Garry Juffa
b. Stanley Gene (playing rugby league since God was a boy)

Paul
Paul

November 18th, 2010, 3:21 am #6

1.David Mead
2.Ryan Tongia
3.Trevor Kapka
5.Nathern Kepa
7.Ray Tompson
9.James Segeyaro
10.Tyson Martin
11.Junior Harro
12.Jack Cooper
15.Matt Debroume

That's all the boys I know off who are capable of playing for kumuls
I'd like top say that Junior Harro is a excellant selection for a future Kumuls player. I have seen his recent game against Cairns boys for school league and his game plan was outstanding. Do take him into consideration, better yet select him as a PNG Kumuls player.

P.Smith

Bus Stop
Bus Stop

November 19th, 2010, 12:28 am #7

That is one good list...But the Kumuls will need a good coach to be succesful.

They will all play like **** if Gene is still coach.

Brissboy
Brissboy

November 19th, 2010, 11:39 pm #8

By looking at the future Kumuls teams we can see that 3rd and 4th generation PNG boys coming through the aussie junior rugby league system will one day pay off.I just hope that by next year that a few local PNG boys make it through to the Q Cup and then the NRL.All we need is one local PNG boy to stand out in the Q Cup and make a name for himself and that will open the flood gates for more local PNG boys to come down.

1.David Mead-NRL Titans
2.Ryan Tongia-NRL Cronulla Sharks
3.Trevor Kapka ?
5.Nathern Kepa NYC Cowboys
7.Ray Tompson - NYC Cowboys
9.James Segeyaro- NRL Cowboys
10.Tyson Martin - Q Cup Mackay Cutters
11.Junior Harro ?
12.Jack Cooper - NYC Cowboys
15.Matt Debroume ?

I thought Nathan Keppa and Ray Thompson were Torres Strait Islanders.I think Segeyaro will be our future Kumuls captain if Lam gets back in as coach .I think Segeyaro will make starting side for Cowboys by the end of the year.I think Tyson martin is a future star been watching him all year in the Q Cup played second row and centre very good player and got good size to him.Jack Cooper is another one with good size and skills.

Max
Max

November 20th, 2010, 12:16 am #9

Ray Thopson is from Rabaul....Nathan Keppa might be TI but with links to Daru etc...

Tyson Martin & Jack Cooper are to very good players. Tyson also been given a Cowboys contract from 2011.

Its a pity that they didn't make the 4 Nations team.

November 20th, 2010, 4:14 am #10

For those interested the real future Kumuls were down at Murray Barracks during the week for the
All School's Rugby League Program. One noticable absence was anyone from the current administration. I did however see Lam there and was told a coach or trainer from one of the Roosters feeder clubs
in Sydney was there checking out the talent.