Congratulations, Tony Smare - 'New" Placer Dome Niugini GM - Govt Relations

Congratulations, Tony Smare - 'New" Placer Dome Niugini GM - Govt Relations

Congrats
Congrats

October 7th, 2005, 1:59 pm #1

Finance Weekend Edition Fri-Sun 7th-9th October, 2005 - Post Courier
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Temu farewelled

PLACER Dome Niugini last night farewelled its government relations general manager Dr Ila Temu who is bound to head Placer Dome Group’s Tanzania operations.

Dr Temu has been replaced by well known Papua New Guinea barrister Anthony Smare, who has been appointed as the new Placer Dome Niugini general manager of government relations.

------------------ Congratulations are in Order -----------------------------

@Wama
7 Oct 2005

Brat
Brat

October 7th, 2005, 2:38 pm #2

CONGRATULATIONS,

The sky is the limit and the Kumul is flying. I am sure it is only the beginning of more to come.Keep the stream of inspiration running!

God bless

Brat

Vendaman
Vendaman

October 8th, 2005, 12:47 am #3

Temu farewelled

PLACER Dome Niugini last night farewelled its government relations general manager Dr Ila Temu who is bound to head Placer Dome Group’s Tanzania operations.

Dr Temu has been replaced by well known Papua New Guinea barrister Anthony Smare, who has been appointed as the new Placer Dome Niugini general manager of government relations.

@Wama
7 Oct 2005
Tony,

You have done extremely well in this short pace of time as a young man and am not surprised to see you heading this new role.

Just as other friends have said, 'Keep the Kumul flag flying'.

Cheerio big bro!

skantha
skantha

October 8th, 2005, 2:14 am #4

Temu farewelled

@Wama
7 Oct 2005
Congratulations Tony! I'll drink to that in Hawaii.

Solomon

AY
AY

October 8th, 2005, 2:39 am #5

Temu farewelled

@Wama
7 Oct 2005
Brada,

You're a shooting star. Congratulations.

Congratulations also to Dr. Temu.

Anthony

Sumatin
Sumatin

October 8th, 2005, 4:07 am #6

Temu farewelled

@Wama
7 Oct 2005
Congratulations Anthony Smare!
Indeed the sky is the limit. You're an inspiration to some of us still trying to get there.

CR
CR

October 10th, 2005, 4:29 am #7

Big Bro Congrats!! To have a position like this at 30 years old is a big achievement! You are doing Aitape proud!!

Camilus R.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 10th, 2005, 6:09 am #8

I see Anthony Smare, more of a nationalist and broad minded intellectual than many educated PNGeans out there.

We need more of Anthony's mind-set permeating, penetrating and holding onto responsible positions both within the private and public sectors.

Congratulations AS.

Kaim Ultange
Port Moresby

Laz
Laz

October 10th, 2005, 8:16 am #9

Temu farewelled

@Wama
7 Oct 2005
Congrats Tony,

Well deserved.

Laz

A.S
A.S

October 11th, 2005, 9:39 am #10

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for the kind words. I am excited about the new role as it allows me greater influence to continue to contribute to the development of PNG through Placer's activities in the mining sector. Some people were surprised that I would leave a partnership at Allens Arthur Robinson, however you need to move to where you feel challenged and you think you can grow as a person and develop your skills, and I though a move to a senior management role with PlacerDome at age 31 was probably the rght move.

What many people don't know is that Placer Dome, one of the world's largest mining companies, was actually created back in the early 1930's to find gold in the placer alluvial deposits in the Wau/Bulolo goldfields and it has retained its involvement with PNG since then, even though now it has grown to a company that has some 17 gold mines in 7 different countries.

It will certainly be an interesting time for me, not least trying to step into the shoes of an outstanding Papua New Guinean, Dr Ila Temu, who is heading to Tanzania to be country manager of PlacerDome Tanzania (PLacerDome has only 7 country heads).

I look forward to continuing my discourse with other young minds over the course of the next few years through this board and particularly through the forums and activities set up by the Kumul Foundation.

Regards

Anthony Smare
asmare@pngscape.com