Update on Bleeding

Update on Bleeding

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 8th, 2011, 10:37 pm #1

All I can say ladies is...always trust your intuition. Bottom line, I have a huge blood clot in my uterus and will have a hysterocopy tomorrow morning. Unreal. The Gyno said it was likely due to stress and could not be so bothered to do another u/s because in her words..it would show nothing since I had just had one last week and a saline u/s about 3-4 weeks earlier!! The background is in a thread below. Long story short..I am still bleeding as of today...day 5 of this bleeding after my period ended. Dr. T will clean out the area tomorrow and see what is going on. He asked me if I had taken a pregnancy test.I had not because I had my period and didn't think I could be pregnant. Did one when I got home...BFN.

Anyway, he first examined the cervix and vagina and found that neither was the source of the bleeding. He then did an u/s and found the clot. He said that the clot could be the result of a embryo that did not implant properly, a fibroid although I don't have any inside of my uterus or something else. I feel soooo much better now knowing the source of the blood instead of imiagining the worse. I just got so scared yesterday when a huge amount of clotted blood and material expelled.

I also told him about the bad SHG and all of the blood I loss then and the nurse remembered it as well. It seems the other Dr. used an instrument whose name I forget which can cause damamge to the uterus according to Dr. T. Ay, yay...yay. He doesn't think it's anything awful...but he will not know until he takes a look. He said my planned IVF cycle can still go off as planned or may have to be delayed...it depends what he finds. Thanks ladies for giving me support through this. Much appreciated.

sch1star
sch1star

September 8th, 2011, 11:21 pm #2

You said it about instincts and you are a very smart woman! Sending wishes that all is well and you will be able to proceed with your cycle as planned. Please update when you can. Thinking of you!

September 8th, 2011, 11:23 pm #3

All I can say ladies is...always trust your intuition. Bottom line, I have a huge blood clot in my uterus and will have a hysterocopy tomorrow morning. Unreal. The Gyno said it was likely due to stress and could not be so bothered to do another u/s because in her words..it would show nothing since I had just had one last week and a saline u/s about 3-4 weeks earlier!! The background is in a thread below. Long story short..I am still bleeding as of today...day 5 of this bleeding after my period ended. Dr. T will clean out the area tomorrow and see what is going on. He asked me if I had taken a pregnancy test.I had not because I had my period and didn't think I could be pregnant. Did one when I got home...BFN.

Anyway, he first examined the cervix and vagina and found that neither was the source of the bleeding. He then did an u/s and found the clot. He said that the clot could be the result of a embryo that did not implant properly, a fibroid although I don't have any inside of my uterus or something else. I feel soooo much better now knowing the source of the blood instead of imiagining the worse. I just got so scared yesterday when a huge amount of clotted blood and material expelled.

I also told him about the bad SHG and all of the blood I loss then and the nurse remembered it as well. It seems the other Dr. used an instrument whose name I forget which can cause damamge to the uterus according to Dr. T. Ay, yay...yay. He doesn't think it's anything awful...but he will not know until he takes a look. He said my planned IVF cycle can still go off as planned or may have to be delayed...it depends what he finds. Thanks ladies for giving me support through this. Much appreciated.
I just read through your older post (was away during this time and am just getting around to reading older posts) but all I can say is good thing you trusted your intuition. I do think your SHG had something to do with this. I am surprised that the other RE would have used an instrument like this - this is where I really believe experience comes in big time. I am so glad you got Dr. T to look at what was going on. Good luck with the hysteroscopy. I hope everything goes well with that!

Seabiscuit
Seabiscuit

September 8th, 2011, 11:44 pm #4

Finally, you got some answers!! Good grief! This has been so stressful for you, but you've been a real trooper. We'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping for a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery!!

Seabiscuit
Seabiscuit

September 8th, 2011, 11:55 pm #5

p.s. Any talk of putting you on an antibiotic now or post procedure? You never mentioned a fever or signs of infection, but this seems like a good thing to ask about. Might be standard procedure post hysteroscopy. Can't remember.

September 9th, 2011, 12:55 am #6

At least you know why! The blood clot will resolve by itself, but it may get in the way of implantation. I guess you will just wait it out. The good news is, it is usually gone within days, so that you can get back on track soon. Good luck.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 9th, 2011, 1:11 am #7

p.s. Any talk of putting you on an antibiotic now or post procedure? You never mentioned a fever or signs of infection, but this seems like a good thing to ask about. Might be standard procedure post hysteroscopy. Can't remember.
He didn't mention it but I will be sure to ask him about it tomorrow if they don't bring it up. As usual...thanks for the help.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 9th, 2011, 1:12 am #8

Thanks ladies!! n/t

juliemam
juliemam

September 9th, 2011, 10:53 am #9

I was thinking about you and while I am steaming mad at that Dr, I am feeling relieved that you do know what the heck is going on. Glad your Dr T is taking steps to fix/explore and in a speedy fashion.

hang in there and good luck and GOOD on ya for following your instincts.
hugs
jm

September 9th, 2011, 1:37 pm #10

Dee, so sorry to hear there's something they have to go and investigate, but glad someone is taking you seriously and actually going to do something to resolve it...
What a lot to go through ....and what a time to have it happen ! Good luck that it is easily addressed and that you don't have to delay your cycle......

al.

Confirmation of reply: