speaking of NH

speaking of NH

anne
anne

February 1st, 2012, 9:40 pm #1

February 1st, 2012, 9:53 pm #2

My take on mini-IVF is, it allows you to cycle 3x, or 4x more times with smaller cumulative impact on your body. It is not a protocol for those with low FSH and younger age who can get the job done within 1-2 conventional cycles.

For people who respond poorly, even at highest stim they may only produce 2-3 follicles. With mini or natural, they produce at least 1, cumulatively 3, but 3 of better quality over 3 cycles. And the $8400 price tag makes it much easier on 3 cycles than one conventional that costs $13-15K with ICSI, which most of us need.

When the $8400 price tag is taken away, the magic no longer works. You might as well gamble with one full blown cycle than spending $11,800 x3 = $35,400 over three cycles.

Btw, I still don't think Zhang is crazy enough to price mini-IVF at $12K, he probably won't have a single patient left if that is the case.

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 1st, 2012, 10:13 pm #3

You're right! I agree with you totally! And this pricing made me walk away! Literally! I wonder how many others... Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I had a consult there last week and when I saw the prices I flipped. I had to ask 3 times if this was regular IVF or mini-IVF because I was so dumbfounded. I kept telling them there must be a mistake?? Dr. Zhang had just told me he recommended miniIVF and embryo banking! I was told over and over that the pricing was for mini-IVF and I kept thinking, like you said, this price tag takes the "magic" out of this whole thing... I mean really... the told me that I would be able to get 1.5 cycles out of it, even with insurance. Seriously??? I also pointed out that their website had different pricing (at the time, I hadn't yet seen the new pricing on the website) and they said "Oh yeah, we just updated it". I wish I had known that before I made a special trip there. I had been wanting to post about this for the last week and see if anyone knew about this, or if somehow I didn't understand, but I was pretty upset. I actually left their office in tears and never looked back. I never even finished meeting with everyone! Luckily I also went to Cooper and will be going there, so I do have some options...but my visit to New HOpe was a total let down.

I do totally understand the the vitrification process is unique and very important, and all of the other technology they employ can be costly, but if the idea is to help ladies like us, who need to be able to do this 2-3-4 times, it is not cost effective in any way for us.

February 1st, 2012, 10:25 pm #4

for those on the east coast.

SIRM has an excellent lab, something that Cooper doesn't have. I am afraid EZ-IVF may disappear soon when NH goes crazy, so if that is the route you've chosen, you'd better start running towards SIRM and lock down your contract ASAP.

BAbyDance
BAbyDance

February 2nd, 2012, 2:01 am #5

It's around 13,500 for three cycles, plus at least another 1000 per cycle for OR fees and some equipment fee. And sometimes they charge ICSI, AH extra... It's still better then regular cycle, but it ain't great.

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 2nd, 2012, 2:36 am #6

for those on the east coast.

SIRM has an excellent lab, something that Cooper doesn't have. I am afraid EZ-IVF may disappear soon when NH goes crazy, so if that is the route you've chosen, you'd better start running towards SIRM and lock down your contract ASAP.
But they don't take our insurance there...but it can be a good option I agree!

Confirmation of reply: