Digicel 3g sucks

Digicel 3g sucks

Naiko
Naiko

June 15th, 2011, 3:57 am #1

Please,

I hate to say this but the digicel new modem 3G is very slow and a reap off....please find something better and faster...

digifan
Naiko land

NIPS
NIPS

June 20th, 2011, 2:07 pm #2

I guess both companies are conning us then. I use telinet, but to say the truth, its often awful. Signal cuts out all the time, even though I'm in the middle of the city. Broadband speed very erratic.

These companies are just using the empty space between mobile phone traffic for internet, I think. Maybe that's why the signal goes up and down so much.

It sounds like both Digicel and Telikom have pulled the bag over us with their false promises of really fast internet.

Memkit
Memkit

July 4th, 2011, 9:16 pm #3

Please,

I hate to say this but the digicel new modem 3G is very slow and a reap off....please find something better and faster...

digifan
Naiko land
Guys just a suggestion. You can use the telikom modem around 7 mile. Its very fast there for some reason.

Tata

tuks
tuks

July 6th, 2011, 1:32 am #4

Probably not enough customers in that area using it yet. These broadband carriers tell us how fast their services are but only if one person has access to the full broadband. The moment more people start using it, the service gets slower and slower.

User 7
User 7

July 11th, 2011, 11:16 am #5

I guess both companies are conning us then. I use telinet, but to say the truth, its often awful. Signal cuts out all the time, even though I'm in the middle of the city. Broadband speed very erratic.

These companies are just using the empty space between mobile phone traffic for internet, I think. Maybe that's why the signal goes up and down so much.

It sounds like both Digicel and Telikom have pulled the bag over us with their false promises of really fast internet.
Yu tok tru. I'm on the horrible telinet now in POM. Its disconnected heaps of time tonight and that happens too often. Haven't tried Digicel but Telinet is definitely a mess!

PNG owned seems to mean Inferior Product
PNG owned seems to mean Inferior Product

July 12th, 2011, 8:55 am #6

Digicel is gonna completely trample Telikom cuz as usual Telikom proves itself incompetent in competing.

1-Digicel internet has come pretty close to matching the price of Telinet. Digicel night rate is basically the same as Telinet rate per megabyte - 25t.
2-Right now you can buy a Digicel modem at nearly every Digicel shop yet where do you get the Telinet modem? Only at a Telikom office and you have to fill out a big form. No form required at Digicel.
3-Digicel flexcard works for either internet or calling. Telikom has its own special Raitkad for telinet only and where can you buy it? Not many places. Thus Digicel wins in convenience and that in the end that will probably be the factor that really allows Digicel to pass by Telinet.

BTW I don't know about Digicel being that much faster than Telinet but certainly Telinet isn't any faster than Digicel. I count that as a draw.

Telinet Rocks!
Telinet Rocks!

July 12th, 2011, 11:36 am #7

Is Telinet's super speed 100Mbps, 20Mps, 10 Mbps, 4Mps to companies like PNG Sustainable Development, Air Niugini, Curtain Brothers, LNG contractors at Motukea and other high value customers any match to a "wireless" only dealer like Digicel?

Now Telinet's 3G internet coverage is much wider and is available in more than 15 sites.

In the game of Internet, Digicel is a new kid...... no match to Telinet/Telikom's fiber based networks.

dot com
dot com

July 13th, 2011, 7:33 pm #8

Please,

digifan
Naiko land
Whats been happening is that when you buy your telinet modem, the helpful sales person at telikom enters in the user name and password. Unknown to you, they're recording it later because the Telikom salesperson KNOWS that you can enter that same user name and password into ANY Telinet modem and steal megabytes off the original owner's account.

Why on earth did the stupid Telikom not have the brains to figure out that scam and design the system to prevent the thefts of megabytes? As it is, the Telikom salesperson doesn't have to use the megabytes themselves, they can sell the megabytes of others at steep discounts.

And what can the poor Telinet modem owner do about it? Complaints will fall on deaf ears!

MAG
MAG

July 13th, 2011, 10:14 pm #9

NOT happy to hear this news.......

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 14th, 2011, 12:56 pm #10

Whats been happening is that when you buy your telinet modem, the helpful sales person at telikom enters in the user name and password. Unknown to you, they're recording it later because the Telikom salesperson KNOWS that you can enter that same user name and password into ANY Telinet modem and steal megabytes off the original owner's account.

Why on earth did the stupid Telikom not have the brains to figure out that scam and design the system to prevent the thefts of megabytes? As it is, the Telikom salesperson doesn't have to use the megabytes themselves, they can sell the megabytes of others at steep discounts.

And what can the poor Telinet modem owner do about it? Complaints will fall on deaf ears!
more digicel propoganda! Its false. The passwords are tied to the actual modems. You cant use the same password and id on different modems. Typical digicel propoganda!