Urgent - No pen for my Follistim - how many ml is 75 IU???

Urgent - No pen for my Follistim - how many ml is 75 IU???

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 3rd, 2012, 12:22 am #1

I'm going to inject it with a regular syringe, but I don't know how much translates. Anyone know?

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

March 3rd, 2012, 12:35 am #2

Hopefully Tracy will chime in. But I had a similar issue. Tracy said that 75iu's is equal to .15 or 15 units on an insulin chart. It was just a little amount that I had in an insulin pen. .15 ml's / 15 units as it read on the syringe.

Tracy checked and said it was equal to 75 iu's. I went with it. I think she was right on.

It was the syringe that is skinny and has an orange cap.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

March 3rd, 2012, 12:36 am #3

I was taking the "extra" amount of the follistim pen with an orange capped insulin syringe. It was a small amount and read .15ml's and 15 units on the syringe. I was unsure how that equated to iu's. Tracy's chart that she checked indicated that it was equal to 75 iu's.

I hope that was clearer. Sorry, my brain is a little foggy today.

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 3rd, 2012, 12:41 am #4

I don't have that needle, I just spoke to the pharmacist and she calculated .9 on a 3 ML inject, which she was concerned I would have a hard time with because it's so small. I'm going to try now. Thank you so much for chiming in. Now kick your feet up, Phoebe!!!! xooxo BD

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

March 3rd, 2012, 12:46 am #5

That sure sounds like the right equation. Go get 'em this cycle, BabyDance!

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 3rd, 2012, 12:54 am #6

It's such a small amount, it hardly comes out of my giant needle. I added some more, and now I have no idea how much I actually got. Ugh. At 75, not sure it's a major problem anyway... hmmmmmmmmmm. Hope I'm ok..

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

March 3rd, 2012, 1:02 am #7

A little more can't hurt. Or a little less. Tomorrow you'll get it right on the mark! I'm hoping your pharmacy can get you a pen tomorrow? Or your RE's office - they always have samples and with them come the pens.

I wouldn't worry. Well, I would because I worry about most things. But, you know what I mean. Don't sweat a bit more or a bit less.

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 3rd, 2012, 1:06 am #8

Not sure I will have the pen tomorrow either, but I should do what it takes to get one. I can't believe I did that - I packed up everything perfectly, all my vitamins, and all the meds, and didn't forget anything else this morning at 6 am. GRRRRRRRRRRR....

March 3rd, 2012, 3:33 am #9

I was taking the "extra" amount of the follistim pen with an orange capped insulin syringe. It was a small amount and read .15ml's and 15 units on the syringe. I was unsure how that equated to iu's. Tracy's chart that she checked indicated that it was equal to 75 iu's.

I hope that was clearer. Sorry, my brain is a little foggy today.
1.5 on the little lupron, orange capped insulin syringe is just a tad over 75 IU of follistim.
BD, maybe you can get insulin syringes. That would be easier to deal with since is is smaller.

xo, Tracy

smrc
smrc

March 3rd, 2012, 4:06 am #10

I'm going to inject it with a regular syringe, but I don't know how much translates. Anyone know?
if you wanted to figure out a way to hand it off to you tomorrow (It would have to be tomorrow morning). Send me an email by 9am if you need it. Sounds like you figured out things for tonight! GL.

Confirmation of reply: