Well.. interesting.. day 7, no crazy bloating..

Well.. interesting.. day 7, no crazy bloating..

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 15th, 2012, 1:32 am #1

Remember how I've been getting this crazy bloating that docs say is progesterone/pms that has been throwing me for pregnancy symptoms EVERY month since I started TTC. Well, this month, no symptoms. I had the dead egg, and no chance of embryo, but I also did intralipids. So is it possible I was conceiving every month (I doubt it), and I really did have symptoms, and now, no egg, no symptoms.. or could the intralipids have calmed my system down???? And it was some immune situation... how am I to know.. frustrating. If intralipids calmed it down.. how long does it last, do I have to do it every cycle??? ugh... moving onto IUI after my last IVF this cycle.. so want to figure it out - although the docs don't care or think it's in issue - I think it is so bad, it has to interfere with implantation.... any thoughts???

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 15th, 2012, 3:42 pm #2

I have no clue as to what is going on but it does make me think you have some sort of immune issue. I guess all we can say since there is no embryo is that either an embryo being present in your uterus is the cause of these issues for you normally or the intralipids simply calmed down your system...embryo or not. Then again..it could be none of the above!! This is all so frustrating....

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 15th, 2012, 3:49 pm #3

Again says - no embryo implanting - doubtful - MAYBE intralipids having an effect like motrin on the NK cells of the uterus. But, he's not all that convinced... but seriously - WTF.... I think the intralipids are calming it.. must be some immune response. Frustrating, because if he let's me do IUI, for my own piece of mind, I may want to do intralipids every cycle too. I don't know if he'll go for it or if it would be good to do so often. I do think it's the reason I'm calm this month. It has to mean something. Very frustrating that they don't know what it is. Well, he says it's hormone fluctuation. Very frustrating that it isn't acknowledged that it could be a problem if there is an embryo there. Thanks, Dee...xoxo BD PS - I still owe you a bday drink - and I'm drinking - so if you want to.. anytime... xoxo

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 15th, 2012, 4:13 pm #4

I'm sure Dr. T could care less if you get intralipids every month. It doesn't involve his services and they make money off of the infusion. Just tell him that this is what you want to do...I bet he will be fine with it. As for that drink..anytime!!

Kim
Kim

March 15th, 2012, 4:14 pm #5

Again says - no embryo implanting - doubtful - MAYBE intralipids having an effect like motrin on the NK cells of the uterus. But, he's not all that convinced... but seriously - WTF.... I think the intralipids are calming it.. must be some immune response. Frustrating, because if he let's me do IUI, for my own piece of mind, I may want to do intralipids every cycle too. I don't know if he'll go for it or if it would be good to do so often. I do think it's the reason I'm calm this month. It has to mean something. Very frustrating that they don't know what it is. Well, he says it's hormone fluctuation. Very frustrating that it isn't acknowledged that it could be a problem if there is an embryo there. Thanks, Dee...xoxo BD PS - I still owe you a bday drink - and I'm drinking - so if you want to.. anytime... xoxo
Dr. C's office used G-CSF on my December mini stim IVF cycle when my lining was only 5mm at retrieval, so they added it to my uterus while I was out for the retrieval. My lining mid-LP was fluffed up to 8-9mm and HH pattern. The G-CSF really helps balance the t-cells out in the uterus - and side effect of fluffing the lining. Many DE patients use the G-CSF and have had successful THB - so the embryo is not rejected and helps thin linings too. You could use what you currently are doing and add in the G-CSF. It's an approved FDA drug but for other uses than fertility.

alima
alima

March 15th, 2012, 4:31 pm #6

How do you know that many DE patients are using this? Did they actually state this to you? I am interested in using G-CSF and have been investigating this. It is expensive though, but worth it if it does thicken my lining.

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 15th, 2012, 4:35 pm #7

I'm sure Dr. T could care less if you get intralipids every month. It doesn't involve his services and they make money off of the infusion. Just tell him that this is what you want to do...I bet he will be fine with it. As for that drink..anytime!!
And let's make a plan soon - Tuesday's and Thursdays are good for me... maybe Saturday's too. xox BD

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 15th, 2012, 4:36 pm #8

Dr. C's office used G-CSF on my December mini stim IVF cycle when my lining was only 5mm at retrieval, so they added it to my uterus while I was out for the retrieval. My lining mid-LP was fluffed up to 8-9mm and HH pattern. The G-CSF really helps balance the t-cells out in the uterus - and side effect of fluffing the lining. Many DE patients use the G-CSF and have had successful THB - so the embryo is not rejected and helps thin linings too. You could use what you currently are doing and add in the G-CSF. It's an approved FDA drug but for other uses than fertility.
Will see how the cycle goes and ask Dr. T. Thanks Kim. xox BD

alima
alima

March 15th, 2012, 4:38 pm #9

Remember how I've been getting this crazy bloating that docs say is progesterone/pms that has been throwing me for pregnancy symptoms EVERY month since I started TTC. Well, this month, no symptoms. I had the dead egg, and no chance of embryo, but I also did intralipids. So is it possible I was conceiving every month (I doubt it), and I really did have symptoms, and now, no egg, no symptoms.. or could the intralipids have calmed my system down???? And it was some immune situation... how am I to know.. frustrating. If intralipids calmed it down.. how long does it last, do I have to do it every cycle??? ugh... moving onto IUI after my last IVF this cycle.. so want to figure it out - although the docs don't care or think it's in issue - I think it is so bad, it has to interfere with implantation.... any thoughts???
Have you ever had an immune workup to see if you have high NKa cells? Cramping around 7dpo usually means the embryo is trying to implant but that it can't for whatever reason, but this cycle you have no embryo so no cramping. I don't know - just throwing out thoughts. The best thing is to get an immune workup - but I know that all these tests and doctor's appts. start to get expensive. Or it could be that the intralipids is calming down your system so it isn't reacting to the progesterone as much, not sure about this either. As far as Dr. T doing intralipid every cycle - I don't see why not. He gets money for the infusion, and the intralipid itself is cheap. I don't think there is any harm to using intralipids every month. It is used for nutrition for young children/babies so it has to be safe.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 15th, 2012, 4:54 pm #10

Will see how the cycle goes and ask Dr. T. Thanks Kim. xox BD
Dr. T knows about it. If you go to the SIRM message boards you will see that many have asked him about it in recent months. Apparantley some promising studies have come out about it's use in recent years. I know that Dr. Braverman is a big fan of Neupogen. One thing, it's almost as expensive as IVIG and may not be covered by most insurance plans. It does seem as though many more people are able to get it covered than they are IVIG. It's worth asking about.

Confirmation of reply: