Untitled

Untitled

2nd U.S. (m.c. ment. – venting, child mentd)
2nd U.S. (m.c. ment. – venting, child mentd)

August 16th, 2011, 6:12 pm #1

So I went in for u.s. on Friday, Aug 6th @ 9 weeks, 2 days and Baby B had demised. Its been the toughest two weeks in a long time, especially with every other person at work going off on maternity leave. My R.E. recommended a D&C so we can get some genetic testing and my OB was nice enough to schedule it the following day on Saturday, Aug 7th.

I am really questioning myself and wondering what to do next.. am I trying to beat nature and achieve the impossible twins at 44 years with OE was quite an achievement according to RE but what good is that if you dont carry them to term. The weird thing is that even through the mourning period I was ready to get right back on the bandwagon because I just feel soooooo time barred, and have already lost 8 months this year with a chemical pg and a miscarriage under my belt. What are the chances REALLY that there is still one good egg and why cant I just let it go. I am even questioning whether there really are any benefits to IVF and all the hormones vs TTC naturally though I dont understand why I have never had a BFP while trying naturally. So far Ive had a miscarriage at 4 weeks in 2007 @ 40yrs, a miscarriage at 12 weeks in 2008 @ 41 yrs, a BFP with DS in 2009 @ 42 yrs (after DE speech), 2 failed IUIs in 2010, a Chemical in Feb, 2011 @ 44yrs and a miscarriage of twins in Aug 2011 @ 44 yrs. All were IUIs except 1st 2 with Clomid, rest with injectibles and last 2 this year which were ivf. I had an HSG that was fine in 2008 before conceiving DS and I had some uterine scar tissue that was removed during mock transfers earlier this year. RE was trying to avoid surgery which would further delay my attempts at getting pg so he just pushed his way through using catheters to remove the adhesions quite painful but quick used Valium prior to procedures.

I must say that after having read the posts on these boards, I added COQ10, Reservertrol(sp), Vit D3 and B12 to my folic acid and prenatal vits regimen for 2nd IVF in addition to DHEA which I had started on 1st IVF and the there was a great improvement on embryo quality. I only made 5 embies both times but went from 2 6 cell, 2 4 cell and a 2 cell during 1st ivf to 2 8 cell, 2 6 cell, and a 4 cell during 2nd ivf.

I am going to stick to the above regimen but would like any ideas on other things to add for the remaining 3 months of the year because I need to wait until Oct to try again after D&C. I have seen talk about preseed but have no idea what it does.

Congratulations to all who have graduated to the pink board and All the Best to those of you who are still trying..

August 16th, 2011, 8:17 pm #2

first child at 42 and still going strong at 44. The fact that you could even be pregnant with twin (although briefly) is an extremely positive sign!

I would add omega 3 to your list (only the Nordic Natural brand).

anne
anne

August 16th, 2011, 8:41 pm #3

So I went in for u.s. on Friday, Aug 6th @ 9 weeks, 2 days and Baby B had demised. Its been the toughest two weeks in a long time, especially with every other person at work going off on maternity leave. My R.E. recommended a D&C so we can get some genetic testing and my OB was nice enough to schedule it the following day on Saturday, Aug 7th.

I am really questioning myself and wondering what to do next.. am I trying to beat nature and achieve the impossible twins at 44 years with OE was quite an achievement according to RE but what good is that if you dont carry them to term. The weird thing is that even through the mourning period I was ready to get right back on the bandwagon because I just feel soooooo time barred, and have already lost 8 months this year with a chemical pg and a miscarriage under my belt. What are the chances REALLY that there is still one good egg and why cant I just let it go. I am even questioning whether there really are any benefits to IVF and all the hormones vs TTC naturally though I dont understand why I have never had a BFP while trying naturally. So far Ive had a miscarriage at 4 weeks in 2007 @ 40yrs, a miscarriage at 12 weeks in 2008 @ 41 yrs, a BFP with DS in 2009 @ 42 yrs (after DE speech), 2 failed IUIs in 2010, a Chemical in Feb, 2011 @ 44yrs and a miscarriage of twins in Aug 2011 @ 44 yrs. All were IUIs except 1st 2 with Clomid, rest with injectibles and last 2 this year which were ivf. I had an HSG that was fine in 2008 before conceiving DS and I had some uterine scar tissue that was removed during mock transfers earlier this year. RE was trying to avoid surgery which would further delay my attempts at getting pg so he just pushed his way through using catheters to remove the adhesions quite painful but quick used Valium prior to procedures.

I must say that after having read the posts on these boards, I added COQ10, Reservertrol(sp), Vit D3 and B12 to my folic acid and prenatal vits regimen for 2nd IVF in addition to DHEA which I had started on 1st IVF and the there was a great improvement on embryo quality. I only made 5 embies both times but went from 2 6 cell, 2 4 cell and a 2 cell during 1st ivf to 2 8 cell, 2 6 cell, and a 4 cell during 2nd ivf.

I am going to stick to the above regimen but would like any ideas on other things to add for the remaining 3 months of the year because I need to wait until Oct to try again after D&C. I have seen talk about preseed but have no idea what it does.

Congratulations to all who have graduated to the pink board and All the Best to those of you who are still trying..
if you are getting fertilization and implantation you are ahead of most of us. it's only if you can stand the emotional rollercoaster. i would give it as long as i could possibly stand.

BabyDance
BabyDance

August 16th, 2011, 9:44 pm #4

You have every reason to believe you can get pregnant again, with your history, any which way you decide to proceed. I suppose your best bet would be to do IVF while you are still 44. That way you will get the most eggs fertilized possible, at least the knowledge that they fertilized, whereas with IUI, you just won't know, or natural. It is still reasonable to think that one of those eggs will be good, IMHO, through IVF until you are 45. If I were able to get more then one egg and I had the resources, I would keep going with IVF (I do not), but it sounds like you do. The facts are the facts, and there are virtually no IVF successes after 45 (although there are a few, from what I've read - I don't say this to hurt anyone here, just saying what I've read), but there are more at 44. So if you have the will, if it were me, I'd keep doing IVF until 45. Then after that, I'd do IUI's and back it up with natural until 46. I know on the high fsh stats, there is one 47 success. And you hear stories up to 51, but personally, the stories I know of first hand after 45 are not good stories, so I sort of give myself 45 as a cutoff. I often think of stopping now because of personal problems, sperm problems, egg problems, but if I didn't have as many obstacles, I certainly would keep going to 45, especially if I had DH support of my wishes (I do not). If you do, and you can hack it, why not keep going? I hope this was ok for me to say all of this, I personally think it's important to mix facts along with your will to keep going.

So sorry for your loss and please let us know how you are doing and what you decide. XOXO BD

August 17th, 2011, 1:33 am #5

Is it different from the DHA in prenatals? Babydance no offense taken @ all

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

August 17th, 2011, 1:38 am #6

First of all...I'm so sorry for your loss. Despite what happened..I think it's a very good sign that you were able to get pregnant at 44 with twins. As long as you know the odds for our age...and you are willing to give it a shot...I say go for it!! As for additional supps...I added Melatonin, Inositol and Vitamin D to my last fresh IVF and had great results. Do a search of all of these on these boards..I've written about them as well as others. Good luck to you!!

August 19th, 2011, 7:16 pm #7

Is it different from the DHA in prenatals? Babydance no offense taken @ all
cannot manufacture, and it only comes in some sources like flaxseed, Salmon (only wild) etc.

It is vital to fertility. Lots of infertile women are so because they lack essential fatty acids.

Confirmation of reply: