Documentary - "Bikpela Bagarap" 46mins

Documentary - "Bikpela Bagarap" 46mins

May 13th, 2011, 6:26 pm #1

Hi,

I am an Australian indpendent documentary filmmaker.

I have just returned to Melbourne after 3 months in Papua New Guinea, filming my documentary "Bikpela Bagarap" (46mins).

I thought that some of you may be interested in watching the film, and the issues that it raises.

There is a website for the film, and the full film can be watched there - www.bikpelabagarap.com

SYNOPSIS - Bikpela Bagarap reveals the human face of logging in Sandaun Province, Papua New Guinea. The story is told through the voice of regular villagers, without narration. It is a tale of exploitation and broken promises, where local people are treated as second-rate citizens in their own country by Malaysian logging companies and corrupt politicians. Customary landowners are forced into signing documents they dont understand, for the promise of development - fresh water, health and education, but these essential services are rarely provided. Instead, their traditional hunting ground is destroyed, waterways polluted, and their traditional way of life ruined forever.

If you find the film interesting, please feel free to "spread the word" by forwarding on the website to all of your friends,

David Fedele

Stret toka
Stret toka

May 13th, 2011, 10:16 pm #2

Thanks David....exellent doco! I will definately forward it! Try blog sites as well eg Mallum Nalu, ex-kiap etc.

Do you have plans to make any other doco's in png?

'Bikpela teniku' for takling a sensitive issue.

Welpam
Welpam

May 13th, 2011, 11:50 pm #3

Hi,

I have just returned to Melbourne after 3 months in Papua New Guinea, filming my documentary "Bikpela Bagarap" (46mins).

I thought that some of you may be interested in watching the film, and the issues that it raises.

There is a website for the film, and the full film can be watched there - www.bikpelabagarap.com

SYNOPSIS - Bikpela Bagarap reveals the human face of logging in Sandaun Province, Papua New Guinea. The story is told through the voice of regular villagers, without narration. It is a tale of exploitation and broken promises, where local people are treated as second-rate citizens in their own country by Malaysian logging companies and corrupt politicians. Customary landowners are forced into signing documents they dont understand, for the promise of development - fresh water, health and education, but these essential services are rarely provided. Instead, their traditional hunting ground is destroyed, waterways polluted, and their traditional way of life ruined forever.

If you find the film interesting, please feel free to "spread the word" by forwarding on the website to all of your friends,

David Fedele
David..I liked it. I have forwarded the link to 125 of my contacts all over the country.

Lukim
Lukim

May 15th, 2011, 9:13 am #4

Hi,

David Fedele
Good doco..

June 22nd, 2011, 10:00 pm #5

Hi,

David Fedele
Hi David,

How can i receive a copy of the documentry?

Thanks

1 big suggestion
1 big suggestion

July 9th, 2011, 3:56 am #6

Hi,

David Fedele
David, this may come as a surprise to you but Papua New Guineans usually cannot afford the high prices of paying per megabyte to watch films streamed on the internet. If you really care for PNG and getting the information out, you will make copies available for actual downloading, after which they will automatically spread widely through the student population of the country, especially.

Otherwise, expect your film to only be seen by a few PNG elite and not ever reach the educated masses.

Thanks.