stunned...(bfp ment)

stunned...(bfp ment)

jkl
jkl

April 26th, 2012, 7:37 pm #1

I'm a veteran of these boards although I don't post much and finally had dd#2 20 months ago after 4 years of trying, IVFs, IUIs etc.

I'm 17dpo (I think) and finally took a test and it came up strong positive. I'm 41.9 yrs old with a history of losses so I'm pretty freaked out.

The preg test was about 2 yrs old, but that shouldn't lead to a false positive should it?

I hope this doesn't offend anyone on this board and hopefully it gives some hope, when af didn't come I was honestly thinking perimenopause because I had no symptoms. Previously I always had a lot of symptoms but obviously that was progesterone etc. We bd 1 time (obviously well timed though!).

I guess I will go for a beta?

I'm really surprised because in all those 4 yrs I never once had a positive on a natural cycle, so I really thought I needed some help to get preg.

I will post updates on the pink board but I wanted to share here first, I haven't told dh yet either, should be interesting.

jkl

ps, for phoebe: I ovulated late--day 21 (I'm pretty variable but that is late even for me) so slow cycles can work out!

Kim
Kim

April 26th, 2012, 7:43 pm #2

Anything is possible. Great news!!! Hope this one is a sticky one for you!

Think not trying does the trick!

Kim
Kim

April 26th, 2012, 7:43 pm #3

I'm a veteran of these boards although I don't post much and finally had dd#2 20 months ago after 4 years of trying, IVFs, IUIs etc.

I'm 17dpo (I think) and finally took a test and it came up strong positive. I'm 41.9 yrs old with a history of losses so I'm pretty freaked out.

The preg test was about 2 yrs old, but that shouldn't lead to a false positive should it?

I hope this doesn't offend anyone on this board and hopefully it gives some hope, when af didn't come I was honestly thinking perimenopause because I had no symptoms. Previously I always had a lot of symptoms but obviously that was progesterone etc. We bd 1 time (obviously well timed though!).

I'm really surprised because in all those 4 yrs I never once had a positive on a natural cycle, so I really thought I needed some help to get preg.

I will post updates on the pink board but I wanted to share here first, I haven't told dh yet either, should be interesting.

jkl

ps, for phoebe: I ovulated late--day 21 (I'm pretty variable but that is late even for me) so slow cycles can work out!
Forgot-the test is not too old...sure it is correct

anne
anne

April 26th, 2012, 8:50 pm #4

jkl

congrats. many times if you have one pg taken to term you will be successful in subsequent tries.

this is great! best of luck for a happy and healthy nine months!

BabyDance
BabyDance

April 26th, 2012, 10:04 pm #5

jkl

How have your cycles been lately? Length, and how many days?

April 26th, 2012, 11:05 pm #6

jkl

I spent 2.5 years and tens of thousands of dollars and had three iui's and two ivf's done before I got pg with DS. I was a week away from turning 41, and just waiting on AF to start to begin IVF#3. Everything turned out fine and we had hope for a #2, but honestly it seemed foolish to even wish for it.

Then when DS was 14 months old, I got pg again. I was 42y, 9mth. That ended in a blighted ovum. But was farther than I had gotten while ttc #1. And then when DS was 21 months old (and me about 43.5) I got pg again. I'm 22 weeks along now, and all signs point to a healthy girl.

These things definitely do happen . Warm wishes to you, and I hope this is the beginning of a happy and healthy nine months for you!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

April 26th, 2012, 11:08 pm #7

jkl

Yeah!! What a surprise!! Congrats and thanks for sharing your story with us. Have a H & H 9 months!!

April 27th, 2012, 1:11 am #8

jkl

SO excited for you! Sounds so much like my last successful cycle. Looking forward to reading your updates these next 9 mos!

Hugs,
Meg

Kim
Kim

April 27th, 2012, 1:14 am #9

I spent 2.5 years and tens of thousands of dollars and had three iui's and two ivf's done before I got pg with DS. I was a week away from turning 41, and just waiting on AF to start to begin IVF#3. Everything turned out fine and we had hope for a #2, but honestly it seemed foolish to even wish for it.

Then when DS was 14 months old, I got pg again. I was 42y, 9mth. That ended in a blighted ovum. But was farther than I had gotten while ttc #1. And then when DS was 21 months old (and me about 43.5) I got pg again. I'm 22 weeks along now, and all signs point to a healthy girl.

These things definitely do happen . Warm wishes to you, and I hope this is the beginning of a happy and healthy nine months for you!
Were you using or taking any supps for this latest pregnancy? Were you tracking your cycles? So happy for you! Such a great story. I feel the same...trying the IVF's and IUI's have not worked so far for me....only had natural pregnancies. Wonder if natural is better. Did you have high FSH at all?

Tracy
Tracy

April 27th, 2012, 3:51 am #10

jkl

Wonderful news! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

xoxo, Tracy

Confirmation of reply: