Asian Invasion of PNG

Asian Invasion of PNG

eagleblue
eagleblue

October 20th, 2004, 11:24 pm #1

I would like to know genuine opinions, views and concerns from Papua New Guineans about the latest trend of events following the crack down of illegal horse racing machines and criminal activities in Port Moresby and other centres of PNG by the Asian nationalities.
There are a whole lot of criminal activities that are conducted by these people with and without the help of PNG nationals, such as:
- - bribing officials, running brothels, hirring hit-men to kill PNG officials, facilitating horse race gaming, money laundering, crime syndicate, tax evasion, etc, etc, etc,......
A very good number of these people do not have proper immigration approvals or documents to be in this country and they don't even have any professional qualifications to work at a professional level to leave behind something tangible for the country to appreciate once they have gone. Instead, they appear to add on the already alarmingly accumulating national woes.

My message is that for those of you PNG nationals who are behind these activities in one way or the other for your own greed and wealth, do you ever consider the majority of the country's populace plus other dignified hard-working PNGeans? Do you know that you are slowly being lured into throwing your own country PNG - a unique place in the whole wide world you call home everyday down the sewage pipe? Do you have any sense of guilt at all?

My heart cries for my beloved PNG - land of a thousand languages, tribes, cultures, and traditions ...
This is one person's (myself) opinion regarding the latest events in PNG and I am sorry if this message offends someone.

eagleblue

@WAMA
@WAMA

October 21st, 2004, 7:30 am #2

Eagleblue,

3 things happened which has had dramatic and caused far-reaching ills in PNG's once sharing, caring, giving, and communal spirit-led societies;

1. The aliens brough in and thought us corruption which is eating away at the core and marrow of PNG society, instututions, and people.

2. We are told we can't do business, and that we do not have the patience, skill and business acumen to run small businesses successfully.

3. We allowed (and did not prevent) the aleins to expand businesses into reserved areas and new areas where we could, over time, develop competence to do it ourselves. I consider (said this 6 years agos!!) allowing the aliens develop and expand supermarkets chains (throughout PNG) selling imported 'junk' merchandize was a grave mistake. It forever killed or drove small and mediumscale business owner's, e.g. tucker shop, trade stores out of business. The Papindo and TST supermarket chains are cases in point.

2 things are certain to occur if the current trends persist;

1. PNGean's must become 2nd class citizens in their own country swarmed by aliens, if its's not already happening, and

2. All businesses (including exodus of foreign currency) will be owned by alien, and we must become passive observer's, and forever remain slaves (employed laborer's).

@Wama
21 Oct 2004

meltops
meltops

October 21st, 2004, 8:49 am #3

One thing I know is PNG is already a Beirut(Lebanon)where guns and grenades can be heard everywhere,crime,etc..people are already suffering

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 21st, 2004, 11:57 am #4

I would like to know genuine opinions, views and concerns from Papua New Guineans about the latest trend of events following the crack down of illegal horse racing machines and criminal activities in Port Moresby and other centres of PNG by the Asian nationalities.
There are a whole lot of criminal activities that are conducted by these people with and without the help of PNG nationals, such as:
- - bribing officials, running brothels, hirring hit-men to kill PNG officials, facilitating horse race gaming, money laundering, crime syndicate, tax evasion, etc, etc, etc,......
A very good number of these people do not have proper immigration approvals or documents to be in this country and they don't even have any professional qualifications to work at a professional level to leave behind something tangible for the country to appreciate once they have gone. Instead, they appear to add on the already alarmingly accumulating national woes.

My message is that for those of you PNG nationals who are behind these activities in one way or the other for your own greed and wealth, do you ever consider the majority of the country's populace plus other dignified hard-working PNGeans? Do you know that you are slowly being lured into throwing your own country PNG - a unique place in the whole wide world you call home everyday down the sewage pipe? Do you have any sense of guilt at all?

My heart cries for my beloved PNG - land of a thousand languages, tribes, cultures, and traditions ...
This is one person's (myself) opinion regarding the latest events in PNG and I am sorry if this message offends someone.

eagleblue
Heard of the Triads?
These people are more organised than we think they are and are part of a larger crime syndicate. PNG is just another part of their operations. Coprruption have however, helped them to establish faster in PNG. One effective way PNG can put a holt to their operation is to weed out corruption and build an effective police force. ECP is a good opportunity to assist PNG meet these challenges.

The slogan "Asian Invasion of PNG" is however, not appropriate, a lot of them are genuine people,many spent so many years in PNG and contributed to PNGs progress. We must also remember that we are part of the Asian region.
These are the work of criminal elemnts not all Asians.

ta.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 23rd, 2004, 2:13 am #5

eagleblue
It is the criminal element that needs to be weeded out and that goes for any nationality

tha_villain
tha_villain

October 25th, 2004, 12:35 am #6

eagleblue
this isn't just about asians, the context is alot more deeper. We shouldn't single out only one race, there are many that contribute. Crime syndicates and anything else you want to put forward...is all good. It's been happening for centuries. What's new?.

The point is why don't we investigate people from the top-down, money makes this world go round..no doubt about that. So WHO let's them in to the places that they get into in the first place?.

Those huge blokes who call themselves MP's...or the white collars who make a living from this?.

It's disgusting....makes me wanna speak another lanuage, and amigo I ain't talking 'bout spanish.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 25th, 2004, 3:05 am #7

what a bunch of crack !

tha_villain
tha_villain

October 25th, 2004, 5:35 am #8

24/7/365 right here yep this were we be...what some folks call the worst city in the world((LMFAO))...and yea, we sniff out more than enough of what can be said here.

what comes after the small fish?.

Jump the line...there's too many people, too complex. And I ain't even going to try argue this one out, is an opinion foe...take it or leave, I don't care.

wilgras
wilgras

February 1st, 2005, 2:55 pm #9

In my opinion they should be allowed to compete with the nationals. Let us have a open door policy towards everyone.

The catch is they are taking advantage of our own corrupt attitudes and ignorance. They are good @ their trade however the govt needs to tighten its grip,,,,,weed out corruption in all places,,then we can succeed in making them conform. Common sense should prevail. Let us clean our backyards before we even point our fingers at aliens.

Folks see the bigger picture then crying over something so small. We looked north and we brought them, now what are we doing? As Bart Philemon says,,PNG will not prosper until we weed out all self serving politicians and civil servants with the honest leaders. Ol leader blong yumi ol money feis tasol.

Tingting tasol

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 9th, 2005, 11:12 pm #10

I couldn't disgaree with you wildgrass.
They are vey smart. They can be good mates too.