Update-(preg,m/c mtd)

Update-(preg,m/c mtd)

December 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm #1

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately, the news is not good. My baby is not going to make it. Dr. T basically felt that way for awhile and my perinatologist was more optimistic. Sadly, earlier this week Dr. T said that he was 99.9 % sure that I would miscarry or that their was a chromosomal abnormality due to the baby measuring behind by up to two weeks and a very slow heart beat. The perinatologist confirmed Dr. T's findings this morning and I will have a D & C on Monday.

So..my journey with my own eggs is over. I did all that I could and now it's time to move on. I have had one consult re: donor eggs and have gone to an adoption seminar. Right now...in all honesty..I don't want to be bothered with either option, but I know that this is just the sadness talking. Although DE was going to be my next option..the thought of doing another IVF..even if it's just an ET just turns my stomach right now..let alone HPT's, betas and ultrasounds. I may or may not feel differently in the coming months. We shall see.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the prayers, thoughts and kindness. You ladies are beyond wonderful and have been a wonderful source of strength for me. I wish for all of us that we get our babies to us as soon as possible..in whatever way possible..as this IF thing is beyond hard.
Last edited by DeeinNYC on December 2nd, 2011, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 2nd, 2011, 8:07 pm #2

This news is just heartbreaking. I hope you will find peace in the coming months and there is no need or hurry to make any further decisions right now. I wish you well.

December 2nd, 2011, 8:09 pm #3

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately, the news is not good. My baby is not going to make it. Dr. T basically felt that way for awhile and my perinatologist was more optimistic. Sadly, earlier this week Dr. T said that he was 99.9 % sure that I would miscarry or that their was a chromosomal abnormality due to the baby measuring behind by up to two weeks and a very slow heart beat. The perinatologist confirmed Dr. T's findings this morning and I will have a D & C on Monday.

So..my journey with my own eggs is over. I did all that I could and now it's time to move on. I have had one consult re: donor eggs and have gone to an adoption seminar. Right now...in all honesty..I don't want to be bothered with either option, but I know that this is just the sadness talking. Although DE was going to be my next option..the thought of doing another IVF..even if it's just an ET just turns my stomach right now..let alone HPT's, betas and ultrasounds. I may or may not feel differently in the coming months. We shall see.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the prayers, thoughts and kindness. You ladies are beyond wonderful and have been a wonderful source of strength for me. I wish for all of us that we get our babies to us as soon as possible..in whatever way possible..as this IF thing is beyond hard.
Just take care of yourself right now. You will be better able to choose next steps once you have healed. I wish I knew just what to say to make you feel better. Please e-mail me if you need anything or just want to talk.

xoxo,

Tracy

December 2nd, 2011, 8:37 pm #4

Hi ladies,

The journey is so difficult. I'm sorry you are going through this.

Anon10
Anon10

December 2nd, 2011, 8:39 pm #5

Hi ladies,

Dee my heart goes out to you and your DH. Sending you big hugs in this time of sadness. xo

December 2nd, 2011, 9:34 pm #6

Hi ladies,

I am just heartbroken for you.

December 2nd, 2011, 9:35 pm #7

Hi ladies,

and will always be an inspiration for me. Whichever way you choose, you will never regret this journey you took, because life is really about trying our best regardless of what cards we are dealt with. Please keep us updated.

Btw, is there any reason why you couldn't try on your own naturally?

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

December 2nd, 2011, 10:22 pm #8

Hi ladies,

Damn, Dee. It's hard to know what to say. Like Babydance, I consider you one of my NYGirl peeps, and I know how much you've put into this. And I know how much IF sucks.

But I also know that where you've got the will to be a mom, you'll find the way to be a mom. Take a nice break now, grieve a bit, collect your thoughts, treat yourself well, and then follow your own guides as to the next best step. Lord knows there are many wonderful women on these boards who've become moms in every possible way, and they're here for you when you're ready.

Big hugs, honey. We're rooting for you. xoxoxChix

December 2nd, 2011, 11:42 pm #9

Hi ladies,

My heart goes out to you, I am so sorry to hear your news. I am so deeply sorry.

Take time for yourself and your heart.

Sending you love and hugs
Julie

Sara H (from the other board)
Sara H (from the other board)

December 2nd, 2011, 11:47 pm #10

Hi ladies,

This is so unfair.

I can't say anything more than the lovely words said by the ladies already, it is just what I would have written, too.

Maybe, when you are ready, other paths will seem more inviting.

I am so sorry you are going though this and I wish there was something we could do to help.

Just know we love you and are so sorry.

Hugs to you,
Sara H

Confirmation of reply: