Seeing red I'm so mad! (vent)

Seeing red I'm so mad! (vent)

August 10th, 2012, 10:28 pm #1

As and out-of-town patient I went to get blood work and ultraounds locally. I researched the centers on pricing and made it very clear that I needed stat results and that they could provide them. I then chose the best place based on locality and price.

I went in on Tuesday for bloodwork and ultrasounds and my bloodwork was faxed to my house by 2pm. The ultasound took longer but eventually made it to Coo.per around 5pm.

So today I went back to the same centers to get bloodwork and ultrasounds. This evening the nurse calls to tell me that the lab says it will be 2-3 days until my bloodwork is in!

On top of that the ultrasound tech told me I had a 10,7 on my left ovary and a two 5's and a 3mm on my right. Best response ever and I'm not even on stims yet. What does the radiologist report to Coo.per say... I have one 10.5 follicle. What the hell?!?

So now I'm being told not to start meds and try and find another place tomorrow morning to get actual "STAT" bloodwork. FML

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

August 10th, 2012, 11:28 pm #2

I am so mad for you!

As for the follie size, they probably only report "measurable" ones and they probably consider 10 "measurable".

Hugs.

August 10th, 2012, 11:50 pm #3

MH got on the phone and raised royal hell with the blood center. Someone there is trying to get the bloodwork results in tonight yet. At least I won't have to run for bloodwork tomorrow.

As for the ultrasound...I called their emergency number and the radiologist read the report to us over the phone. He then faxed it to us and it clearly stats the 5 follicles.

I refaxed the radiology report to Coo.per with big cirlces around the follicle sizes and asked the Coo.per staff whether or not this was the report they received.

What a huge PITA. I hate being on the outside. Why can't these freaking centers send the results directly to us so we are pointing fingers left and right trying to figure out whose at fault?

If stress is bad for conceiving it's no freaking wonder why we never get pregnant.
Last edited by Tripplebe on August 11th, 2012, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

August 11th, 2012, 1:31 am #4

So so so so so frustrating! Why does it have to be so much work? Why can't it be easy just once? I'm sorry about your day. I hope you can put your feet up this evening.

Kim
Kim

August 11th, 2012, 1:44 am #5

As and out-of-town patient I went to get blood work and ultraounds locally. I researched the centers on pricing and made it very clear that I needed stat results and that they could provide them. I then chose the best place based on locality and price.

I went in on Tuesday for bloodwork and ultrasounds and my bloodwork was faxed to my house by 2pm. The ultasound took longer but eventually made it to Coo.per around 5pm.

So today I went back to the same centers to get bloodwork and ultrasounds. This evening the nurse calls to tell me that the lab says it will be 2-3 days until my bloodwork is in!

On top of that the ultrasound tech told me I had a 10,7 on my left ovary and a two 5's and a 3mm on my right. Best response ever and I'm not even on stims yet. What does the radiologist report to Coo.per say... I have one 10.5 follicle. What the hell?!?

So now I'm being told not to start meds and try and find another place tomorrow morning to get actual "STAT" bloodwork. FML
Had my follicles remeasured 2x at the radiologist at important parts of my cycle here locally one to find out they STILL mis-measured! Sigh, so I head out to my RE's place next time to do the monitoring closer to trigger.

Jamie
Jamie

August 11th, 2012, 2:49 am #6

Sorry, been there, done that. It is a royal pain to be an OOT Cooper patient! Good luck tomorrow!

ActingLoud
ActingLoud

August 14th, 2012, 1:56 pm #7

I was supposed to cycle this month and can't find a decent place yet to do either.

Confirmation of reply: