plis mi needim infor on Live lave,,
anyone please..bits and pieces of infor will
be fine.

thanks
LK

Home-Made Scientist
Home-Made Scientist

May 9th, 2006, 2:14 am #2

In a nutshell, Livex is made from the leftover fruits that are used to make jam. It's fermented to make the Liva Lavae.
Just think of the kind of fruits used to make jam, its just the same stuff, fermented to make Livex.

GRutz
GRutz

May 9th, 2006, 5:21 am #3

Hey there friendos,,

be fine.

thanks
LK
Ms Lucy,

Live lave is brewed in Goroka. I don't think the Food Tech department in Unitech has anything to do with it. You would be better off seeking info from the manufacturer then the Food Tech dudes here.

Live lave is reasonably a strong liquor. Wouldn't classify it as a mild beer or lager. Falls between wine and beer (11 % alcohol/vol). Had a visit to the factory (which was burnt down)some years ago. they don't use any grains (wheat, rye, etc) like other brewers do. most of their ingredients are locally grown fruits like banana, passion friuts, sugar fruits, pineapple etc. I heard they are experimenting on using local spieces to flavour some of the drink. You might get a banana livelave with ginger flavoured...lol. could be an extreme case but have a look on the selves of the distributing liquor outlets and see what they got.

No doubt, its a "less money for maximum benefit " beer. Taim bilong crisis ya, spend a little and get drunk. Best of all, its not home brew or marijuana.

Ms Lucy
Ms Lucy

May 9th, 2006, 1:54 pm #4

hey there,
thanks for the information,

I just tot, ol foody lain at unitech might have a better idea, since they're doing food tech,,, o mi wrong?

livex
livex

June 17th, 2006, 1:03 pm #5

Hey there friendos,,

be fine.

thanks
LK
My Lucy!

Livelave means wildfruits in the unggai language(RIERAE). Fermented wild fruit are mixed with a little dose of marijuane making it one of the most consumed alcohol for all druggies in and around EHP..

I can tell yu more as the factory is just a stone throw form my village. What! yu duing a research or final yia project. there are option where I can take you to that are to know more about it. infact the owner of the factory is my inlaw.

Get in touch.. my mail supplied,

RIERAE NOKUNONOKUNO