vent vent vent.

vent vent vent.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 19th, 2012, 3:08 pm #1

I went in for my regular checkup and found out I am iron deficient. I'm reading that iron deficiency can lead to infertility. WTF???? I'm livid. So I've been through 2 years of fertility treatment and no RE has checked this or said anything. Maybe it's THE reason for my infertility and the reason I will not have a child. Seriously, I'm livid right now. I wish I could sue. It seems like malpractice to me to be honest. 60,000 spent, and maybe it's just that. It's possible. Livid.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

June 19th, 2012, 3:58 pm #2

Maybe, but I'm not convinced. I used to live in India. Millions of women in India have babies despite iron deficiency anemia. It's a big health issue there. Tens of millions of Hindus are vegetarians and have trouble getting enough iron.

I was also iron deficient but have been taking iron supplements for years. Unfortunately, my eggs are bad anyway.

anne
anne

June 19th, 2012, 3:59 pm #3

I went in for my regular checkup and found out I am iron deficient. I'm reading that iron deficiency can lead to infertility. WTF???? I'm livid. So I've been through 2 years of fertility treatment and no RE has checked this or said anything. Maybe it's THE reason for my infertility and the reason I will not have a child. Seriously, I'm livid right now. I wish I could sue. It seems like malpractice to me to be honest. 60,000 spent, and maybe it's just that. It's possible. Livid.
that's happened to me too. like no one checked hubby for issues or wanted to check my tubes until i insisted upon it or considered the possibility that i ovulate early on ovidrel.

fact is that most just don't try as hard after you turn 40. i cannot tell you the amount of money i've spent through the years. i really think that if docs had mentioned the coq10 thing back in my late thirties i would have had a child by now.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 19th, 2012, 5:02 pm #4

Maybe, but I'm not convinced. I used to live in India. Millions of women in India have babies despite iron deficiency anemia. It's a big health issue there. Tens of millions of Hindus are vegetarians and have trouble getting enough iron.

I was also iron deficient but have been taking iron supplements for years. Unfortunately, my eggs are bad anyway.
It probably isn't the reason, but it is just frustrating... seems like a simple thing that should have been corrected from the beginning.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 19th, 2012, 5:03 pm #5

that's happened to me too. like no one checked hubby for issues or wanted to check my tubes until i insisted upon it or considered the possibility that i ovulate early on ovidrel.

fact is that most just don't try as hard after you turn 40. i cannot tell you the amount of money i've spent through the years. i really think that if docs had mentioned the coq10 thing back in my late thirties i would have had a child by now.
For what you've been through. Thanks for responding.

June 19th, 2012, 5:38 pm #6

that's not good they didn't check you for it.

My gyn. told me I had it, so I started taking a multi with iron. Didn't know it could cause constipation really bad (was awful)...then some board buds told me iron supplements can can cause it. So now, I have 2 multi-vitamins (1 with iron, 1 without) and I alternate them...also, raisins have alot of iron and red wine (but wer'e not allowed, I know:( here is an article with the top foods for iron.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/top- ... rich-foods

Best to you,
bg

ps....btw, I ordered those supplements that I had mentioned on an earlier thread (ivfherbals) you responded to they came a day too late for me to start this month, so I plan to start next month. I hope they work (dang, they were pricey)....we'll see I guess.

Jamie
Jamie

June 19th, 2012, 5:54 pm #7

YES, iron deficiency can interfere with your body's ability to ovulate . . . maybe that's why your cycles have been long!

June 19th, 2012, 8:49 pm #8

I am sorry that things as simple as a blood test could have been left out on the radar of most REs, that is completely ridiculous!

Btw, since you are already at it, you might as well check your full vitamin panel and all minerals, who knows what other things you can uncover that can be fixed very easily!

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 20th, 2012, 2:23 am #9

I guess they feel if you are taking a prenatal, that would cover you, but it's not covering me... I had a problem a while ago with my iron, but I thought it was because I was taking BA. Off it for a long time and it's still a problem. Could be a cause of my seriously diminishing ovulation. UGH>

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

June 20th, 2012, 4:50 am #10

that totally sucks. just the worst. so sorry.

Confirmation of reply: