Air Niugini set for for a major air disaster

Air Niugini set for for a major air disaster

traveller
traveller

November 8th, 2007, 12:41 am #1

with the recent incidents relating to mechanical faults with the 3 F100 i am worried, the airline company may have lost grip with its operations. what has gone wrong with those aircrafts and why did they occur requires a major investigation by teh authorities. of course if you have a mechanical fault while airbourne there is absolutely no way you can stop and rectify the problem. so in the first place did we have those problems. coincidentally i was on one of the flights (i think PX 202 or PX 203) that went to Kimbe. this plane is now sitting at hoskins and it has been said it will take 2 weeks to fix teh rpoblem. some 30 mins into the flight, there was a suddest burst of noise emanating from one of teh aircrafts engine. everyone seemed calm including teh air stewards but i wasn't. being a frequent traveller i know when things are not right with a plane. i think teh aircraft may have lost power as when we approached an area of turbulence the aircraft was rocked violently from side like a dinghy in rough waters. we however anded safely thank God although teh landing itself was also very rough - anyone without a seat belt would have have been thrown right out of their seat. noone mentioned anything about the flight, but to my surprise on my return after the weekend, the plane was still sitting at teh terminal. so i ask teh civil aviation authorities, can you guys investigate and advise the public why those incidents occured? the hoskins incident was a near fatal accident could have cost many lives!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 8th, 2007, 10:12 am #2

I think it is a ticking time bomb, I wonder what the Maintenance Budget is for Air Niugini?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 16th, 2007, 7:55 am #3

I don't question the Airlines Maintenance it is A1 from World Standards. The faults that the Airline Company will be facing in the comming years will be as a result from the secondhand F100 Planes, it is just as simply as if you buy a vehicle from Reliance Motors (Second Hand) in six months time you will be confronted with a machenical problem likewise if you buy a new vehicle from a genuine dealer then you may expect some problems aside from pilot error in at least 4 to 6 years time providing that A1 maintenance service is available. Blame the Airlines Board of Directors which are made up of NA's strongman the owner of Garamut Enterprises Mr Soo. They buy secondhand planes and cut a commission for themselves with Somare Enterprises benefiting too.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2007, 4:39 am #4

The F100s have a life span of 30 years. Air Niugini's F100s are 25 years old and they have remaining useful life of 5 years (maybe some are 4). Problems are expected. This is true fact and is from the horse's mouth.

Our PX engineers are the best - world class.. that's why the wrecks are still flying with no major accidents.

It's the pollies and their cronies who are putting our lives at risk...

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 20th, 2007, 10:38 am #5

Ask your pollies to open the air space to competition like the Telcom industry! Then you will see how good PX management is.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 22nd, 2007, 9:47 pm #6

with the recent incidents relating to mechanical faults with the 3 F100 i am worried, the airline company may have lost grip with its operations. what has gone wrong with those aircrafts and why did they occur requires a major investigation by teh authorities. of course if you have a mechanical fault while airbourne there is absolutely no way you can stop and rectify the problem. so in the first place did we have those problems. coincidentally i was on one of the flights (i think PX 202 or PX 203) that went to Kimbe. this plane is now sitting at hoskins and it has been said it will take 2 weeks to fix teh rpoblem. some 30 mins into the flight, there was a suddest burst of noise emanating from one of teh aircrafts engine. everyone seemed calm including teh air stewards but i wasn't. being a frequent traveller i know when things are not right with a plane. i think teh aircraft may have lost power as when we approached an area of turbulence the aircraft was rocked violently from side like a dinghy in rough waters. we however anded safely thank God although teh landing itself was also very rough - anyone without a seat belt would have have been thrown right out of their seat. noone mentioned anything about the flight, but to my surprise on my return after the weekend, the plane was still sitting at teh terminal. so i ask teh civil aviation authorities, can you guys investigate and advise the public why those incidents occured? the hoskins incident was a near fatal accident could have cost many lives!!
Take a good look at the set of young engineers employed within Air Niugini. Definitely you see a pack of fresh faced juniors parading the tarmac like young school boys and girls in their PE uniforms.

Amongst them, you will see only a couple of older mature engineers. Whatever happened to all those experience Engineers who worked as a team and were so good at their job. The pride of Air Niugini.

You go by the books to maint an aircraft, isnt there always a manual handy to guide you along. The young and unexperienced can easily cause alot of headaches, hiccups, and many many mistakes. Isn't that what Air Niugni is experiencing.

I see experienced Engineers out of job on the streets in the city, Air Niugini does not want them any more because they are far too old. No one is old, with experience you have the best in the field.

Think..... get the best of them back and see Air Niugini operations go back to normal again.

anon
anon

November 23rd, 2007, 12:04 am #7

The problem with Air Niugini is that we have the most unqualified (in terms of knowledge in operations of airlines) and incompetent CEO and BoD, made up of polotical buddies.

anon
anon

March 31st, 2008, 9:21 am #8

air nuigini is an accident waiting to happen. Sorry its an accident that has already happened !! I wonder when its last rites will be announced with it and its crews and various hangers on being despatched into oblivion.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 6th, 2008, 1:02 am #9

Since the day it first started 'PIXIE AIR' (aka Air Nuiguini) has always been an accident waiting to happen. So what's new???

Aviator
Aviator

April 6th, 2008, 10:28 am #10

Some of the young and most ,talented and experienced engineers are now working overseas for bigger airlines and more advanced aircrafts like the A320,B747s,A330s and B777s.The young apprentices are benefiting from their departure in terms of training (pay rise and PX moving the young engineers into supervisory positions.The management does not know how to look after their skilled workers including national pilots in this very competitive global market. Loyalty is one thing but after more than 10 years of service it does not matter. I think sooner or later the young engineers will also leave when they get offers overseas.Its a growing trend in most developing countries for skilled workers.

Aviator