What about the fact that intralipids are soy based? nt.

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 15th, 2012, 5:58 pm #1

Kim
Kim

March 15th, 2012, 6:26 pm #2

Asked below - but how is the intralipids done and cost?

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 15th, 2012, 6:28 pm #3

I think I paid 70 for the product, and 50 copay. Insurance may cover it and I do not have IVF coverage, but I have IUI. Will see when it's processed.

Kim
Kim

March 15th, 2012, 6:52 pm #4

Contemplating using it for my next IVF if it helps. Curious to know if my RE does not do it then can I still use my RE but go elsewhere for the intralipids?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 15th, 2012, 7:50 pm #5

It's very cheap. I paid $25 at Freedom and that was full price as my insurance would not cover the cost of the intralipids. The real cost is in the cost of a nurse administering the transfusion. That was covered in full by my insurance carrier as it's not designated as a fertility treatment. Out of pocket intralipids can cost anywhere from $100- $400 or so dollars per infusion. If you can get your Dr to prescribe it, you can hire a travelling nurse to administer it if your clinic will not do it.

Kim
Kim

March 15th, 2012, 7:56 pm #6

Thanks Dee and BD

Kim
Kim

March 15th, 2012, 7:59 pm #7

It's very cheap. I paid $25 at Freedom and that was full price as my insurance would not cover the cost of the intralipids. The real cost is in the cost of a nurse administering the transfusion. That was covered in full by my insurance carrier as it's not designated as a fertility treatment. Out of pocket intralipids can cost anywhere from $100- $400 or so dollars per infusion. If you can get your Dr to prescribe it, you can hire a travelling nurse to administer it if your clinic will not do it.
Will your RE find one for me? This is administered on ER?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 15th, 2012, 8:08 pm #8

I was a SIRM patient so they did intralipids on site. Check out the following site..I believe that I've read on here that several women used various nurses or centers to get their intralipids:

http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/immune-issues/

If you are in NY...check out the infertility forum at the following site. I know for sure of many women on this site that use nurses that come to their home to administer intralipids:

http://www.lifamilies.com/chat/

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 15th, 2012, 11:12 pm #9

25!!! Why did I pay 75?!!!! nt.

March 15th, 2012, 11:52 pm #10

Ha, I just posted the same thing on the thread below.

Confirmation of reply: