trigger tonight or tomorrow?

trigger tonight or tomorrow?

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

May 28th, 2012, 8:39 pm #1

Today is day 12. U/s shows two follicles, one at 17.2 and one at 18.something

I did not use stims exactly, but went off estrogen on day 1 which allowed my own high FSH to rise quickly and give the follicles a boost. Then I added 75 units gonal-f daily the last few days when my FSH was decreasing due to a rise in estogen.

I did not do bloods this cycle but my estrogen always rises very well.

I recall that MIR seemed to indicate that smaller follicles are more viable in older women, although I don't know if that applies in a "natural" (sort of) cycle.

Grateful for any advice on triggering tonight versus tomorrow. Many thanks.

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

May 28th, 2012, 9:28 pm #2

hi antonialisa!
i'm glad to hear of your two follicles and how they are neck in neck to be your golden egg. i don't know about what is best size wise, but i think in a natural cycle they'd probably not ovulate until they were a little bigger. anyway, how about taking the middle of the road and split the difference and trigger tomorrow morning?
good luck, i'm rooting for you!

summerwind03
summerwind03

May 28th, 2012, 9:37 pm #3

I did not use stims exactly, but went off estrogen on day 1 which allowed my own high FSH to rise quickly and give the follicles a boost. Then I added 75 units gonal-f daily the last few days when my FSH was decreasing due to a rise in estogen.

I recall that MIR seemed to indicate that smaller follicles are more viable in older women, although I don't know if that applies in a "natural" (sort of) cycle.

unless you think you might ovulate on your own. If it would be more convenient for you, I think tonight would be ok too.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

May 29th, 2012, 1:07 am #4

I will take your advice and trigger tomorrow morning.

Good luck to you as well!

May 29th, 2012, 1:42 am #5

certainly not more than 20. 40+ on Clomid trigger when LH rises, but if LH stays low, trigger at 20-22.

smrc
smrc

May 29th, 2012, 3:01 am #6

tomorrow (even later in the day?) sounds like the right day to trigger. great that you have 2 in the running. fingers crossed for you! SMRC

Kim
Kim

May 29th, 2012, 2:26 pm #7

I just had one that was 17mm the afternoon of trigger that was retrieved and not mature. Seems like anything 19mm+ was mature for me. I would trigger the following night.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 29th, 2012, 3:36 pm #8

I appreciate the support.

Good luck to all!

jkl
jkl

May 29th, 2012, 5:14 pm #9

if you are using your natural FSH (or on clomid), the follicles should be bigger, over 20 (studies show you don't normally ovulate until follicles are over 20). But with FSH stims, you should trigger at around 18. So not sure what would be right for you since you used a bit of stims...I would wait to tomorrow to make sure that other one is over 18. GL

jkl

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

May 29th, 2012, 6:22 pm #10

I appreciate the support.

Good luck to all!
Oops that was me, not Anonymous, above n/t

Confirmation of reply: