Toni grad lurker..

Toni grad lurker..

BabyDance
BabyDance

November 12th, 2011, 1:38 pm #1

When you used Vitex, did you use it the whole cycle, or just the follicular phase? And I know another success you used acu herbs, but not in the same cycle as Vitex, correct?

Toni
Toni

November 13th, 2011, 5:15 am #2

Hey! Yes I used Vitex and was successful with my DD #2. This is what I did. I took 1 capsule in the morning everyday. I started using it in July which was the beginning of my cycle (right after I started AF) and noticed right before my next AF that I was cranky and depressed so it affected me that first month. I continued to take it right through my next cycle and then had another AF and noticed that I wasn't as cranky. I also was using OPKs, baby aspirin and Robitussin to thin my CM. I am a teacher and I was off for the summer and so we bd quite a bit. In September I thought I was starting AF because I was spotting but I took a HPT and it was positive so I went in and got on progesterone right away. I continued to spot until 10 weeks and they figured out it was a SCH bleed and a vanishing twin. I was on bed rest and so I took it easy. BTW I never had my FSH tested during this time because a few months previously it had shot up to 110 so I just didn't want to know my numbers anymore!
I used acu & Chinese herbs for DS #1. I started the acu and the herbs in Dec. and she worked on my stomach issues for the first month. No fertility stuff at all. She wanted to strengthen my stomach first (she is also a chiropractor so she knew her stuff!) I went 2xs a week until April and drank my herbs 3xs a day. We also got my DH on herbs as well. I was also drinking wheat grass juice daily and doing progesterone cream 2xs a day. My FSH went to a 2.1 and a 4.1(from 34.8) during the acu & herbs. In mid-April I got my BFP and went on progesterone suppositories. I hope all of this helps! We couldn't afford IVF and so I just went alternative and was very focused on trying things out and it worked!
GL
Toni

November 13th, 2011, 10:51 pm #3

When you used Vitex, did you use it the whole cycle, or just the follicular phase? And I know another success you used acu herbs, but not in the same cycle as Vitex, correct?
Though I am only 35 I check on this board every now and then and have been following your story . . . hugs to your latest results/news. I am chiming in because I am going back to vitex after a year at Cooper. Though in one year's time I was not successful at Cooper, I did learn about my cycles during that time. I have an fsh of 20, AFC - 1, for the past 2 years. I had one cycle the whole time I was at Cooper - during the preceding 2.5 months I was on a "mental health break" and taking vitex daily in the am plus using natural progesterone the 2nd half of my cycle. I then produced a follicle on my own that grew nicely - but ended up as BFN. Now that we've ended our natural cycles, I am going back to the vitex. I don't know why that worked where estinyl failed - but my thinking is that it's something to do with LH which I believe vitex can help with. My LH always ran really high - Cooper takes LH at every blood draw. Just some food for thought. All my other supplements have been the same - I was also following Dr. Lee's suggestions for natural progesterone.

Best of Luck to you always!!!

BabyDance
BabyDance

November 14th, 2011, 12:57 am #4

I think I will take one vitex a day for the next two months of trying naturally. DP has sperm problems, so highly unlikely, but will still try, of course, and figured I'd do minimal supplements, BA, vitex, vit D, that's it, maybe inisitol and melatonin if I feel like it. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Good luck Rebekah. I didn't succeed with natural cycles at Check either, but I do think he knows what he's doing with it.

Toni - if you read this too - what did you do dietary wise during this time? Did you have wine or no? Thanks. xoox BD

Louise
Louise

November 14th, 2011, 11:26 am #5

Hope you don't mind me barging your post.Just wanted to share my experience with vitex.I took vitex and in the first month I had a really whacky cycle which was 52 days long. I thought I was in menopause.I have roughly a 13 day follicular phase so I'm not sure how much it helped me. I took it for several months and my cycles returned to normal but I didnt get a BFP.
Just wanted to let you know it can make your cycle a bit whacky but it should settle down, so dont worry.
P4 was the only thing that worked for me during a natural cycle,but it took several months of supplementing before I got a BFP, unfortunately it didnt stick.
Wishing you the very best of luck xx

Yvonne
Yvonne

November 14th, 2011, 11:39 am #6

Though I am only 35 I check on this board every now and then and have been following your story . . . hugs to your latest results/news. I am chiming in because I am going back to vitex after a year at Cooper. Though in one year's time I was not successful at Cooper, I did learn about my cycles during that time. I have an fsh of 20, AFC - 1, for the past 2 years. I had one cycle the whole time I was at Cooper - during the preceding 2.5 months I was on a "mental health break" and taking vitex daily in the am plus using natural progesterone the 2nd half of my cycle. I then produced a follicle on my own that grew nicely - but ended up as BFN. Now that we've ended our natural cycles, I am going back to the vitex. I don't know why that worked where estinyl failed - but my thinking is that it's something to do with LH which I believe vitex can help with. My LH always ran really high - Cooper takes LH at every blood draw. Just some food for thought. All my other supplements have been the same - I was also following Dr. Lee's suggestions for natural progesterone.

Best of Luck to you always!!!
My Naturopath said that Vitex works on LH also... that it helps LH increase so that you ovulate....

THe only thing to watch for is that if your LH is elevated on day 3... Vitex can cause you to ovulate too early - or ovulate an egg which isn't fully developed.

Confirmation of reply: