Thanks to everyone (DE ment)

Thanks to everyone (DE ment)

LadyG
LadyG

June 14th, 2012, 3:15 am #1

For all of your kind and thoughtful responses. Truly a wonderful and supportive group of kindred spirits. It's been a tough few days and I've been going back and forward and really all over the place in my head and am leaning towards cycling again with OE. We have one more cycle on insurance so maybe we should go out with a bang. I'm also considering starting the DE process in parallel, just to get educated and prepared should we decide to go that route. My sister had a baby with OE at 39 after 24 IUIs (yes, 24) with donor sperm (male factor). She believes strongly that raising a child makes it yours, not the genetics. Bless her. I hope I can be as strong...

June 14th, 2012, 4:10 am #2

by all means GO FOR THE HAIL MARY OE ROUND!

Then, you will never regret your journey regardless of which route you take. Good luck on your next CCRM try.

Jamie
Jamie

June 14th, 2012, 1:56 pm #3

Go for it--then you will never wonder what could have been!

I think that Baby Dance made an excellent point on the earlier thread . . . the testosterone priming could have compromised quality. SIRM believes that too much testosterone is really bad for older women. Maybe scratch that this time? Good luck!

anne
anne

June 14th, 2012, 3:33 pm #4

For all of your kind and thoughtful responses. Truly a wonderful and supportive group of kindred spirits. It's been a tough few days and I've been going back and forward and really all over the place in my head and am leaning towards cycling again with OE. We have one more cycle on insurance so maybe we should go out with a bang. I'm also considering starting the DE process in parallel, just to get educated and prepared should we decide to go that route. My sister had a baby with OE at 39 after 24 IUIs (yes, 24) with donor sperm (male factor). She believes strongly that raising a child makes it yours, not the genetics. Bless her. I hope I can be as strong...
you should go for it. i don't know if the testosterone hurt you because at our age statistically you only get one good egg out of 18 (i heard that somewhere)anyway. the ctr for hum rep wrote a paper that dhea and test gave good results in some women, but i must emphasize 'some'.

plus imo it helps the ol' libido and anything that promotes more bd'ng cannot be a bad thing.

but again that's my opine. good luck with it and please let us know your progress.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

June 14th, 2012, 3:38 pm #5

My fingers are crossed for you either way. But if insurance has you covered for another cycle I sure would not leave it on the table. Good luck!

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

June 14th, 2012, 5:30 pm #6

...if you can stand the stress. To get something so complicated and expensive to be covered by insurance is pretty awesome!! (and rare). If you can muster the energy, go for it. That way you'll know you did everything you could before moving on--if it comes to that. It may not!

Good luck and KUP! xoChix

Kim
Kim

June 15th, 2012, 2:10 pm #7

you would give it one more shot! It just seems like those woman that keep at it when they have had such good luck as you in getting so many blasts...they just find one egg that works!

Good luck and will be thinking about you!!!

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

June 16th, 2012, 11:22 pm #8

one last OE cycle. hail mary!! it is a personal choice, of course, but sounds like that last try is a good way to leave nothing on the table/no regrets. you are such a good responder, the odds have just gotta be in your favor...
good luck, LadyG

Denise
Denise

June 18th, 2012, 4:11 pm #9

Just wanted to mention my insurance covered my DE cycle as if it was my IVF cycle check out all options, and GL..

Confirmation of reply: