southern california reproductive center ????

southern california reproductive center ????

Beetle
Beetle

February 12th, 2012, 1:24 am #1

Anyone used them, heard anything good about them??

February 12th, 2012, 3:23 am #2

I love them! I go to Dr. Dan.zer. He is very high FSH friendly and has a wonderful bedside manner. His compassion has helped me through some rough times that included an ectopic pregnancy. They are pricey though. I was only able to afford one IVF there and have been stuck doing IUI's ever since. My ectopic was on an IUI cycle. My IVF was a BFN. I think it is worth a consult.

xoxo, Tracy

Beetle
Beetle

February 12th, 2012, 4:31 pm #3

tracey

do they stop your ivf if your FSH is to high on the cycle? and do they stop proceeding with IVF if you have a poor follicle count on CD2? Thanks for responding. How much more are they in regards to other clinics?

February 12th, 2012, 9:54 pm #4

The month I did IVF my FSH was under 15 and I ended up with 5 eggs. I think they have an unofficial requirement of 4 follicles to get to retrieval. Not sure of FSH cut offs.....I know one month when mine was 17 they had me sit it out. I have a friend that ended up going to Fertility and Surgical Associates out in Thousand Oaks and was able to do several cycles for the cost of one at SCRC. I didn't ever shop around because I was tapped out financially after the one IVF.....and SCRC is a convenient location for me and I really like Dr. D. You might look into Fertility and Surgical Associates or do a shout out for input on them. I saw your post below and see that you want to do multiple cycles if necessary, so that might help you do more. I also saw that Kiwichick sent you. I LOVE her. She got pg. with her twins right when I joined the boards. I learned soooo much from her. Good luck with your clinic search and keep us posted.

xoxo, Tracy

Beetle
Beetle

February 12th, 2012, 11:54 pm #5

Eve ( kiwi chick) has been a blessing to me, so very helpful. I have never cycled out of NZ, until last december, we never follicle counted, and did FSH on each cycle, so all these new things to consider are full on. Not to mention how many clinics to chose from.

I have been stood down from doing a cycle for 2 months now - and it freaks me out as I am running out of time.

I was interested to know if everyone here in the states do a mandatory follicle and FSH check on cycles?

I never knew I was a high FSH person till I came here, another ting to freak about.

PS - what does pg, ment - not mine .....mean

Beetle
Beetle

February 13th, 2012, 12:04 am #6

this is really killing me - I need to know. On your IVF cycle, did they do an early antrafolical check before they proceeded with anything? you know, about 2 days after your period?

thanks in advance.

February 13th, 2012, 1:59 am #7

Always does an early follicle check. I usually go in CD 2. He doesn't think a lower count is necessarily bad because sometimes more follicles show up as the cycle goes on. It is more to make sure you don't have a cyst or an early dominant follicle. If you have an early follicle that is over 10mm, it can make it hard for any others to catch up. So I do think a baseline u/s is important, especially in an IVF cycle. Pg ment not mine means I mentioned a pregnancy in the post and I put not mine, so people would know I wasn't pg. The boards try to put pg. ment for pregnancy or m/c ment for miscarriage or child ment in the subject line if you have a kid that you are mentioning in the post. It is to be sensitive if people find it depressing to read about somebody elses pregnancy, miscarriage or child. That way, they won't open the post.

xoxo, Tracy

Beetle
Beetle

February 13th, 2012, 4:20 am #8

thanks Tracey, your very kind to fill me in. I had a cycle bumped because I only had 2 follicles in there, I wonder if SCRC would do that, do you recall any such cut off points with them. I have done one meeting with SCRC from NZ, it cost so much money and it was with Dr Surry, he was super rude, so I went with this other clinic. Just trying to gage if what my clinic here is doing by bumping my IVF cycles- is the norm. I am considering ringing Dr Danzer tomorrow, but you have answered alot of my question, so I am trying to save myself from another very expensive chat. I just got bumped again cause my FSH was 14.5 - feeling really frustrated.

February 13th, 2012, 4:56 am #9

Things from several other women about Dr. Surrey. I have never met with him myself. I actually have a friend that switched from him to Danzer. Apparently they are like night and day when it comes to bedside manner. I really do love Danzer. Save yourself the expensive chat unless you are ready to switch to SCRC right now. They do have a great lab, but I wish they had more reasonable prices. It would be great if they started a natural IVF program with prices similar to Cooper.....but there has been no sign of that in the time I have been there. I really don't think they have an antral count cut off. I'm trying to do an IUI this month and have 7 antrals...but as of CD 10, they were all still small. So frustrating! I go back on Tuesday and if no major growth I'm going to have to cancel. Each month is such a darn crap shoot. Hang in there.

xoxo, Tracy

Beetle
Beetle

February 13th, 2012, 5:04 am #10

How much did your IVF cycle cost? Did you have alot of bells and whistles, When I spoke to Surry, he wanted to do PGD testing on my eggs etc. I kinda like to leave eggs alone.

Confirmation of reply: